Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it possible that the recent patch actually *fixed* the memory leak?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is it possible that the recent patch actually *fixed* the memory leak?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
02.28.2013 , 03:00 PM | #11 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and confirm that we definitely made some improvements to these issues in our latest update. However, we aren't where we need to be yet and we are still working to make even more improvements.

Glad to see these issues have been resolved though for some of you folks.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

old_benn
02.28.2013 , 03:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and confirm that we definitely made some improvements to these issues in our latest update. However, we aren't where we need to be yet and we are still working to make even more improvements.

-eric
Thanks for the reply (and thank you for the noticeably increased BW presence all around)! I'm glad to hear that it's possible that my improved experience might not be just a one-time thing.

And I'm glad that more work will continue to happen towards this issue. Because while I did not CTD, I did experience a rather significant frame rate drop over time. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have decreased frame rate than experience a CTD. But I do hope that such improvements are still on their way.

Thank you, and nice job BW!
Jal-en 55 Guardian Kal-en 55 Gunslinger
Payd'n 55 Operative Boe'ba'fet 55 Powertech
Cr'sh'r 55 Marauder Kym'br'li 55 Sage
Aay'den 55 Commando Dom'n'ninz 55 Sorceror

Burtlebe
02.28.2013 , 03:11 PM | #13
Since i Upgraded to windows 8 recently I have had no memory issues, i still get the random "where did the game go" moments but all in all windows 8's extreme control over system resources helped alot. So hoping with the additional changes they made it will be even more stable now.
Burtimus'prime Vanguard Tank
Guild Leader Army of the Republic / The Army of Darkness / The Unmentionables
The Shadowlands Server

Kubernetic
02.28.2013 , 04:39 PM | #14
Hey everyone!

-eric
Awesome, though.... your continued work on the back-end structure and platform is greatly appreciated.
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

Uber_the_Goober
02.28.2013 , 04:48 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Burtlebe View Post
Since i Upgraded to windows 8 recently I have had no memory issues, i still get the random "where did the game go" moments but all in all windows 8's extreme control over system resources helped alot. So hoping with the additional changes they made it will be even more stable now.
What is this "extreme control over system resources" of which you speak?

I was under the impression that Win8 was a mega hog of resources with all the useless features that are tablet/phone friendly but not PC friendly...

Educate me.

SlimsPicken
02.28.2013 , 05:49 PM | #16
Hey everyone!

-eric
I can confirm as a long time sufferer of the latency drops that this issue has vastly improved for my gameplay.

My thanks to the techs who rolled up their sleeves and tackled this issue.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

Roalmo
02.28.2013 , 07:32 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
What is this "extreme control over system resources" of which you speak?

I was under the impression that Win8 was a mega hog of resources with all the useless features that are tablet/phone friendly but not PC friendly...

Educate me.
1. "extreme control" is in Win8. Do some research, suggest MaximumPC mag for a good start.

2. "mega hog" it is not.

3. "useless features" are restricted to the new "Start" page, which you can turn off with one of many programs out there, I use ClassicShell and never see the "Start" page unless I want.

Klarick
02.28.2013 , 07:36 PM | #18
Hey everyone!

-eric
Wait Im confused. You guys have been telling people for months that the issue is on our end and advising us to contact our ISP. Are you now saying that the issue is on your end, and that you have improved it, yet are still working the issue?
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

ZionHalcyon
02.28.2013 , 09:35 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
My statements are intended to indicate that the CTDs being experienced by that poster are likely a different problem than the ones experienced by the other posters(which is exactly how I used the word independent in my post). A common problem on these forums is that similar symptoms are often lobbed together, making it more difficult to discern a root cause.
Actually your statements in multiple threads indicate that you like acting like a know it all and love to lord it over others, but I digress.

OwenBrooks
02.28.2013 , 11:40 PM | #20
I think the crashes being refered to here are likely the ones affecting 32 bit OS, if this is the case this will be good news for alot of people affected by this.