Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Annihilation needs an anti-cleanse

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Warrior > Marauder
Annihilation needs an anti-cleanse

majiinx
03.01.2013 , 03:49 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by jdemast View Post
I posted a topic like this in the PTS forums and it got promptly shut down. Hopefully they paid attenton to it though at least.
That sucks, I don't know why anybody would shut it down, everybody here has posted legitimate concerns about the spec. I personally feel having some anti-cleanse mechanic and taking the cooldown off rupture is far from unreasonable, I dare say those changes are pretty mandatory for Annihilation to be viable.

verfallen
03.01.2013 , 04:28 PM | #22
We all hoped I think the changes to annihilator and juyo (extra stack of both) would even things up, but the crit nerf that mostly hit melee mean our bleeds (that still retain a specced +24% (+3% compared to 1,7, from the extra juyo stack)) got relatively the same split of damage 40%.

Annihilate now counts for a bit more sure, but mostly its vicious slash that is barely used anymore, its % of total damage having gone to the new twin saber throw (which is free and hits very well) and annihilate. (which alternatively means a near 100% uptime on rupture, since you do more annihilate in a same time frame, so better proc % on getting off cd)

Liquidsnack
03.28.2013 , 09:06 AM | #23
I am bumping this because this is something that needs to be addressed. My ideas are, If your deadly saber dots are cleansed reset the cd of deadly saber or, If any dots are cleansed then reset the cd of annihilate so we can attempt to get another rupture and so we can replace the dot damage lost with physical hard damage.

Lyer
03.28.2013 , 09:15 AM | #24
Really our bleeds are constantly going out. There is no way to cleanse them all without seriously taxing a healer. We put up bleeds faster than a healer's cleanse can cooldown anyway. I've not had any problem against cleansers.
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite post on the forum.

KettleBelll
03.28.2013 , 10:37 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyer View Post
Really our bleeds are constantly going out. There is no way to cleanse them all without seriously taxing a healer. We put up bleeds faster than a healer's cleanse can cooldown anyway. I've not had any problem against cleansers.

EVERY THREAD, EVERY TIME

There is some hero that posts "I'm soo awesome, I don't have the issue you are posting about. I"m great, what's wrong with you. Look at me me me!"

Tired of these jerks.

On topic: Dots that have a cooldown should have cleanse protection, and dots that can be reapplied at will shouldn't. Annihilation loses all of it's rage generation when dots are cleanse, and is really hurt when that happens.

Lyer
03.28.2013 , 12:24 PM | #26
Rupture already has a chance to have its cooldown finished through Pulverize in the skill tree. Annihilation Marauders should wait for the first Rupture bleed to go away before putting another on rather than clip the last tick. It comes up often enough that it is difficult to cleanse consistently.

verfallen
03.28.2013 , 12:40 PM | #27
Its easy enough for a healer to wait for your DS to go to 3 stack and boom, cleanse.

Cleanse protection in its classic form would become cost heavy for us.

What I'd suggest instead is if cleansing DS is cleansed, the cooldown on annihilate is immediately finished, and your next annihilate is free and/or deals 30% more damage.

Its still a damage loss, but not so much.

Greenify
03.31.2013 , 06:29 AM | #28
**** no marauder is OP as it is.

Sprgmr
03.31.2013 , 06:03 PM | #29
In PvP, you can't lump all 3 classes together. Carnage and Smash have burst damage which you cant avoid. Annihilation can effectively have half its damage removed at will. Also, Rupture does pitiful damage compared to 3 stack DS.

Quote: Originally Posted by Greenify View Post
**** no marauder is OP as it is.

Lyer
04.04.2013 , 10:29 AM | #30
I played several PvP games the other day specifically to watch my bleeds and to see if they got cleansed. In about four or five games, I only saw it happen once in a big team battle. When there are so many health bars to watch at once, compounded with monitoring cooldowns and positioning as well as keeping away from enemy DPS, it's hard for even a good healer to be able to see who has what debuffs or dots that need to be cleansed. Also, when a healer cleanses, that's a GCD where they are not healing. In smaller battles, yes, I could almost guarantee bleeds are being cleansed, but in larger team battles it really taxes the healers to have to do that.