Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change my legacy name!

OddballEasyEight
02.27.2013 , 02:19 AM | #1
Hi.

Ive written several tickets on this, but still nothing has happened.
Ive also had others write tickets on it, but still nothing.

My legacy name violates the naming rules, and id like to change it since i am on a roleplay server.

Please help me out here. The name DOES actually violate the rules so it should be changed.

Rankyn
02.27.2013 , 02:26 AM | #2
My guess is that they don't feel it violates the naming rules so they won't change it.

OddballEasyEight
02.27.2013 , 03:12 AM | #3
Well it is the name of a popular fictional character (that i didnt know about at the time) so it does violate the rules.

And since i have gotten quite a few comments about it, it is obviously well known in certain groups...

MrsFantastic
02.27.2013 , 09:36 AM | #4
Maybe someone else could report your legacy name for being in violation.
The Shadowlands - Onslaught
Kira-kai, Kai-kira, So'tenkira, Soten'kira, Sotenkira'kai, Sotenkai, It'scomplicated
Jae-hwa, Corazon, Sotenkira, Lolankai

lobobizarro
02.27.2013 , 10:10 AM | #5
Get other members to report your legacy name, it might be the only way. Hell, even you yourself can open a report ticket.
POWERTECH
Jung Ma / Sithhiker's Guide to the Galaxy / Shield Tech
Squadron11.11.11

OddballEasyEight
02.27.2013 , 02:02 PM | #6
Right, since its obvious that some of you didnt read my first post, i already have reported it myself... several times.
As have others.

HiltoftheDragon
02.27.2013 , 02:40 PM | #7
What name can be so bad as to post here about it. Why didnt it seem offensive to you when you first applied it.

You didnt mention how many folks you had report your name. Mabey not enough people have reported it to clarify it as offensive. Remember, it takes a while for something to be taken care of in this game. It takes weeks to get something restored/corrected.

Patience is a virtue.
The Starkillerz Legacy
Creedess - 55 Assassin * Adea - 55 Marauder * Noliana - 55 Mercenary
Serinety - 55 Operative

OddballEasyEight
02.27.2013 , 03:15 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by HiltoftheDragon View Post
What name can be so bad as to post here about it. Why didnt it seem offensive to you when you first applied it.

You didnt mention how many folks you had report your name. Mabey not enough people have reported it to clarify it as offensive. Remember, it takes a while for something to be taken care of in this game. It takes weeks to get something restored/corrected.

Patience is a virtue.
The name is not offensive in any way, its simply a name that is the name of a popular fictional character in an anime series. And since i had not seen that anime series since the mid 90's i didnt remember that it was from there, i just thought it was a "good name" i came up with.

I had at least one guild report it (or at least a couple of guys in the guild said they were going to report it and have their friends report it).
Ive been trying to get it changed by reporting it myself since i got my first complaint about it about 4 months ago.

Rankyn
02.27.2013 , 03:17 PM | #9
So basically it's some obscure name that nobody at BioWare (or most anyone else) is familiar with or worried about but you want it changed because you don't like it anymore.

You're probably going to have to wait until they offer some sort of Legacy Name Change service.

HiltoftheDragon
02.27.2013 , 04:05 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
So basically it's some obscure name that nobody at BioWare (or most anyone else) is familiar with or worried about but you want it changed because you don't like it anymore.

You're probably going to have to wait until they offer some sort of Legacy Name Change service.
I agree with rankyn.

It sounds like to me that your caring about what 1 person said about your name. Okay, you pissed off an anime freak....so what.
Your wanting to change because of another persons personal vendetta of naming your toon after some cartoon character they worship and it bothers you. Im not sure what to think of this.

I say dont let one persons silly opinion of your legacy name allow you to not have the name that you once desired so much. Keep the name and bow your chest out a little. If nobody likes it then kill them with kindness. They will eventually leave you alone and you will be able to keep the name you have.
The Starkillerz Legacy
Creedess - 55 Assassin * Adea - 55 Marauder * Noliana - 55 Mercenary
Serinety - 55 Operative