Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Team, Assemble!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chuixupu
02.28.2013 , 01:41 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Here is a bit more clarification on the differences between Rise of the Hutt Cartel and 2.0 put as simply as I can!

What subscribers will get without purchasing Rise of the Hutt Cartel:
  • Class changes and balancing levels 1-50
  • Any itemization/world changes which affect levels 1-50
  • Legacy Achievements

What subscribers will get if they do purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel:
  • New Operation: Scum and Villainy
  • Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond
  • Upgraded level 55 Hard Mode Flashpoints
  • Level cap increase to 55
  • All new Makeb storyline
The new Operation and Hard Mode Flashpoints in Game Update 2.0 are Level 55 Elder Game Content. The level cap increase to 55 is included with the purchase of the Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel. Free-to-Play restrictions apply. Visit the Free-to-Play Features Chart for more information.

-eric

Cool, thanks Eric, that should put an end to all the "You get everything on the PTS with 2.0 for free" arguments, or "you have to level to 55 to get Makeb".

Also, that is the first I've heard of NiM TFB. I see no mention of any *new* flashpoints, though....I was hoping there would be at least one while leveing in Makeb. We never did get that "Titans of Industry" FP that was leaked a long time ago.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Akus
02.28.2013 , 02:01 PM | #92
Like post above.

The fact that Tony (french) and german CM have been fired, what does that mean ?

1- Does that mean that Bioware dont give a d**** about EU players... ?
2- Does that mean we are unworthy of being listened ?
3- Does that mean that investment in this game is reduced and by that, that SWTOR is going to die ?

1, 2, 3 ? All ?

Winguardian
02.28.2013 , 02:02 PM | #93

Here is a bit more clarification on the differences between Rise of the Hutt Cartel and 2.0 put as simply as I can!

• Legacy Achievements

The new Operation and Hard Mode Flashpoints in Game Update 2.0 are Level 55 Elder Game Content. The level cap increase to 55 is included with the purchase of the Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel. Free-to-Play restrictions apply. Visit the Free-to-Play Features Chart for more information.

-eric
Aren't you effictively dividing up the community this way? Having seperate warzones for people who purchased RoTHC, will effect queue times.

I have two main concerns that link into this problem:
1) When will we see cross server q's in action. A feature which we have asked for for so long yet remains unmentioned by the community/dev team. We want clarification on what we can expect for pvp.

2) What is coming with season 1? Which, by the way, is long overdue. Do you even care about your competitive scene? If so show it in your actions.

Akus
02.28.2013 , 02:07 PM | #94
Eric can you please reply to the post concerning community (french and german) instaed rise of the cartels ?? It'll less despisng for us EU players...

chuixupu
02.28.2013 , 02:11 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Winguardian View Post
Aren't you effictively dividing up the community this way? Having seperate warzones for people who purchased RoTHC, will effect queue times.
Other MMOs that require an expansion purchase have this issue as well, including WoW. If you didn't buy MoP, you don't have access to the level 84-90 pvp bracket. I think obviously, they are counting on MOST people who play SWTOR to want to have access to Makeb and get to 55, and I'm sure most will.

Something about cross server queues in pve content has always bugged me a little, especially large raid groups. But I hope at least cross-server PVP warzones will become a reality.

Quote: Originally Posted by Akus View Post
Eric can you please reply to the post concerning community (french and german) instaed rise of the cartels ?? It'll less despisng for us EU players...
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...30#post5930730
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Winguardian
02.28.2013 , 02:53 PM | #96
Like post above.

The fact that Tony (french) and german CM have been fired, what does that mean ?

1- Does that mean that Bioware dont give a d**** about EU players... ?
2- Does that mean we are unworthy of being listened ?
3- Does that mean that investment in this game is reduced and by that, that SWTOR is going to die ?

1, 2, 3 ? All ?
I'm sorry but I'm from EU and I don't complain about how the main communication language to the community being English. Be glad there's localization for the Germans and French, that doesn't mean you're entittled to a seperate CM team that caters to your needs. Every community member is equal and many people in the community don't have English as their native language, yet it is used throughout the internet (&world) and many have beeen able to cope with it just fine. Demanding your "own" CM team (just on the basis that they have to speak/understand German/French) is a tad bit selfish.

Should I be complaining because there's no1 on the dev team/CM team that talks to me in dutch? No.

I feel like these past few days the community team has been doing a great job being more transparant towards their community, even though their team got reduced. I hope this trend continues and BW engages their community more through the use of their forums.

They already said they won't be ignoring your posts in your localized forums so shouldn't that be enough for you?

Akus
02.28.2013 , 04:10 PM | #97
sorry but you sounds like an alt of some Bioware employee trying to balance...Sorry but I dont buy it.

Well, even if you really think what you are writting, your answer is incorrect. IT iS not about language, to be honest...

The fact that there is no dutch, italian, spanish lituanian, croatian, CM is sad I AGREE. but the fact is : that they WERE french and german CM from the start...The fact they have been fired (especailly three weeks after we met them at the cantina TOUR) is not a good message that Bioware is sending to the customers and second is clearly saying that "we dont bother about you anymore guys !" We dont care about your community, we dont care about you as customers.

So why is that so ? Because the game is dying, and EA we dont want to invest anymore...So we cut thru the budget, simple as this...

I really doubt that an english CM will pretty understand the posts in French. Sorry, unless they prove otherwise our forum is dead...So is the game if i uinderstand behind the lines what really say the termination of the EU CM's.

EricMusco
02.28.2013 , 04:39 PM | #98 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey Akus,

I posted a couple of times in a thread regarding the German and French communities but I think the specific post you are looking for is this post.

I hope that helps!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Shoogli
02.28.2013 , 06:50 PM | #99

• Legacy Achievements

-eric
I see you're being specific about subscribers in your post.

What about the preferred status players, since they too can buy the expansion without having to subscribe ?

What about the subscribers who buy the expansion and then go to preferred status ?
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

MyPetMonkey
02.28.2013 , 06:55 PM | #100
Well here's a real test for the BW CM team. Can we get some actual feedback on this thread?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=534412

What is BW/EA thinking of doing?What are your options? We are tired of our own guesstimating.... Some actual feedback would be good.

No more "we have definitely not forgot about the APAC server concerns that all of you have. We are still very actively looking at all possible solutions and I will make sure that you are updated as soon as I have more information!" posts either.

We've had 5 of them already. 6 months too long guys.

Enjoy the challenge of issuing some actual info.