Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Suggestion] No-one likes ninja looting

Icestar
03.01.2013 , 07:46 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
did you even read my post?
Yes I did, you said that my suggestion is not a suitable solution.

I wrote back the way I think that situation you described should be handled.

Do you have any constructive suggestions how loot should be handled other then they way I write?

Or do you think anarchy lootrules is the best one for this community and game?

Never_Hesitate
03.01.2013 , 07:56 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
Yes I did, you said that my suggestion is not a suitable solution.

I wrote back the way I think that situation you described should be handled.
you just repeated what I already wrote in the first place. -.-

Do you have any constructive suggestions how loot should be handled other then they way I write?

Or do you think anarchy lootrules is the best one for this community and game?
I think it works very well, I only met two ninjalooter's so far and both were kicked after a warning.
The best suggestion I heared so far was to give every player a piece of loot, like a quest reward (at least for operations or other bossdrops)
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Brittaany_Banks
03.01.2013 , 08:24 AM | #23
I like this as a rough draft but unfortunately it fails on merit alone. Everyone does their part to kill said enemy therefore everyone deserves = loot chance on items need or greed.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

Tachenko_Yuri
03.01.2013 , 08:26 AM | #24
Funny how people don't realize that online games are just a cover for what's really going on.

Social experiments.

" How do people react when a necessity gets a drastic and dramatic price change? "

" How do people choose which item should go to who, depending of the use for each person for said item ? "

There are people studying this and reactions.

And my opinion on this? Kick ninja looter at first random Need or tell him so, see how he reacts ( if he gives it to a legit user or not ) and decide on that.

cidbahamut
03.01.2013 , 08:46 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
Ninjalooting can never be entirely removed since there are so many different opinions of what it is.

The community can not be held responsible by simply using what the game let them legally do. There will always be players that use what tools are given, and right now the lootsystem gives them option to take whatever they want regardless of actual need.

Name what problems that will come from improving/changing the loot mecanics?

If you simply remove the option to take all items in the entire game with a needroll and let those that can actually benefit from the item you help alot of players and removes alot of problems and frustration. The only ones that could possible be against a system where items are given priority to those that use them are the ninjalooters themselves.

But then again, prove me wrong by stating the new problems that will occur?

Players whine about not earning cash fast enough because they like to sell every boss item in the game?
Players whine about not able to gear up all their companions that they dont use anyway?

Let us know what new problems that might occur by using a common sense lootsystem in a constructive way
So you're proposing creating a problem wherein people cannot collect gear for their companions. Oh sure we could all stop what we're doing in the middle of the run and go about the hassle of trading items around, but it's a hell of a lot simpler for someone to go "you guys mind if I need on that?" "Go for it bro" and be done with it. Once the item is in someone's inventory they're a lot less likely to want to go through the hassle of getting it to the right person. People are lazy, but at least the current system allows for them to be accommodating in their laziness.

Also, how are you going to go about determining if someone can "actually benefit from it"? Oh sure, those boots might increase my Power a bunch, but at the cost of a good chunk of Shield, so is that an item I could benefit from? Do I just have to be able to equip it? If so I can just scoop up all the items that my class can equip and sell them all to the vendor, that's a benefit right? What if I want some adaptive armor for my companion that only comes from a certain boss? Should I just not be able to customize my companion that way?

You, like most people, haven't thought this through. There are consequences to changing the loot mechanics, and none of those consequences is the alteration of basic human behavior.

Icestar
03.01.2013 , 09:54 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tachenko_Yuri View Post
Funny how people don't realize that online games are just a cover for what's really going on.

Social experiments.

" How do people react when a necessity gets a drastic and dramatic price change? "

" How do people choose which item should go to who, depending of the use for each person for said item ? "

There are people studying this and reactions.

And my opinion on this? Kick ninja looter at first random Need or tell him so, see how he reacts ( if he gives it to a legit user or not ) and decide on that.
Now this is interesting. I have studied sociology myself and consider a ingame community a mirror of a real society. That is why I always refer to this current lootsystem as "anarchy", since everyone can need on whatever they please. It is like a society where there are no authorities to stop you from taking something.

This is ofcourse another story that would be best discussed over a beer at a local pub over a evening but in short I agree that what you say is true. You can easily apply the ingame sociological phenomenons to real life, if people has nothing to stop them from taking stuff they actually do it.

Icestar
03.01.2013 , 09:59 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
You, like most people, haven't thought this through. There are consequences to changing the loot mechanics, and none of those consequences is the alteration of basic human behavior.
Ofcourse I have thought this through. I use the forums like it should be used to create constructive discussions and to hopefully inspire Bioware to either comment regarding this or even change into reality ingame.

I have seen a few things change from discussions on this board into reality. The equal PvP discussion is a very good example. We had very heated discussions regarding this last summer and it actually made it through.

Regarding this matter though Bioware remains silent through all the threads and posts.

But fear not, this subject will be lifted by someone else soon, like history repeats itself

Tachenko_Yuri
03.01.2013 , 09:59 AM | #28
And those are minor cases.

Think of what would happen if someone starts a " Bug-epidemic " on the server.

http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...655109,00.html

This is a true WOW story.

Stressfire
03.01.2013 , 10:10 AM | #29
How hard is it to type "Anyone mind if I take that/those for (insert comp name here)"?

I do it all the time, especially if there is no one in group that needs or can use it. No one ever cares. It's not hard.

There's no reason or excuse for ninja-ing anything. It's kind of on the community to police ourselves in this respect

slafko
03.01.2013 , 10:10 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
The best suggestion I heared so far was to give every player a piece of loot, like a quest reward (at least for operations or other bossdrops)
Ops bosses should really drop more loot. Or, even better, spawn a chest after each boss kill. That chest would be player-specific and everyone would be rewarded some random items including credits, crafting materials and a piece of gear. Ofcourse, the gear would not be BoP so that it may be traded or sold.

No, wait - that would totally ruin the gear grind in which a boss drops a single item eight people roll need on.