Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

kills yield more rewards than objectives

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
kills yield more rewards than objectives

DJPenguin
12.20.2011 , 09:39 PM | #1
too many games have i played where I'm literally the only one focusing on objectives yet i find myself with only a few medals and at the bottom of the scoreboard.

alderaan, defending left or right turret the entire game as the horde of teammates spawn camps in middle, letting enemy stealthers flip the turret they're supposed to be defending, rinse repeat for the whole match, and i end up with 0-600 objective score and a few medals on average while deathmatchers double what i get.

voidstar, running back between the two doors on defense knocking people off of them while deathmatchers fight away from the doors, same outcome as above.

huttball, not as bad as the other two, but being a pure ball carrier will sometimes yield only a few medals if the other team tends to ignore you. and again, people getting a lot kills yields rewards.

solution: yield objective score for doing things like knocking people off turrets, doors, and more for things like killing the ball carrier and scoring. in addition, implement more medals for objective scores and warzone specific feats ie. stop 5 turret captures in progress in alderaan
Philadelphia is a PvP server
Hoth Pocket - Tauntaun with Cheese
[SIZE="4"]

CommandoPower
12.21.2011 , 01:10 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DJPenguin View Post
too many games have i played where I'm literally the only one focusing on objectives yet i find myself with only a few medals and at the bottom of the scoreboard.

alderaan, defending left or right turret the entire game as the horde of teammates spawn camps in middle, letting enemy stealthers flip the turret they're supposed to be defending, rinse repeat for the whole match, and i end up with 0-600 objective score and a few medals on average while deathmatchers double what i get.

voidstar, running back between the two doors on defense knocking people off of them while deathmatchers fight away from the doors, same outcome as above.

huttball, not as bad as the other two, but being a pure ball carrier will sometimes yield only a few medals if the other team tends to ignore you. and again, people getting a lot kills yields rewards.

solution: yield objective score for doing things like knocking people off turrets, doors, and more for things like killing the ball carrier and scoring. in addition, implement more medals for objective scores and warzone specific feats ie. stop 5 turret captures in progress in alderaan
I agree objective play should be much better rewarded. On one game of Alderran my objective might be hot all game and I could get top score. However on the other hand I could sit there and prevent the enemy from ever taking my turret as they come at me 1-3 at a time here and there, delaying long enough for friendlies if it's too much, and I'll get roughly jack squat

I supposed I could middle zerg with everyone else and lose but make bank.
I have faith in Bioware and Mythic to deliver a good game. I have more faith in myself to decide in an unbiased fashion whether or not it is good. Neither has any impact on the fact that I will kill you.

Cebby
12.21.2011 , 01:16 AM | #3
but its pvp?!

Forbiddian
12.21.2011 , 01:23 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cebby View Post
but its pvp?!
its what wow players call pvp sad but true

Covlol
12.21.2011 , 01:29 AM | #5
completely agree, increase rewards for good pvp (winning the match) thru objective play
i love my dk, i'v been pwnin ppl since lvl 1 and i will never stop. *© of Covllol™*

MrTBolt
12.21.2011 , 01:33 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Covlol View Post
completely agree, increase rewards for good pvp (winning the match) thru objective play
must agree i got pissed me solo defending objectives while not getting any medals and stuff while they where on the top ^^
Member of Lux Arcana!

Reenolols
12.21.2011 , 01:38 AM | #7
How about kills reward more than they currently do. It's PvP. You guys honestly play PvP to mess with PvE objectives?
Reeno: Nub 70+ Operative | Reenow: 55+ Marauder
Reenopt: 53+ Powertech |Belgoth's Beacon|

Vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/Reeno23/videos

Makayla
12.21.2011 , 01:52 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Reenolols View Post
How about kills reward more than they currently do. It's PvP. You guys honestly play PvP to mess with PvE objectives?
No, just no. It would be acceptable if the devs would implement any minigame that actually consists of this mindless mass-killing some people seem to seek in the current minigames already.

I very much agree with the OP that fulfilling the objectives should be rewarded more. Nothing worse than completing every single objective in voidstar yourself ending with max 40k damage and 2 medals while the guy that never has been even close to the bomb spots but was pointlessly killing stuff gets 4+ MVP votes and high rewards for mostly playing selfishly.

More medals for objectives please!

Shlamorel
12.21.2011 , 02:19 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Makayla View Post
No, just no. It would be acceptable if the devs would implement any minigame that actually consists of this mindless mass-killing some people seem to seek in the current minigames already.

I very much agree with the OP that fulfilling the objectives should be rewarded more. Nothing worse than completing every single objective in voidstar yourself ending with max 40k damage and 2 medals while the guy that never has been even close to the bomb spots but was pointlessly killing stuff gets 4+ MVP votes and high rewards for mostly playing selfishly.

More medals for objectives please!
Agreed 100%.

Please implement this soon, Bioware, before it's too late. If people continue leveling and doing warzones without being primed to the mindset, we will just see another MMO with "kill-kill-kill" bots.

Gymnotiformes
12.21.2011 , 02:45 AM | #10
I totally agree about alderaan, kind of agree with huttball, but totally disagree with voidstar. I always concentrate on the objectives in voidstar, but i find the enemies are always next to the door anyway, so concentrating on the objectives lets me stay in the fight quite easily.