Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Barrier is gonna be awesome.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Force Barrier is gonna be awesome.

revcrisis
02.21.2013 , 04:03 PM | #31
Can this channel be interrupted? If so, melee can just interrupt it after 1 second.

AdrianDmitruk
02.21.2013 , 04:09 PM | #32
I will definitely have to test my hybrid spec against full heals as well. Like I said, I was expecting the bubblestun nerf, but the loss of root overload came as a surprise. Given that the root overload accounts for at least a third of the "keep melee off me!" ability that I now have, use, and abuse, I am definitely going to be searching for new and exciting ways to kite.

Keep in mind that a doorstunned healer heals his team for 0.

Yes we are getting our own toys, both high up in the healing tree and Barrier/uninterruptable cooldown. We'll actually have some limited ability to facetank when we're trapped with sprint on cooldown now. The question is, can it offset losing an AOE root every 20 seconds? Given how much I rely upon that root, I'm not sure that it can. Best to be prepared for any eventuality, imo.

Although if CL only slows, and that "immobilized for 0" reflects the absence of a root, the balance of trade would likely skew towards full corruption. A slow won't stop a leap; a root will, and that's how I presently keep the smashers and pyros away. Oh, PTS cannot possibly download quickly enough!
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

Nothematic
02.21.2013 , 04:26 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by revcrisis View Post
Can this channel be interrupted? If so, melee can just interrupt it after 1 second.
No, it can't be interrupted :P I too thought that BW had screwed us over until I found that out :P
Coastas - 55 Marauder | Enaico - 55 Sorcerer | Enairo - 55 Operative | Zabric - 32 Mercenary
[TOMB OF FREEDOM NADD]

AdrianDmitruk
02.22.2013 , 02:12 AM | #34
Laforette, the root on chain lightning spec is only 0.5 seconds with a full two points, which isn't going to be long enough to LOS a leaper. So indeed, it looks like we're stuck with pure healing build that has no root to give us kiting space.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer

Laforet
02.22.2013 , 07:36 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by AdrianDmitruk View Post
Laforette, the root on chain lightning spec is only 0.5 seconds with a full two points, which isn't going to be long enough to LOS a leaper. So indeed, it looks like we're stuck with pure healing build that has no root to give us kiting space.
Talented CL has 1 sec root and 50% slow on the PTS right now for 2 skill points.

Its nice, i wont complain, but with marauders boasting 2 roots on carnage tree, 30 meter super slow macho man throw and operatives doing double ninja rolls, i think we got nerfed on that department, yes.

There is still much testing to do but i fear for our control hybrid.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Some people once said i was arrogant. The state of sorc healing throught RotHC taught me humility. Bioware made me a better person.

AdrianDmitruk
02.22.2013 , 12:10 PM | #36
It had 0.5 second root with 2 points invested when my download stun finally finished. For 18 points in lightning.

12 second slow would be useful against anything that can't leap to you, but there are so many leaps...

Well one thing's for sure. Though warzones are buggy as hell, I did a little bit of testing of corruption via duels. This is what happened.

I don't WANT to be forced to DPS. It looks like it's back to operative healing for me (and operatives got some crazy buffs).

Fireswraith
02.22.2013 , 08:09 PM | #37
The cooldown for Force Barrier is 3 minutes, it's stupidly long.

Aurojiin
02.28.2013 , 04:51 PM | #38
As far as PVP is concerned, anyone who played Halo Reach should be having strong sensations of dejavu right now.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin