Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I know this is a stupid question, but....

Abvll's Avatar


Abvll
02.24.2013 , 01:06 PM | #1
How do I mark myself in the chat window as looking for group? In other words, what is the shortcut? I know "/invite" is to invite a player, but what is the shortcut for when I want people to know that I am looking for a group and the mission name? I've checked the manual and its no help, and I've checked the help section in the game and its no help either. I've done this before, I just cant remember how.
"It's difficult to not be condescending when the person you're talking to is an idiot". -Bill Maher

I_Sithed_MyPants's Avatar


I_Sithed_MyPants
02.24.2013 , 10:38 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Abvll View Post
How do I mark myself in the chat window as looking for group? In other words, what is the shortcut? I know "/invite" is to invite a player, but what is the shortcut for when I want people to know that I am looking for a group and the mission name? I've checked the manual and its no help, and I've checked the help section in the game and its no help either. I've done this before, I just cant remember how.
As far as I know nobody checks the social window to see if anybody wants a group.
Usually people just spam "LFG End of Torvix" or whichever mission they're looking for.
Thuviel
<PC Gamer Mint Imperials>

R.I.P <Antisocial Elitists> I shall miss thee

FlashDeShiro's Avatar


FlashDeShiro
02.24.2013 , 11:50 PM | #3
in chat window you type lfg then hold shift and select mission where ur missions are on screen and that should have that appear in the chat window

Abvll's Avatar


Abvll
02.25.2013 , 12:40 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by FlashDeShiro View Post
in chat window you type lfg then hold shift and select mission where ur missions are on screen and that should have that appear in the chat window
THanks, that's what I was looking for. Appreciate the help.
"It's difficult to not be condescending when the person you're talking to is an idiot". -Bill Maher

FlashDeShiro's Avatar


FlashDeShiro
02.25.2013 , 12:55 PM | #5
no problem glad i could help

RaineyDaze's Avatar


RaineyDaze
02.27.2013 , 11:50 AM | #6
This helped me out also since I didn't even know you could do this. I've been wondering about it for a bit.
I didn't throw it at you! I just threw it to you while you weren't looking.

Nydus's Avatar


Nydus
02.27.2013 , 11:53 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Abvll View Post
THanks, that's what I was looking for. Appreciate the help.
Not a stupid question. The community needs to do a better job of explaining the social interactions and the protocol that has evolved... I'd also add that in addition to what has been posted, it is sometimes helpful to list your specialization and class:

e.g. Healer Sorc LFG <<The End of Time on Gamma Nine>>

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

JimmyTheCannon's Avatar


JimmyTheCannon
02.28.2013 , 01:09 AM | #8
With that said, you should be aware most people probably won't notice this. As I_Sithed_MyPants said, nobody checks the social window for that.