Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vesaniae
03.01.2013 , 09:41 AM | #2821
I made an updated cast picture, in which I did my best to include an image of every character who has appeared in a story in this thread. There are also some people who haven't actually appeared yet, but who totally will when I get around to it. Unfortunately, I do not have any images of Lyshara and Lynet Vrine, but I will amend this once I have access to TOR again.

The image may be found at this location. It is very large. Click that magnifying glass at your own risk.
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
03.01.2013 , 04:18 PM | #2822
Mrtwo - Welcome to the thread! I liked your fic a lot. Loved your character, the mix of fighting prowess and math ability - very cool and reminded me a little of Rich Franklin, which was fun . And the seediness of Nar Shaddaa was really well done.

Striges - I LOVE Jurial's philosophy. Just...yeah, love it. (Oh, and to judge by the SGRA thread, the new cap for all threads is 555 pages.)

Bright - "There's no reason a bug should get bigger than thumb size. Ever. Any planet where they do is a highly questionable planet." Two minutes straight of laughing. Seriously. I loved Vierce's version of defending Elara, and I loved that Elara would have been perfectly fine dealing with him herself. She's got that lovely ability to stand up for herself and anything she thinks is right without stooping...if that makes sense

Edit: And Ves's crew in all their glory!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
03.01.2013 , 06:08 PM | #2823
Vierce notes:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
03.01.2013 , 09:20 PM | #2824
Prompt day, with two this time!

Week of 3/1/2013
Mirror, Mirror – Images and reflections can tell you a lot. Sometimes they give an accurate perspective on what's going on. But sometimes they don't quite reflect the truth of things. Distorted or un-, write about mirrors, reflections, or echoes that your characters have encountered or left.

The Morning After - What seems like a good idea at night may turn out to be terrible in the morning. Or the other way around. Write about the morning after some event great or small that your character has experienced.

Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Mrtwo
03.02.2013 , 12:14 PM | #2825
I wrote a short thing real quick. Thanks for all the feedback and the welcomes! As always, feedback and critisism is appreciated and wanted.
NotLP, Dreams and Nightmares

Spoiler

Tatile
03.02.2013 , 12:26 PM | #2826
Is it bad that whenever people talk about the (brutal) efficiency of the Empire, all I can do is think: "Yes, this is good."

On a more serious note, poor Kouhun - probably one of the few Rattataki in the galaxy who fit the standard definition of 'civilized' for so long and then he ends up as a pit fighter slave. It would be nice to see what becomes of his career after, and during, the Great Hunt, due to...
Spoiler

Mrtwo
03.02.2013 , 01:17 PM | #2827
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Is it bad that whenever people talk about the (brutal) efficiency of the Empire, all I can do is think: "Yes, this is good."

On a more serious note, poor Kouhun - probably one of the few Rattataki in the galaxy who fit the standard definition of 'civilized' for so long and then he ends up as a pit fighter slave. It would be nice to see what becomes of his career after, and during, the Great Hunt, due to...
Spoiler
Yeah, I was debating whether or not to use the Imps as the ones who invade the colony due to that point. I needed some xenophobic force that could take over a colony of thousands, and they were the only easily recognizable power that fit the bill.
Spoiler
edit: and also, thanks for the feedback
A leader can't lead until he knows where he's going.

- John Locke

irishfino
03.02.2013 , 03:19 PM | #2828
Prompt: Mirror, Mirror
Universe: Ald the Silly Sith Warrior
Characters: Ald and Malavai Quinn

That’s One Way to Take a Bath

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Tatile
03.02.2013 , 03:27 PM | #2829
Splash fights are best fights. Those two are the most adorable <3

irishfino
03.02.2013 , 06:52 PM | #2830
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Splash fights are best fights. Those two are the most adorable <3
I'm amazed at how adorable they've become. Ya know, when they're not brooding.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!