Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top 5 PvP Guilds on Shadowlands

Dedrayge
02.24.2013 , 04:32 PM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by jibboo View Post
Balls have nothing to do with it. No matter how skilled a player you are, if you go against someone else of similar skill-level you WILL lose if you're playing an inferior class/spec. Why would anyone want to put themselves or their team at such a disadvantage? Just so you can be like "Yeah, you beat me, but you're playing a more viable PVP spec/class so you have no balls!"? That's just asinine.
This is true...

I personally prefer advanced prototype over pyro but for PVP it's just more practical to use pyro. It's really not the player's fault, it's up to BW to balance out the classes and find a means to make each spec viable in PVP which isnt' easy.

Also, with the way resolve works now, I frequently feel like the only reason my jugg is useful in a WZ is due to that one op rage smash I get to do before I'm chained stunned to death. If I'm lucky, I get a second one off.
No plans for PvP...So, I have no plans to invest anymore money into this game.

Waiting for Wildstar

Jherad
02.24.2013 , 05:14 PM | #252
Yeah I play a gunnery commando, and I *really* can't fault teams for wanting to run with an assault vanguard or smasher instead, no matter how well I try and play. The objective is to win, not carry some underpowered class.

Now here's hoping things are shaken up at least a little bit in 2.0. Electro net looks fun for focusing called targets.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso, Aargh - Merc
The Twinkletoes Legacy
Zachariah's Merc/Mando PvP Guides
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

bigheadbrandon
02.24.2013 , 05:34 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by PAMuttoni View Post
I don't do ranked but ... I always see the same type of premades (classes and specs).
In my opinion, to be good in pvp, you have to win using not common specs.
How many premades have Healing Mercs/Commandos, Juyo Sentinels/Marauders, AP/Assault Powertech/Vanguards?
You always see Pyro/Assault, Focus/Rage, Bubble Sorcs, Deception/Infiltration.
Grow some balls and play something else.
hmm lets see in a rated warzone
healing commandos are going to die once they get focused
juyo sentinels will get cleansed and do very low damage
people arent going to eat pulse cannon in a rated match if you're a tactics vanguard

and thats pvp in swtor right now

PAMuttoni
02.27.2013 , 09:23 PM | #254
Wanna hear something funny?

I've seen one of the "good" guilds form two groups of four and queue at the same time, trying to get on the same warzone in the same team.
I've seen this happen 5 times. Too much for a coincidence. I don't think they do rated.
Keelahn (Combat) VR98 Aios (Seer) VR82 Kal'ree (Scrapper) VR70+
Tassadar (Marksman) VR85 Ze'siha (Darkness) VR87 Vehnar (Body Guard) VR70

KraidenDove
02.27.2013 , 10:33 PM | #255
No no, the halarious thing is 3 of those "top 5" guilds have mysteriously had incidents where

A: There stats don't match their gear.
B: An entire enemy team has crashed right before their defeat.
C: Continuous sprinting while in combat.
D: Been able to outrun force speed classes while out of combat running in a strait line

And my personal favorite

F: Have had multiple reports filed against them and mysteriously lose members when anti-cheating measures are taken.

As for the two that don't engage in activities of a "questionable" nature, good show and always a pleasure to duke it out.
"There are credits at stake, failure isn't an option."
Origin- Giradda the Hutt (FN Mem. of Galactic Solutions Inc. 12/13/12)
Destination-The Shadowlands (GM of Galactic Solutions Inc.)

Kraiden/Kardain Dove- Lvl 50 Slinger The Dove Legacy

Itchy_Bum
02.27.2013 , 11:39 PM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by KraidenDove View Post
No no, the halarious thing is 3 of those "top 5" guilds have mysteriously had incidents where

A: There stats don't match their gear.
B: An entire enemy team has crashed right before their defeat.
C: Continuous sprinting while in combat.
D: Been able to outrun force speed classes while out of combat running in a strait line

And my personal favorite

F: Have had multiple reports filed against them and mysteriously lose members when anti-cheating measures are taken.

As for the two that don't engage in activities of a "questionable" nature, good show and always a pleasure to duke it out.
Cool story bro.

To be honest, the few times I have seen things that were dodgy, none of those guilds were involved, pretty much every time it has been what @#&*en guild is that.

And to be honest I have seen enough Physics / ID people queu solo or with 2 and be on the wrong side of a face roll and stick it to the end to assume they would not do this kind of thing, unless they did not want to play the game. People need to stop making excuses for their losing warzones, the same allegations were made against top guilds on all servers before the merge, either man up or screen shot/video or it didn't happen. While ranked may be different in 1-4 pvp runs, it is always interesting to see what you are up against, I just wish there were more tight warzones now days but there are so many poor pvpers playing now days, with the stabilizer price they cant still be playing for stabs can they?

Who is Kraiden, only gunslingers I knew who really pvped a lot were Wesson and Wyatt (back from original Corellian run server).
Ivan 55 guard Bob_buffet 55 merc Yuliya-jr 55 mando Yuliya 55 scound Bodacious 55 sorc Ivanocha 55 Shad Cranky_pants 55 jugg El-Pollo-Loco 55 snip Mainwaring vg Itchy-bum guardian

KraidenDove
02.27.2013 , 11:53 PM | #257
^^^
Sweet reply homes. (Obviously identified himself in one of those guilds)

For your amusement here is who I am, I was a founder on Giradda the Hutt and one of the first people to recieve BM gear, a SWG player on Radiant server in guild OWI, and just to nail it in, someone who got his rear handed to him for the first 2 months of the game in pvp as two guilds (who are no longer here as BW banned their accounts for cheating in anti-hacking mesaures in march) decided they were the "BEST" on server just like the currently listed.

Now as for the MAN UP challenge, I do have the vid, which I sent into BW and have ongoing ticket investigations. Problem is these peeps always seem to show up under new IP's, new accounts, and new names a few months later. Face the facts man, the best usually cheat to get to be the best. Wanna prove you are the best, STOP playing in pug game general WZ and stay in ranked. Or are we really calling guilds that do (as mentioned above) que at coordinated times to get 8 players on their team while at best 4 from same guild on opposing team, the "BEST"

--Peace--
"There are credits at stake, failure isn't an option."
Origin- Giradda the Hutt (FN Mem. of Galactic Solutions Inc. 12/13/12)
Destination-The Shadowlands (GM of Galactic Solutions Inc.)

Kraiden/Kardain Dove- Lvl 50 Slinger The Dove Legacy

Itchy_Bum
02.28.2013 , 01:00 AM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by KraidenDove View Post
^^^
Sweet reply homes. (Obviously identified himself in one of those guilds)

For your amusement here is who I am, I was a founder on Giradda the Hutt and one of the first people to recieve BM gear, a SWG player on Radiant server in guild OWI, and just to nail it in, someone who got his rear handed to him for the first 2 months of the game in pvp as two guilds (who are no longer here as BW banned their accounts for cheating in anti-hacking mesaures in march) decided they were the "BEST" on server just like the currently listed.

Now as for the MAN UP challenge, I do have the vid, which I sent into BW and have ongoing ticket investigations. Problem is these peeps always seem to show up under new IP's, new accounts, and new names a few months later. Face the facts man, the best usually cheat to get to be the best. Wanna prove you are the best, STOP playing in pug game general WZ and stay in ranked. Or are we really calling guilds that do (as mentioned above) que at coordinated times to get 8 players on their team while at best 4 from same guild on opposing team, the "BEST"

--Peace--
Actually "homes" I come from a pub guild, "Bad Motivator Units", we still have a few active pvpers, however within the guild only 5, that I would be comfortable bringing into a ranked warzone.

BTW Grats on winning the lucky box prize back in January 2012 with the BM gear, getting the BM tokens was always a pain in the @#&* back in the day, present system is 100x better however too easy to get war hero gear IMO. So you are accusing the current guilds on the server of being the cheaters you were up against months ago?

I never made claims to being the best, I just don't like people calling others of cheating, and then not backing up their claims, and from what I can see this being your first post on server forums being to call someone out for cheating very interesting way to make yourself known.

And actually a lot of reasons why threads like this happen is they are trying to encourage people to form groups to go against them (as well as the obvious ego trip to themselves). I remember when the first server merge happened and IT hammered many members of the current top guilds and started a similar thread. While it was not the thread itself, it was the fact the A team of IT was much better than the A-teams of other guilds that made other guilds better, most notably ID.

Link your proof videos here and I am sure some people will watch them before they get deleted.
Ivan 55 guard Bob_buffet 55 merc Yuliya-jr 55 mando Yuliya 55 scound Bodacious 55 sorc Ivanocha 55 Shad Cranky_pants 55 jugg El-Pollo-Loco 55 snip Mainwaring vg Itchy-bum guardian

Lalainnia
02.28.2013 , 02:26 AM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Yeah I play a gunnery commando, and I *really* can't fault teams for wanting to run with an assault vanguard or smasher instead, no matter how well I try and play. The objective is to win, not carry some underpowered class.

Now here's hoping things are shaken up at least a little bit in 2.0. Electro net looks fun for focusing called targets.
Ya......... If 2.0 stays the way it is now I just going to quit. electro net is kinda suckish imo anyway. And the Mando buffs really cant compare with all the new changes, but meh maybe I was just on a ton of bad teams
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

Ryvirath
02.28.2013 , 04:35 AM | #260
Quote: Originally Posted by Lalainnia View Post
Ya......... If 2.0 stays the way it is now I just going to quit. electro net is kinda suckish imo anyway. And the Mando buffs really cant compare with all the new changes, but meh maybe I was just on a ton of bad teams
2.0 plays awesome.
Disembrae Legacy
BiS pvper streaming all classes and specs (Returning August 2014)

Free stuff referral