Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cannot Register New Account

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Cannot Register New Account
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sarynthra
02.28.2013 , 02:03 AM | #1
I am trying to have my girlfriend sign up for an account so she can download the game, but after we enter the registration information and click the "play now" button it just reloads the page and nothing happens.

It seems there are a couple different addresses on the swtor site to sign up, one being user/register and another being /play-free, we have tried both multiple times.

We have tried Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer and all of them just reload the page without anything happening.

Beruthien
02.28.2013 , 02:24 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Sarynthra,

We are aware of the currently on going issues with purchasing and account registration and these issues are under investigation.

We will let you know as soon as we have any further updates! We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Sarynthra
02.28.2013 , 02:36 AM | #3
So some people looking to sign up for an account cannot do so? I just signed up 2 days ago no problem, yet my girlfriend can't? We both use the same IP adress, browsers etc.? How does this happen?

Beruthien
02.28.2013 , 02:40 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Sarynthra,

This issue is not caused by something on your end and we hope to have the registration option restored (alongside with other billing related features) shortly.

Our sincerest apologizes for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Zans
02.28.2013 , 03:43 AM | #5
Hello Beruthien,

i suggest to you guys to look also in the "Refer a friend" page as when I try to submit the compiled form i recieve the message "There has been a disturbance in the Force" and nothing else happens.
█ị≡ị‼ị█████ị█{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

TUSHR
02.28.2013 , 05:13 AM | #6
I'm having the same exact problem.

So I'm inviting my friend to play. But I cannot use the refer a friend as it says "There has been a disturbance in the force". If I manually try to create a new account, nothing happens, no error messages and no confirmation email. Please help! I can log in to my own account fine.