Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Your report has been forwarded to our development team" = Ignored for months!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
"Your report has been forwarded to our development team" = Ignored for months!

-Damask-
02.27.2013 , 11:02 PM | #1
The CS i this game is the absolute worst! You can't be bothered to have an in-game phone line so you tell me to submit a ticket. I do that and days later I get some BS auto-reply message about "forwarding it to the development team". From past experience this means you have completely ignored my issue and I will never hear anything back. That woman on the phone who told me to put in a ticket really has no idea how worthless the ticket system is, does she? As soon as I saw the "forwarded to the development..." crap I knew it was a lost cause...

The first ticket that you "forwarded" for me has gone unresolved for going on 4 months now... 4 MONTHS !!! Of course I managed to fix that problem myself a while ago by reinstalling the game, but you don't know that. The second problem was a bugged guild member note... Again instead of just fixing the problem you "forwarded" it and again its been almost two months with no answer. Again I fixed it myself by gkicking and re-inviting... Took under a minute... Why couldn't you just suggest that in the first place? And if you are just going to give some BS auto-reply notifying me that you have forwarded my issue every time I have an issue why does it take days to do that every time? That could be done instantly... Every time someone submits a ticket just have the system send the reply automatically. Why must I wait days to learn that my issue will be ignored indefinitely? The only tickets I have ever had any luck with are the "Item/Loot" ones, I must say those are usually resolved... Why is that? Perhaps I should just start putting all my tickets under that category in the future. Your development team mailbox must be like that tube in Lost that empties out into the middle of a field... A enormous pile of tickets littering the countryside...

Has anyone actually ever got an issue resolved after they got the notorious "Forwared to the development team" autoreply message?

It's just so frustrating to be told on the phone to put in a ticket, and then we get this BS auto-reply that's obviously just meant to pacify the stupid customers until we hopefully forget that we had an issue and go about or business. Why would anyone expect a ticket to do anything when every ticket in the past about anything other than missing blackhole comms has gone unresolved? It's like any issue that won't likely cause an unsub is just ignored indefinitely- and that is not a good way to do business.

Seriously- you need to fire whoever it is who designs all of the terrible hideous gear and invest in some more trained CS personnel because this is ridiculous.

The whole problem I'm having is I cannot copy any characters to the PTS becuase all the ones I have copied previously have not only been copied to the Open PTS but to the Closed PTS as well and now I have reached the 12 character limit even though I only have 5 characters I can log into and play. I just need to get the 12 characters deleted off the closed PTS so I can copy to the open PTS... Of course I wouldn't even have this issue if I had been able to copy my 50's in the first place but when I first started copying I didn't know about the companion gear bug so I could only copy lowbies. Now we have a way to fix it and I can't copy because the server I can't even log into if full! PLEASE tell me how to get this fixed!!! If my past experience is anything to go by this issue will take at least 4 months and by then there wont be a PTS to copy to.

Dassvidanja
02.28.2013 , 01:55 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by -Damask- View Post
Bilge.
You do realise that bugs will be investigated by developers and not CSR's? In fact, you DO know the difference between a Developer and a Customer Service Rep, right?

-Damask-
02.28.2013 , 05:31 PM | #3
Wow really? You need to find better things to do with your time than inflate your post count... Does it really matter who does what and what they're called? The whole point that you missed is that issues go unresolved for months and the people in charge don't bother to respond with anything other than a token auto-reply. And these are not bug reports I'm referring to, bugs in the game's programming are usually something that the end-user can't fix on their own. The whole point is that if someone actually bothered to read the ticket, instead of just "forwarding" it, they might be able to tell me how to fix the issue.

Most other companies have an intermediary level tech department to address simple issues like the above mentioned ones. Only if that person cannot fix the problem is the ticket escalated and sent to the developers. And both issues I had only took a few minutes to fix once I stumbled upon the correct solution... If they had someone whose job it is to troubleshoot these random problems this could have been resolved months ago.

DarkDajin
02.28.2013 , 05:42 PM | #4
What category did you create the ticket under?

Rankyn
02.28.2013 , 10:23 PM | #5
Sounds to me like you filed it as a /bug rather than as a help ticket.
Bug reports get the auto-response and nothing more.

Dassvidanja
02.28.2013 , 10:32 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by -Damask- View Post
Wow really? You need to find better things to do with your time than inflate your post count... Does it really matter who does what and what they're called? The whole point that you missed is that issues go unresolved for months and the people in charge don't bother to respond with anything other than a token auto-reply. And these are not bug reports I'm referring to, bugs in the game's programming are usually something that the end-user can't fix on their own. The whole point is that if someone actually bothered to read the ticket, instead of just "forwarding" it, they might be able to tell me how to fix the issue.

Most other companies have an intermediary level tech department to address simple issues like the above mentioned ones. Only if that person cannot fix the problem is the ticket escalated and sent to the developers. And both issues I had only took a few minutes to fix once I stumbled upon the correct solution... If they had someone whose job it is to troubleshoot these random problems this could have been resolved months ago.
Well, yes it does really. Also I could care less about my ~~~poast count~~~

You come on a CUSTOMER SERVICE forum crying about issues that are for developers to resolve. With all due respect to the CSR's I doubt many are coders. Hence my point. Asking a CSR to magically *fix* issues in game would be akin to explaining car insurance to a horse.

I would also guess that perhaps issues are prioritised and perhaps their idea of what important is different than yours.

I have no idea on the internal structure of BioWare/EA but I guess they are not like *most other companies*. I just feel you are barking up the wrong tree.

-Damask-
03.01.2013 , 05:00 PM | #7
I have put them in pretty much every category but bug reports... But usually under General or Account. Both of those categories are ones that are supposed to be replied to, and even is it's in the wrong category whoever receives it should be able to forward it to the correct department. I have submitted plenty of bug reports too but they get a different auto reply, which is understandable, I don't expect a reply for bug reports.

And unfortunately there is no forum specific to developers, so the customer service forum is where everyone puts their problems threads. Where would you suggest I go to complain about this issue?

And again I don't expect everyone to get replies about non game-breaking issues immediately, but getting one auto-reply and then never hearing anything back- ever, is not good customer service. Especially when the fix is so simple once you know how to fix it.

Niaymh
03.01.2013 , 09:47 PM | #8
The fact that I had to read a wall of text to find the one sentence where you actually mention what your problem was certainly can't have helped them try to fix it...

The fact that your problem was fixed the day you posted really doesn't help your case either: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...15#edit5931515.

-Damask-
03.03.2013 , 11:22 PM | #9
OK whatever, everyone can miss the point if they want to... Just don't come crying to the forums when you finally have a ticket that never gets resolved.