Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

adaptive armour EXPLAIN!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
adaptive armour EXPLAIN!!!

BenCalintz
02.27.2013 , 02:44 PM | #11
so basicly adaptive armor is jz a outift that any class can wear n that has no stats... the stats of the armor jz depend on what mods u pt into it rite?

Tatile
02.27.2013 , 02:56 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by BenCalintz View Post
so basicly adaptive armor is jz a outift that any class can wear n that has no stats... the stats of the armor jz depend on what mods u pt into it rite?
Yes. That is exactly right.

scarlet_magpie
02.28.2013 , 09:58 AM | #13
I have lots of pieces of adaptive that I have left in my bank as the stats on blues and greens are better for my class. If i just re-mod it , will that bring it back up to speed??
I have the spymaster helm/chest and gloves and want them for my agent as they look amazing!

Tatile
02.28.2013 , 10:00 AM | #14
Adaptive armour is the exact same as orange armour - you need to put appropriate level mods in the armour for it to be appropriate for your level.

Frog_brains
02.28.2013 , 10:15 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by scarlet_magpie View Post
I have lots of pieces of adaptive that I have left in my bank as the stats on blues and greens are better for my class. If i just re-mod it , will that bring it back up to speed??
I have the spymaster helm/chest and gloves and want them for my agent as they look amazing!
yes that's exactly how it works as long as you pick up enough commendations on your planets or have credits lying around to by armour, mods, enhancements, and potentially augments (if you added them to your gear) you could have you character with the same look all the way through the game from lvl 10 up.

just remember on the higher lvl gear, tionese, columi, rakkatta, etc the armour mod is tied to the slot, so you could pull the armour out of tionese stalkers helm and place it in a different head piece but you'll not be able to put it into a belt. so at the very highest lvls you may want to go with the unmoddable pieces for your bracers and belts

scarlet_magpie
02.28.2013 , 10:17 AM | #16
Thanks!!!!!!!!

scarlet_magpie
02.28.2013 , 11:23 AM | #17
This is VERY good news, as this character ( my BH) is a Cybertech and can make mods and armours at rank 8 now, so with a bit more work, I should be able to fire these things out AND make them for my other toons!

One question further though: Do the stats provided by the mods show in the tooltip when comparing vs new drops?

Thankyou for all the help guys (and thanks to the original poster for making this thread! )

FizzwickNuffaa
02.28.2013 , 11:50 AM | #18
If you're wearing moddable armor and pick up another bit of armor that could replace it, then it will show you a comparison tooltip between the two so you can see how much better/worse the dropped armor is. If the drop is a mod that could go into your armor, then no it won't show you a comparison. You'll have to do that checking manually to see whether it would be an upgrade to any of your moddable gear.

Gidrea
02.28.2013 , 11:54 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by scarlet_magpie View Post
This is VERY good news, as this character ( my BH) is a Cybertech and can make mods and armours at rank 8 now, so with a bit more work, I should be able to fire these things out AND make them for my other toons!

One question further though: Do the stats provided by the mods show in the tooltip when comparing vs new drops?

Thankyou for all the help guys (and thanks to the original poster for making this thread! )
Yes, the stats show, as total stats for the piece. If you want to compare a new mod to the current mod, you'll have to open your character sheet and look at the item.
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Randava - The Harbinger

Shock and Jawa / Population Comtrol - The family you chose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

Tatile
02.28.2013 , 12:01 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Gidrea View Post
Yes, the stats show, as total stats for the piece. If you want to compare a new mod to the current mod, you'll have to open your character sheet and look at the item.
Or check 'detailed tooltips' under the Preferences menu so that you can see the exact breakdown of your worn armour pieces and other armour pieces.