Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bad fps since latest patch

SirMannii
02.27.2013 , 04:10 PM | #1
In both open world, republic fleet and in Warzones the FPS is really bad. I can play but the game is stuttering a little and enough to not being able to kill people at some times and to escape a fight at some. This is the first time I'm actually confused why and I have been playing since a week before the original release in december 2011.

It all happened after the latest patch today. Can it be something with the server? I'm playing on Tomb of Freedon Nadd and people I play with agree with this, but hoping that you'll fix it in another patch.

Do you know anything about this?

Missandei
02.27.2013 , 04:13 PM | #2
signed.

Same here.
Was 80 FPS before the patch.. and now at the fleet - ~25 when there is lot of players around...
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Techronomicon
02.27.2013 , 04:27 PM | #3
/signed

Missandei
02.27.2013 , 04:36 PM | #4
...setting the different Screen Resolution and back.. and checking the settings High-Low-High is seem improved situation..
Not sure is it returned to the pre-patch state.. Under impression that before the patch game was run smoother..

(240 people on the fleet... feels laggy.. )
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Missandei
02.28.2013 , 01:46 AM | #5
Ok.. something definitely weird..
I go to Voss and while in-game FPS counter dont go below 60, i have micro-stuttering all the way around when i move.. The game is running choppy.. I have the latest drivers for all components.. so it is patch messed with the game again..

How i hate all these patches.. Never had a single patch that have not broken something affecting gameplay..

Think this is time to consider to step aside from this fail product.. sigh..

OwenBrooks
02.28.2013 , 02:32 AM | #6
If using an Nvidia card try the below it may help, as this sounds like a CPU bottleneck, the below will take pressure off the CPU, If changing gfx settings has no effect and fps isn't dropping this is because it isn't GPU bound.
NVControl Panel go to "manage 3D settings" > "Program Settings" > "Add" (find the swtor.exe from the installed directory)
> "Maximum pre-rendered frames = 1"
> "Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration = Single display performance"
> "Power management mode = Prefer maximum performance"
> "Triple buffering = ON". If you do not use Vsynch turn this to OFF (unless you play windowed)

Maximum pre-rendered frames controls the number of frames the CPU prepares in advanced of being rendered by the GPU. Also if you do play windowed, setting launcher.exe and swtor.exe with desktop composition disabled should also help. ( if you do this triple buffer can be left off ) as on, this forces vsynch even if off in game in windowed mode, desktop composition also forces rendering to be done differently and not directly by the GPU.

jediturbodude
02.28.2013 , 02:43 AM | #7
Good luck OP, some of us have had this issue for a year with no answers

AIMninja
02.28.2013 , 04:58 AM | #8
I had same issue, you probably downloaded patch while game was still updating like me. I repaired and it fixed the issue. I was getting between 20-30 fps before repair then after repair I went back up to 115-130 fps.

SirMannii
02.28.2013 , 06:22 AM | #9
I'll try and repair, because it's correct that I downloaded the patch before the servers were up again.

I'll update the thread and tell you how it is right after I've done it and test it out a little.

Rockstah
02.28.2013 , 09:45 AM | #10
Having these issues since patch aswell, repair launcher and the above nvidia settings did not help for me, nor does it help if I turn everything off and put everything on low.

I've always experienced stuttering in warzones though (which I don't think I should on my comp), but it's definitely increased since the patch.
Monster
<Bruce Lee>