Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where to get my speeder, once the skill has been purchased?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Where to get my speeder, once the skill has been purchased?

abokado
02.28.2013 , 08:06 AM | #11
There is a vendor at Balmorra for the imps and... on the aquivalent planet for the reps. So, yeah, a bit stupid because most reach lvl 15 on DK/Coru, but you'll be soon on Balmorra. And there is a GTN on DK, so you can buy a speeder from there, too. (Since there are always a few speeders that are cheaper than from the vendor, they are adaptive and offer excellent protection against getting knocked off, so it's worth to buy an adaptive speeder from the GTN.)

Gidrea
02.28.2013 , 10:12 AM | #12
You can go to the speeder vendor on Tatooine without having to fight anything, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing there you can't buy on the fleet.

You can buy the Digital Upgrade here: http://www.swtor.com/buy
for $4.99 US, and that gets you the speeder (on every character you have, now and in the future), access to the VIP lounge (Elevator near the bar on the fleet) and some other toys, like a flare gun.
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Mädison / Randava / Lexä / Procaffeincia - The Harbinger
Shock and Jawa / Full Metal Jawa - The family you choose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

OwenP
02.28.2013 , 06:52 PM | #13
Yeah, the change to lower the level accessable for speeders has meant it happens on a planet without a vendor now but when you get your ship you can travel to any planet and walk around the spaceports and starting zones without being attacked buy mobs. This gives you access to those vendors like Speeders and Companion Customisation. Obviously the other standard vendors will be selling items leveled for that planet.
He's no good to me dead

happysister
03.01.2013 , 02:19 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Gidrea View Post
Speeder vendors are on the fleet (Ranks 1,2, & 3) Tatooine (Rank 1), Alderaan (Rank 1 & 2), Quesh (Rank 1 & 2), Voss (Rank 3). There are also speeders on the GTN that are adaptable to your piloting level.
they also added speeder vendors on Balmorra (Empire) and Taris (Republic).
Lorhin - Sharpshooter Gunslinger
Sashel - Sawbones Scoundrel

Gidrea
03.01.2013 , 02:49 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by happysister View Post
they also added speeder vendors on Balmorra (Empire) and Taris (Republic).
Nice! Time to update my list! Thanks for posting this.
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Mädison / Randava / Lexä / Procaffeincia - The Harbinger
Shock and Jawa / Full Metal Jawa - The family you choose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

the_lost_deciple
03.04.2013 , 08:54 PM | #16
Also have a look at GTN. Speeders dropped like hell from the cartel packs and they have those hypercrate things out now. Because lots of people bought those hoping for the big jackpot (white crystal, overlord throne type stuff), there are tons of speeders out there now and you can pick those up for as low as 4000 credits. They are adaptive speeders, better then from vendor.

I have a speedrer collection now, not paid more then 8K for any.

Slightrider
03.05.2013 , 11:19 AM | #17
the lower level access is nice. I have the deluxe upgrade and get a free speeder on every alt. So much better to be able to have a speeder at lvl 1 for just a few CC's.
¡ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dılɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟI

Gidrea
03.05.2013 , 11:32 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Slightrider View Post
the lower level access is nice. I have the deluxe upgrade and get a free speeder on every alt. So much better to be able to have a speeder at lvl 1 for just a few CC's.
You must be level 10 to train for speeder piloting. 15 without Legacy.

Slightrider
03.05.2013 , 11:38 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Gidrea View Post
You must be level 10 to train for speeder piloting. 15 without Legacy.
If your legacy level is over 10, you can train at character level 1. I do it with all my alts.
¡ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dılɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟI

Gidrea
03.05.2013 , 12:04 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Slightrider View Post
If your legacy level is over 10, you can train at character level 1. I do it with all my alts.
The window clearly says "Requires level 10." My Legacy is at 50, so there's nothing else to unlock, and I took that screen shot 5 minutes ago, so it's not something that's changed.

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww51/GidreaLightsky/speederpiloting_zps3aea8718.jpg