Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuck on patching

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bronholz
02.27.2013 , 11:48 AM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for the logs,

This first thing I'd like you to try is downloading the latest version of the launcher and set-up files from here.

After this please try adding the launcher (launcher.exe) and the game client (swtor.exe) to the exceptions list for your Firewall/Anti-Virus.

I would also like you to try starting your computers in Safe Mode with Networking, to see if this allows the launcher to patch further.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

NasherUK
02.27.2013 , 11:52 AM | #12
Slightly different problem for me. I get half way through patching and it decides that 5 files are corrupt (quite large ones to). Yet after it does a repair scan it only finds 3.

It worked fine yesterday. I also get the same problem on a backup copy of the game on another drive when trying to patch.

Skrigg
02.27.2013 , 11:53 AM | #13
Stuck at Installing Main Assets 106 (47%) - Posted bottom half of log.

Spoiler

Xytalyst
02.27.2013 , 12:02 PM | #14
Mine is stuck at 0% of assets 109

So far I have rebooted my router, modem, computer. I have disabled my firewall. I have redownloaded and ran installer you linked.
Spoiler

While I will continue to follow your recommended steps, I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that It was the software that changed and not our computers.

Andrew
------update-------
I updated windows.
I also just rebooted to safe mode with networking and got stuck at the same spot. 0% on asset 109.
Heck I even dusted off the inside of my computer....
Still wont work.

Next I will try completely uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

MyrickG
02.27.2013 , 12:09 PM | #15
Same as Andrew here.

Followed all suggestions and I have never had an issue patching previously. (over a year of playing TOR)

Skrigg
02.27.2013 , 12:10 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Thanks for the logs,

This first thing I'd like you to try is downloading the latest version of the launcher and set-up files from here.

After this please try adding the launcher (launcher.exe) and the game client (swtor.exe) to the exceptions list for your Firewall/Anti-Virus.

I would also like you to try starting your computers in Safe Mode with Networking, to see if this allows the launcher to patch further.

Thanks for your patience.
Tried all this, still stuck at the same spot. Everytime I restart my computer it seems to redownload or resume downloading of assets 106 then gets stuck at 47% of installing 106.

kobim
02.27.2013 , 12:13 PM | #17
same thing tried safe mode and reinstalled nothing helps

Zookdar
02.27.2013 , 12:18 PM | #18
I, too, am having a stuck patching problem. I have tried all of the solutions suggested with no result.

Here is my launcher log:
Spoiler

Skrigg
02.27.2013 , 12:20 PM | #19
I've tried deleting the patch files so that they were re-downloaded and Im still getting stuck.

Faeryl
02.27.2013 , 12:37 PM | #20
Launcher is continuously freezing at 36% when installing Main Assets 106. I tried re-installing the launcher. Nope. Same deal.

I tried downloading it in Safe Mode with Networking, but that didn't even allow me to connect to my network, so that's a bust. (Yes, I am certain that I selected "Safe Mode with Networking".)

After restarting the computer in a normal fashion, I tried once again to download the patch. Now it won't even install Main Assets 106. It froze at 0%. What the hell is this?!

Here is the very bottom portion of the log file, though I"m beginning to think it was a waste of money to re-sub to this game if I'm just going to have problems due to shoddy programming.
Spoiler