Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Malgus vs Darth Sideous

Darkondo
03.01.2013 , 07:42 PM | #91
Seriously, can this thread just die?? I mean really, this is no contest whatsoever, not even in any lifetime or any universe, or even any afterlife is this even plausible. Now Sidious vs Vitiate or Sidious vs Exar Kun i can understand to some degree (not much but still some) but this is Malgus, They could fight an infinite amount of times and in no universe whatsoever would Malgus even come close to coming close to even challenge Sidious. Malgus cant even beat Jadus or even challenge Vitiate, what makes anyone have the audacity to even think of this being a decent fight? Please just stop, this is driving us all nuts.

Wolfninjajedi
03.01.2013 , 07:50 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
I think that's hard to compare because Darth Malgus is a front loaded warrior and Sidious is a deveiver and schemer. The nature of their power differs greatly from each other....
Its still Sidious, no matter how many ways you slice it. It will always come back to Sidious. There is no "what ifs" there is no "Buts" there is no "What about?" NO, there is NOTHING that Malgus holds above Sidious.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Darkondo
03.01.2013 , 07:56 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Its still Sidious, no matter how many ways you slice it. It will always come back to Sidious. There is no "what ifs" there is no "Buts" there is no "What about?" NO, there is NOTHING that Malgus holds above Sidious.
There is one thing that Malgus has that Sidious doesnt, a respirator. But thats it, no ifs and's, or buts.

Wolfninjajedi
03.01.2013 , 09:31 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkondo View Post
There is one thing that Malgus has that Sidious doesnt, a respirator. But thats it, no ifs and's, or buts.
Well was speaking more in terms of power and skill, that sort.

DarthTyranid
03.01.2013 , 10:34 PM | #95
Seeing how easily Sidious was taken out, I mean he couldn't even use the force to prevent a long fall into a reactor, I got to think Malgus would have a pretty good chance against him.

Wolfninjajedi
03.01.2013 , 10:47 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTyranid View Post
Seeing how easily Sidious was taken out, I mean he couldn't even use the force to prevent a long fall into a reactor, I got to think Malgus would have a pretty good chance against him.
....No he was taken out due to his focus being on Luke, and he wasn't expecting Vader to turn on him. Even then Vader still died, Malgus won't have the chance to do what Vader did to Sidious. People can't use that as an excuse, because the circumstances were very specific in what happened. Malgus dies end of story.

DarthTyranid
03.01.2013 , 10:58 PM | #97
You're saying Malgus is incapable of setting up a trap with young impressionable Jedi bait in order distract Sidious and take him out?

You keep speaking in absolutes. That does not go over well on the internet.

LadyKulvax
03.02.2013 , 05:33 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTyranid View Post
You're saying Malgus is incapable of setting up a trap with young impressionable Jedi bait in order distract Sidious and take him out?

You keep speaking in absolutes. That does not go over well on the internet.
No, what you are suggesting is a situation biased towards Darth Malgus, a battle of power vs power Malgus loses, considering it's the only fair way to judge these things without showing some biased towards/against one or more characters, this is how we must argue these points.
Kote! Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Battle Honour

DarthTyranid
03.02.2013 , 08:18 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
No, what you are suggesting is a situation biased towards Darth Malgus, a battle of power vs power Malgus loses, considering it's the only fair way to judge these things without showing some biased towards/against one or more characters, this is how we must argue these points.
To take two characters into a vacuum and pit them against each other removes many of their possible strengths. Sidious' greatest asset was arguably his ability as a master manipulator and deceiver. So arguably he would see through Malgus' trap and set one of his own.

But some people are saying that no matter what trick/allies/giant space slug/what have you trick Malgus could attempt, that Sidious just gets to auto-win cause he is just so awesome.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi
Clearly there are many what ifs, buts and what abouts that could give Malgus an edge.
Malgus, riding the deathstar that is being driven by Batman for instance.

SNCommand
03.02.2013 , 08:22 AM | #100
Didn't the duel with Maul and Opress show that pitted against brute strength SIdious will still kick ***?
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.