Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Could use some more stuns in this game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Could use some more stuns in this game

DarkPharohEclip
03.01.2013 , 10:58 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by majiinx View Post
I'm glad you made this thread this is defiantly something that needs to be looked at, more CC would be a very welcome change. I would defiantly like to see more stuns especially Rage Marauders. Rage Marauders are so under powered compared to other classes I think if they gave us more CC it would help bring us up to par with other classes.

Theres a few changes I would like to see for Marauders

Add a stun component to Smash
Remove the 5 person limit on Smash
Make it so intimidating roar doesn't break from damage
Remove the cooldown on Force Crush
Remove the 4 stack limit on shockwave and increase the limit to 8 which would allow smash to do 200% damage instead of 100%

I think these changes would help make a Rage Marauder more playable, because as it stands we are grossly underpowered.
I agree, add more stuns to mara and then take away all of the operative stuns... My main toon I play is an OP by the way. Or just give everyone an arsenal of stuns. Like 5-6 at least

majiinx
03.01.2013 , 11:00 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkPharohEclip View Post
That's a worthless stat, I don't bring my companion to the wz.
Wrong. Presence boosts the stats of crappy undergearered players that we are forced to group with when we solo queue.

DarkPharohEclip
03.01.2013 , 11:01 AM | #23
Wrong. Presence boosts the stats of crappy undergearered players that we are forced to group with when we solo queue.
Well, I'm definately not undergeared. EWH with Mod upgrades I min max my toon.. I don't need to waste slots on presence.

The Game Needs Moar stuns!!

Joesixxpack
03.01.2013 , 11:13 AM | #24
We should adopt them as pets, since we can't take our better geared ones in with us.

"I'll take the 12,300 buffed Sent., and shall call him Greenie. Is that you?! Yes it is you good boy!" ::scratch scratch::
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

majiinx
03.01.2013 , 11:14 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkPharohEclip View Post
Well, I'm definately not undergeared. EWH with Mod upgrades I min max my toon.. I don't need to waste slots on presence.

The Game Needs Moar stuns!!
Yes but your being selfish by only boosting your stats. You should be stacking presence to help out the people that don't have the time to goto the pvp terminal to pick up recruit gear cause they are licking their flavored lightsabers.

sauerkraut
03.01.2013 , 11:42 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Oh, be quiet, OP. It's not half as bad as WoW, at least by the time I left it in mid-WOTLK (tried out Cata, but didn't pvp much). There, you could catch 6-second stuns, and waaaaaaaaaaay worse burst damage (not as bad AoE as lolsmash though).

But, what was even more inconvenient, all CC was on separate diminishing returns, meaning you could get stunned, feared, polymorphed, dazed, etc in a succession.

On the other hand, I do agree that stun, as it is implemented in ToR, is a rather poor PvP mechanic. Now then, if more defensive cooldowns could be used from under stuns, and/or the stun broke after you take damage equal to %% of your HP pool, then it would be so much better.

Resolve breaking active CC when it activates (naturally would take some adjustments to the speed of resolve generation) would, hopefully, prevent mindless CC spam.
I never played WoW so i did not know, where this retarded stun fest idea came from, how naive i am, of course i was suppose to know, they copied every single stupid idea from WoW. When we get Pandas? WoW has it.

Daxy
03.01.2013 , 11:53 AM | #27
my thing now is to /stuck as soon as i get gang-stunned then have the herpderps chase me the rest of the wz because they felt slighted by not getting their "kill"

DarthOvertone
03.01.2013 , 12:31 PM | #28
Would be totally great if we could all just stun with impunity, forever and ever. I mean, come on, a stun off would be epic. Just think of it...

JK stuns BH
BH stuns JK
JK stuns BH again
BH stuns JK again
JK starts to drool, stuns BH
BH is drooling hard, stuns JK
JK drools, but stuns BH during a lag spike
Lag spike throws off the BH's timing and the JK gets in another stun!

and on and on...

Now that's a fight! Hours of nailbiting action while one player tries to get that extra stun in on an opponent which could tip the scales of the fight and change the whole encounter! I totally get what the SWTOR Devs were trying to accomplish now.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | War Hero Alphabond - Sniper | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

Belly
03.01.2013 , 02:28 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
Would be totally great if we could all just stun with impunity, forever and ever. I mean, come on, a stun off would be epic. Just think of it...

JK stuns BH
BH stuns JK
JK stuns BH again
BH stuns JK again
JK starts to drool, stuns BH
BH is drooling hard, stuns JK
JK drools, but stuns BH during a lag spike
Lag spike throws off the BH's timing and the JK gets in another stun!

and on and on...

Now that's a fight! Hours of nailbiting action while one player tries to get that extra stun in on an opponent which could tip the scales of the fight and change the whole encounter! I totally get what the SWTOR Devs were trying to accomplish now.
And most of the stuns do damage so somebody would die...eventually.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts