Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Tactic for Newbs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP Tactic for Newbs

MDMoshi
03.01.2013 , 03:31 PM | #1
I wanted to start a Tactic's Thread to help Newbies to keep PVPing and not give up. I'll start my sharing what little I have learned and ask others to add what they have learned.

Communicate: If you're protecting something, or you see something...Communicate it.
Stay with the group: when you go solo you die, even if you have to wait a couple seconds it's worth it.
Keep Moving: If you become a target start moving and stay within sight of your team. If you get out of view you can't be healed.
Learn the Map: this is vague, but spend a mintue finding the specials that heal, increase speed, and increase damage...You will need them.
Work as a Team: If someone gives a suggestion, follow it. Everyone Wins when Everyone Wins. If you have a better idea, then state it.

Fun Facts: If an enemy is on a platform you can't get to, but you have a push...jump up and activate "push" to throw them off the platform.
Use the enviornment to your advantage: hide behind things to keep ranged off you, in Huttball you can push/pull people into acid or fire to help kill them, etc.
Some skills aren't affected by the Global Cooldown and can increase your damage output.
In Huttball if you are closer to your own goal line than the opp and you're about to die, throw the ball so the opp doesn't get the ball right there.
When an several opps are capturing a target use an AOE (area of effect) attack to stop them. There's a reason they are lit up, you should attack them.

I do have a question about when a sniper or gunslinger is in cover: besides killing them, how can you get them out?
Acadai / Heidi-Marie / Zoey-sonora
Mid-day Mid-week Ops: http://www.exceptionallegion.com/for...s-82213/page/1

Technohic
03.01.2013 , 03:37 PM | #2
push, stun, or knockdown will get them out unless you see big black "wings" on the side of their cover. If thats the case, LOS and wait till they go down.
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

arkanone
03.01.2013 , 04:55 PM | #3
1) Roll a jugg/guardian

2)Spec Rage

3)AE Smash for 7.5k damage

Fun!

DarthOvertone
03.01.2013 , 05:00 PM | #4
Honestly, if most players just ride their base attack/heal, they will likely match or out perform their current DPS and Heal rotations. So keep it simple yo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT3wXaobzMo
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

swkurama
03.01.2013 , 06:32 PM | #5
Do you realize that just about 10% of the game's population actually read the forums? And your target audience never does.

It is a nice try, but useless imho.

MidichIorian
03.01.2013 , 06:36 PM | #6
One advice: Play the role your AC/spec is designed for. The vast majority of losses are a direct outcome of people not filling their optimal roles. You have the healer stuck on guard duty while the stealther is zerging and so on. It's frustrating to watch.

SomeJagoff
03.01.2013 , 07:25 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MDMoshi View Post
Fun Facts: If an enemy is on a platform you can't get to, but you have a push...jump up and activate "push" to throw them off the platform.
uh, I'd probably recommend against this one, if you're a jugg and have a push and an enemy is on a platform above you, on your side of the map in huttball, you're probably going to push them to your goal line

Quote: Originally Posted by MDMoshi View Post
I do have a question about when a sniper or gunslinger is in cover: besides killing them, how can you get them out?
knockback, stun. If they have entrench active (the 2 little black things on the side of their cover shield), they're immune to knockbacks/stuns, so wait 20 seconds and get out of the LOS.

If it's voidstar, for example, and a sniper is on the mid platform on the defender side in the first area, if you have a darkness sin, whirlwind/pull, again, as long as enrench isn't active.

P.S. You forgot rage at your teammates and use all caps, that's always a good choice.
Lightsabers, Force Choke, Force Lightning, Jedi Mind Tricks, what else could you want from an MMO? There may be other MMOs out there, but do they have Lightsabers?....Do They?

Once you're in the hole, what's a few more feet?