Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Marshal_Ney
02.27.2013 , 10:55 AM | #2841
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

I wanted to make sure you were all aware that we have definitely not forgot about the APAC server concerns that all of you have. We are still very actively looking at all possible solutions and I will make sure that you are updated as soon as I have more information!

-eric
Thank you Eric,we are really looking forward for your decision.
I'm not a prophet or a stone age man,Just a mortal
with the potential of a superman,I'm living on"

Antiskeptic
02.27.2013 , 12:21 PM | #2842
Quote: Originally Posted by frose View Post
...we want action not a reminder that you are well aware of the issue but have decided it is of little importance and can be put off indefinitely
Actually, I asked him in the community management team thread bs that he put together who will be taking over the roll of looking after the issues of our server pops. So, he is just answering a question asked of him.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to make sure you were all aware that we have definitely not forgot about the APAC server concerns that all of you have. We are still very actively looking at all possible solutions and I will make sure that you are updated as soon as I have more information!

-eric
Thanks for answering my question! Good to know that your filling this role and we don't have to wait for them to bring someone else on, delaying a solution further.
//

lucotas
02.27.2013 , 12:59 PM | #2843
Hey everyone,

-eric
thank you eric but this seen like a joke, i mean joveth has said that 5 times and nothing happened. what is next? you say it 5 times and then you leave bioware? don't get me wrong eric but this is getting tired and people are mad (even me that i am in USA server, i don't like to see them sad)

please do something
Working on my english.
PLEASE SUPORT THIS THREAD ABOUT ANIMAL MOUNTS!
Animal Mounts in the cartel market

orpheus
02.27.2013 , 01:31 PM | #2844
Hey everyone,

-eric
given the amount time that has passed, there must be a lot of possible solutions...

vian
02.27.2013 , 04:14 PM | #2845
Hey everyone,

-eric
So we've been told. For months.

Thanks for the acknowledgment; I'm sure you are doing all you are allowed to. But at this point, even a time-frame would be something.
Two blasters; no waiting!

Scorpiooooo
02.27.2013 , 04:19 PM | #2846
Hey everyone,

-eric
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAA....Aaaahhhh.... Good one, Eric.
I'll see you in two months for your next copy-paste post.

P.s- BRING BACK THE GOAT!
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Luke's motivation to confront Vader wasn't to get a new belt.

Yndras
02.27.2013 , 04:57 PM | #2847
Hey everyone,

-eric
Sorry Eric, but that doesnt quite cut it. We got that response 6 months ago. This is getting a bit ridiculous.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

Sildanar
02.27.2013 , 05:02 PM | #2848
Hey everyone,

-eric
Dear Eric

Thank you ever so much for your reply to our thread and mentioning you know of our concerns in your polite and delightful manner...

Now

We have been waiting since August 2012 for an answer to this question, 4 yellow posts later and we are still waiting...

I take from your post "Soon" to mean Makeb and then we will see...

Call me a cynic, but it seems this issue has been kicked down the street twice already hoping that the dead horse of Master Dar Nala will rise from the grave.

Duplicitous? Disengenious? Uncaring? These words spring to mind, but I know its not true, it cant be true.
Surely a Company as large as Bioware EA would have exemplary customer service and attention to all its subscriber base..
Your right, of course they do

Im just in the que with thousands of other people waiting to see it...

its going to be quite a show Im sure.

Once again

Thanks ever ever so much for acknowledging our issues

I await your ACTION on this issue eagerly..
Starcaller Legacy
Master Dar'Nala server R.I.P
Now Harbinger & The Bastion
PVP Healer

Bethykins
02.27.2013 , 05:10 PM | #2849
Eric. Thank you for your post. Unfortunately this no longer cuts it. We need a decision to be made or at least a time frame on a decision. 6 months is too long.
At this point I don't even care if we get merged with the US servers, at least we would have a solution to the low pop on Master D. My next alt I am going to roll somewhere else I cannot face leveling with the 1 other person on the later planets. I am not paying $15 a month to play a single player game....
Just a make a decision already!
Voldi - Gunslinger
Tiko - Commando
Nöita- Sorc
The Astra Legacy - The Harbinger

Sildanar
02.27.2013 , 05:27 PM | #2850
I have brought all of the yellow posts in this thread together for convenience sake, strangely enough Im detecting a theme..

This from 21st September 2012 (Joveth Gonzalez)

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Folks, I wanted to take some time to let you know that we are listening to your concerns and that they're important to us. Oceanic servers WILL be getting 12 slots, just like the other servers and we're going to implement this change the next opportunity that we have.

Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days.

We're listening, and I know you've all been patient with us, and for that, I thank you. As soon as I get any update to this, I will let you know here.

Thanks again.
This from 9th October (Joveth Gonzalez)

Quote:
Hi folks,

Unfortunately, I have no new information at this time. In my last post, I did say that I would update this thread when I had new information but I currently do not.

With that being said, I will make sure to update this thread as soon as I have more information.

As a reminder, please remember to follow forum guidelines within this thread.

Thank you.

This from 6th November (Joveth Gonzalez)

Quote:
Jeff and our team wanted to be able to talk about the topic in his address and now you have the latest on our plans. Thank you all for your patience on this!
the above relates to Jeff Hickmans comments in his State of the game blog post of 6th November 2012

link here http://www.swtor.com/blog/star-wars-...ic-–-state-gam

Relevant quote here (Jeff Hickman)

Quote:
We are very aware of the concerns with the population levels on the Oceanic servers. The problem is pretty complex, as the solutions we have either split the populations further (like allowing Oceanic players to move to North American servers), or would force players to go to server types (PvP or RP, etc…) that they do not want to be on. Our current plan is to wait for Free-to-Play to launch and see what the influx of new players does to the populations of these servers. We will give it a little time and if we do not see significant improvement, then we will move ahead with the solution that offers the best playing experience for the Oceanic community.
This from January 16th 2013 (Joveth Gonzalez)

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I know it’s been a while since we’ve updated this thread, and I wanted to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about our Oceanic players. Now that we’re at a more stable point in time (post Free-to-Play transition and post holidays), we wanted to re-examine this issue. We’re going to be completely honest with you: there doesn’t seem to be an easy solution for anyone. We’ve seen many ideas from you folks such as merging all three servers into one, allowing for transfers to North America servers, and even not doing anything at all, but none of them seem to be an ideal solution for all. This is why we are now opening up this dialogue with you.

In this thread, please let us know what you think the best solution will be for your servers. I know there have been many suggestions already, but I would like to collect the most current ideas for us to consider. After that, our team will review and discuss what is feasible and what makes the most sense to do. Please remember to follow all forum rules and be respectful of each other’s ideas, even if you disagree with it.

Thank you all, and we look forward to your ideas.
This from 25th January 2012 (Joveth Gonzalez)

Quote:
Hey folks! Thank you for all of your suggestions. As I mentioned earlier, we're going to review these and see what we can do. I'll be sure to update when we have anything new. In the meantime, please keep the ideas coming!
And from Today 28th February 2013 (Eric Musco)

Quote:
Hey everyone,

-eric
Ill end with this observation,

Quote:
Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days.
that comment was made on the 21st Septmeber 2012

we are still waiting....
Starcaller Legacy
Master Dar'Nala server R.I.P
Now Harbinger & The Bastion
PVP Healer