Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EC HM Firebrand/Stormcaller question . . .

Olostur
02.26.2013 , 04:13 AM | #11
There really is no reason to fear having a healer on the ground, seeing how little damage Firebrand does. We have a scoundrel healer do it and even on nightmare mode he is so bored (or A.D.D) that he tries to trace shapes on the ground with the patches.
~ Darth Decimal ~

Pubsam
02.26.2013 , 05:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by anstalt View Post
We have always run the tanks with a ranged DPS on the group.

We usually have 1 melee on firebrand (shadow if im dpsing, but usually the weaker sentinel) and 1 ranged dps on firebrand doing the kiting (usually our balance sage), then we have the other two dps on stormcaller. We make sure the stormcaller dps'ers are the best ones as they need to hit the transitions first to avoid having a lightning spike land on the tank.

I've analysed all of our HM kills for the guild and these are our rough guides for our DPS'ers:

1) Kiter averages 920dps

2) Other 3 dps average 1250dps or so
Healer on the ground is obviously the optimal strat when it comes to getting the most out of everybody. When you don't have to worry about the enrage timers (which the OP does, they need a ground healer), sure a DPS on the ground is viable. But I still have to ask... why? What benefit does a DPS on the ground provide for your group? Or does your healer just irrationally hate the ground (or your DPS irrationally love it)?
Time for a nap.

JimmyTheCannon
02.27.2013 , 12:48 AM | #13
Aside from all that, you want to DPS them down as evenly as possible. If one is at 7% and the other is almost dead - switch your DPS to the one at 7% to catch it up. Kill one with the other that high and it'll be more difficult.

grallmate
02.28.2013 , 06:16 PM | #14
Normally I tank this and our Commando DPS kites on the ground but I've healed SC side from the ground, its really not that hard to heal from there as long as you pay attention to whats going on. That said, healing FB is like childs play by comparison. The biggest issue I had on the fight was the damn tank running out of LOS and range while kiting because he was afraid of stopping.

Ultimately though, as others have said, if you're having DPS issues, have a healer kite and take down FB first. The soft (and stacked soft/hard) enrage on Stormcaller is really easy to deal with since its applies a DoT. Have one tank taunt then AoE taunt when it wears off, then have the other tank do the same. You'll get about 25s out of this but lose both tanks. After that he'll just go down the DPS applying the DoT but he should be dead by then. FB on the other hand just does raid wide AoE and if you hide in the shield you do next to no damage to him.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]