Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My theory on why killing the Emperor ended the Empire

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
My theory on why killing the Emperor ended the Empire

Eillack
03.01.2013 , 07:46 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Damatese View Post
I am new to it actually. However I did do my research. What got me into starswars was the Clone wars series cartoon. Which lead me to watch the movies 1-6 in it's entirety which lead me to research Star wars fandom. Which in turn lead me to G-Cannon- B-cannon- C cannon... etc etc. Which in turns lead me to reading the debates on here .

Which what I see a lot of is the disbelief on how the empire did not end with the emperor death. EU happen etc etc...but then Lucas HImself say it's just an alternate mirror and that in his universe when the EMperor fell so too did the Empire.

Watching the Clones wars it now even more certain the way the republic get reborn again is via the remaining clone army. They were absolutely loyal to the orders and the republic so it would stand to reason when their empire fell they default back to those who are in power I.E the senate..which was disbanded because they felt what Palpatine was doing is wrong.

Hence the galaxy wide celebration when they found out he was dead. His rule got to cruel for the general masses that even the Senators had to speak up.

I am extrapolating from the movie and the cartoon series. The E.U as far as I am concern post Movies never happened. Episode 7 coming up is going to add more to it which will toss the E.U as another dimension. Which in the canon verse does not count.
Then you have my pitty.

That is the worst place to start Star Wars. Not only does it constantly destroy long-held lore and canon, it created an alernate reality where events never occured the way they should have.

It's also sad to see you will never fully understand Star Wars by what you posted.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Rabenschwinge
03.01.2013 , 08:24 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
Also, dont tell us what you think is cannon, it doesn't matter. I hate Jar Jar, doesn't mean I can walk in and say he never happened in my mind and he just magically disappears from Episode I. Doesn't work like that, not if you want to be taken seriously.
I don't think the OP is trying to tell anyone what canonical Star Wars is - he simply doesn't want to discuss the entire canonical Star Wars. If someone wants to discuss the movies and the movies alone, he may. It's not forbidden to lead a discussion about a movie, or a set of movies, or a set of movies and a an attached TV show.

It would be somewhat silly to discuss which events take place after the end of Episode VI, because there already is a canonical set of events and Episode VI itself does not cover them, but as a thread starter, if he wants to do so, he may.

However, in this particular case it does make a certain degree of sense, because he rather wishes to speculate on what events will be assumed to have taken place in Episode VII, rather than discussing the current canon. While it is theoretically possible that those events will be identical to those in the current canon it's highly unlikely. And it's not somehow forbidden to start speculations on future movies.

Of course, the OP is still wrong with his points - as people have pointed out, the storm troopers are not clones, the senate has been dissolved and cannot possibly not be a fallback within the Imperial military.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

DarthTyranid
03.01.2013 , 10:46 PM | #13
I have not seen the Clone Wars cartoon series (other than the mini-one that was all samurai jack style), but the more I hear of this CGI thing, the more I cringe.

As far as the canon thing. Canon is lost. At this point everyone just needs to keep what they like and throw out the rest. This is not real and there can be no real debate on what happened and didn't happen since none of it happened. Disney owns it now so they can wipe the EU clean with episode 7 if they so desire. They could remake the prequels and the originals if they saw fit.

I generally see the OP as trying to jump through mental hoops to make what george lucas did with his added scenes make sense, but it just doesn't work. Sometimes movies just don't make sense and things are added because the man making those movies lost his flippin mind.

Vepariga
03.01.2013 , 11:02 PM | #14
You take out the Emperor and of course its going to cause abit of turmoil...But would not disband or dent the empire in the slightest.

its Galactic spanning remember. The death of one leader wouldnt do much the next would just step in or a substitute council while they appoint a new emperor.

(not going off the EU)
== Dark Lord of the Sith and Proud member of the 501st Legion ==
"For my ally is the Force and a powerful ally it is."