Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Suggestion] No-one likes ninja looting

TotalKitty
02.27.2013 , 03:48 PM | #1
Ninja looting has become a rather big issues full of excuses. Mainly "for my companion", which is complete out of the question.

So here,s a suggestion: The loot that drop, make it non-needable for characters whom the stats wouldn't benefit. As an example, a piece of gear with Cunning on it drops, people who wont benefit from Cunning will only be able to greed on it.
That way, it'll solve the ninja looting issue.

Knobbyknees
02.27.2013 , 07:47 PM | #2
I think that's a very good idea.

Brimmer
02.27.2013 , 11:21 PM | #3
This has been requested many times since the game was released. They don't seem to enjoy logic.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Quazi-moto
02.27.2013 , 11:33 PM | #4
LOTRO implemented a new system that has drops for each person that contributes to a kill. I don't see why it is so improbable that everyone spending time/effort going through an op/fp should have to roll for the 1 -3 items that drop. Comms are just a slow way of getting the specific piece you want. If everyone were to receive a drop, there would be less time grinding to gear, and more time to do ... oh wait that is all there is for endgame. What would be nice is to have other things to do besides gear grind.

Less focus on gear, more focus on entertainment.

dustymongo
02.27.2013 , 11:52 PM | #5
I have to agree, mainly on lower lever fps and everything (mainly because of new players who don't understand the need/greed/pass system quite so much) and I always find that really annoying when I roll an alt. What I am liking is the new system being implemented in 2.0 (and is in the more elder game already somewhat) where all the bosses just drop comms that you can buy any gear with so everyone gets fair loot, now of course there are some un-assembled pieces hidden here and there, but any class can use them to avoid ninja's....
so in a sense, Bioware has been doing a little bit on this subject, but I'm sure they have much more important matters to attend to atm (rise of the hutt cartel, bug fixes, etc.) now all they need is something for enforcement on lower level fps....... maybe it'll get thrown in there with rise of the hutt cartel.
I'm Jawalicious!

Icestar
02.28.2013 , 03:02 AM | #6
I actually thought it would be in the 2.0 patchnotes. The community has requested a change in lootdistribution for a long time now.

We are still greeted with silence

haliy
02.28.2013 , 05:32 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Quazi-moto View Post
LOTRO implemented a new system that has drops for each person that contributes to a kill. I don't see why it is so improbable that everyone spending time/effort going through an op/fp should have to roll for the 1 -3 items that drop. Comms are just a slow way of getting the specific piece you want. If everyone were to receive a drop, there would be less time grinding to gear, and more time to do ... oh wait that is all there is for endgame.
Apparently we don't play the same game because in the current state, it is already pretty fast as it is to get geared. If they actually did implement what you suggested, then you would see a whole new slew of player complaints asking for even more content because they have nothing else to do. With the way it currently is, you do have to do multiple runs which takes time to gear your player out which is a good thing. There is no reason to get fully geared within 1 month of the release of a new raid.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

Frog_brains
02.28.2013 , 09:38 AM | #8
very simple just change all your loot rolls to master looter. if people complain it takes too long they are probably the ninja. this way you or whoever is in charge of the fp or ops can make sure it only goes to who needs it

mikebevo
02.28.2013 , 10:12 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Frog_brains View Post
very simple just change all your loot rolls to master looter. if people complain it takes too long they are probably the ninja. this way you or whoever is in charge of the fp or ops can make sure it only goes to who needs it
Unless the ninja is the raid leader.

Simple there is already a system in place, kick and ignore ninjas.

ZeroOneNine
02.28.2013 , 10:47 AM | #10
They should add a "companion" button next to need and greed. That would eliminate 99% of the excuses ninjas give.