Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

SYNTHWEAVING - nodes + what = mats??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
SYNTHWEAVING - nodes + what = mats??

WIZBASKY's Avatar


WIZBASKY
02.27.2013 , 03:39 AM | #1
BIOCHEM = Nodes + bodies of animals for materials

ARMORMECH = Nodes + Robots for materials

SYNTHWEAVEING = Nodes only? (Archeology nodes)

yes i know you can send crew men out on missions to get mats, but you can do that for any craft, doesnt synthweaving get a secondary material type other than nodes.

DataBeaver's Avatar


DataBeaver
02.27.2013 , 03:45 AM | #2
Yes, nodes only. There are no enemies you can get archaeology materials from.

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
02.28.2013 , 06:27 AM | #3
Yes, and those nodes for Archeology should get a buff to compensate the difference with between Scavenging and Bionalisys.
Researching schematics with Synthweaving and Artifice is harder because of this.

DataBeaver's Avatar


DataBeaver
02.28.2013 , 07:25 AM | #4
Not to mention that archaeology nodes are overall more rare than scavenging nodes. There are node-rich areas for most types of scavenging materials, including endgame ones, but for archaeology such areas are rare.

DarthSeraph's Avatar


DarthSeraph
02.28.2013 , 07:55 AM | #5
The best place for archaeology is Belsavis Tomb area (Where the world boss is).
Destruˇ | Castellˇ | Spaa'ra
Marauder | Sentinel | Gunslinger

Rebel Dream

psandak's Avatar


psandak
02.28.2013 , 09:05 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DataBeaver View Post
Not to mention that archaeology nodes are overall more rare than scavenging nodes. There are node-rich areas for most types of scavenging materials, including endgame ones, but for archaeology such areas are rare.
I disagree. I have an synthweaver/arch/UT and a armormech/slicer/scavenger and in my experience, arch has more nodes than scav. There were times, at all levels, when I would spend a good chunk of my time gathering arch nodes because several had spawned in close proximity and by the time I had gathered all of them, the first one respawned. Granted they were not always what I needed (synth has no use for color crystals), but the nodes existed. I cannot say the same thing for when I leveled my scavenger. But droids balanced it out.

And I think that is what skews the perception a little bit - that ~1/3 of the nodes out there for arch are not intended for synthweaving.

Frog_brains's Avatar


Frog_brains
02.28.2013 , 09:16 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
I disagree. I have an synthweaver/arch/UT and a armormech/slicer/scavenger and in my experience, arch has more nodes than scav. There were times, at all levels, when I would spend a good chunk of my time gathering arch nodes because several had spawned in close proximity and by the time I had gathered all of them, the first one respawned. Granted they were not always what I needed (synth has no use for color crystals), but the nodes existed. I cannot say the same thing for when I leveled my scavenger. But droids balanced it out.

And I think that is what skews the perception a little bit - that ~1/3 of the nodes out there for arch are not intended for synthweaving.
yes but you can sell the colour crystals on gtn to an artificer or send them to an alt, and you only need the mats from UT when your making blue quality items or higher. for the greens its' strictly the archaeology mats and some stuff from the crew skills crafter, or you can get them from sending your crew on archaeology mission

DataBeaver's Avatar


DataBeaver
02.28.2013 , 09:52 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
I disagree. I have an synthweaver/arch/UT and a armormech/slicer/scavenger and in my experience, arch has more nodes than scav.
Hunh. I wonder if I just have the good archaeology regions then. I know some good scav spots on almost all planets, but for arch I've been unable to find anything approaching the same density after Taris (Republic, so it's the first planet after capital). Maybe I should make a comprehensive map of all the nodes I can find and compare the types.

psandak's Avatar


psandak
02.28.2013 , 12:17 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Frog_brains View Post
yes but you can sell the colour crystals on gtn to an artificer or send them to an alt, and you only need the mats from UT when your making blue quality items or higher. for the greens its' strictly the archaeology mats and some stuff from the crew skills crafter, or you can get them from sending your crew on archaeology mission
I think you missed my point. the OP is talking about how (with regard to synthweaving) archeology only has nodes to gather from when other gathering skills can gather off mobs and nodes, and that there are fewer nodes available for archeology, so it's a double whammy (no mobs to gather from and fewer nodes). My point is that his perception is probably being influenced by the fact that for synthweaving only two-thirds of the archeology nodes are useful. If the OP is completely ignoring color crystal nodes then it would appear as though there are less nodes to be gathered.

Frog_brains's Avatar


Frog_brains
02.28.2013 , 01:54 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
I think you missed my point. the OP is talking about how (with regard to synthweaving) archeology only has nodes to gather from when other gathering skills can gather off mobs and nodes, and that there are fewer nodes available for archeology, so it's a double whammy (no mobs to gather from and fewer nodes). My point is that his perception is probably being influenced by the fact that for synthweaving only two-thirds of the archeology nodes are useful. If the OP is completely ignoring color crystal nodes then it would appear as though there are less nodes to be gathered.
i'll grant you that some of the nodes that are available as arch aren't imediatley useful to synthweavers. although iv'e more often than not found that when i gather a colour crystal node i'll also get an artifact fragment as well even though when you hover over it it comes up as a red lucent crystal or whatever.

Back to the point though i find its' hit and miss with the nodes. some of my fave farming places are:

low lvl jedi temple on coruscant
mid low sunken medical district on taris

mid lvl alderaan the juran mountain pass is pretty good and so is the area by the river where the world boss is.

mid high lvl (also high lvl) is belsavis looking for grade 4 or grade 5 crystals, and then one your doing dailies as was said before in the rakkattan tombs.

high lvl ilum is actually pretty good for crystals, as is section x.

it would be nice if we had some npc's that we could scavenge but it's not critical i don't think.

For example if like explorer or scientist type npcs you good loot crystals or fragments from for arch,

and smugglers would drop slicing boxes.

diplomats, or like officer type npc's would drop diplomacy missions etc