Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Video] Follow Up Details on the new <Spotter> ability

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[Video] Follow Up Details on the new <Spotter> ability

NoTomorrow
02.27.2013 , 09:57 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Priceless, simply priceless.
what? you disagree? You will soon witness you very first death to a lethality operative. Something that you thought was unimaginable before.

I'm telling you man, all bets are off.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

cycao
02.27.2013 , 10:04 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
what? you disagree? You will soon witness you very first death to a lethality operative. Something that you thought was unimaginable before.

I'm telling you man, all bets are off.
I don't think I have ever seen a lethaility op before and just because they get a buff and someone specs into it wont make them a contender. I can only think of a handful of ops on the server that are good but they are really good at dps and yes they blow me up.

Cilas
02.27.2013 , 10:08 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KettleBelll View Post
If the stealthed player would to talk at you at normal speed, he'd be MUCH closer, or on top of you, before you notice.

You can spot stealthers in the current game decently far out if they step, pause, step, pause like in that vid.
Most of the time he wasn't pausing, only when testing from the back approaches. The point we were trying to make there is that even pausing, the sniper still doesn't see the stealth until he's on top of you.

I pointed out what I saw as the max end ranges they were visible. Even with 30 spotter stacks the stealth could either walk up to get the jump or exfiltrate + hidden strike to get the opening
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

Cilas
02.27.2013 , 10:09 AM | #14
Well seeing as you can still get detected from a good range even with increased stealth levels from the side your best option is to come directly from behind which will probably not happen often in your average warzone they will be sitting in a pretty good position come 2.0.
From the side you can get an exfiltrate off (remaining in stealth) and pull a hidden strike.. If you're good. They still have that option. Approaching from behind remains the best option though, for sure
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

Cilas
02.27.2013 , 10:11 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Sorry but with 2.0 knocking at our doors, all bets are off. I am quite sure that in 2,0 with all these class changes snipers will be completely unable to kill good operative players of any spec. Marauders suddenly got their first 30m ranged attack. Forget everything you knew about SWTOR prior to 2.0. Class match-ups, counter-classes, everything.

You have to start fresh.
1.2 changed pvp in this game big time. 2.0 will do the same
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

cycao
02.27.2013 , 10:13 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Cilas View Post
From the side you can get an exfiltrate off (remaining in stealth) and pull a hidden strike.. If you're good. They still have that option. Approaching from behind remains the best option though, for sure
I don't have an op but im assuming exfiltrate is the same as blackout which increases stealth level? Anyways it seems like the chances of getting the jump on a sniper who knows whats up has gone down quite a bit.

smellmop
02.27.2013 , 10:19 AM | #17
curious...is the cone based on camera angle, where your toons head is facing, or is the cone based on where the in cover shield is facing?
-Tarro Blood -> Corellian Run -> The Shadowlands-
Gunslinger: Hasenbensoba Vanguard: Ajmurphy; Scoundrel: Obi'haave; Sorcerer: Impossibreu Guardian: Shrėk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=labL_KAD2rk

Cilas
02.27.2013 , 10:20 AM | #18
I don't have an op but im assuming exfiltrate is the same as blackout which increases stealth level? Anyways it seems like the chances of getting the jump on a sniper who knows whats up has gone down quite a bit.
Sneak is the same as blackout. An operative has a new ability, exfiltrate. Usable in and out of stealth. It is a roll similar to sniper's covered escape, but exfiltrate has no cooldown and consumes 21 energy (if spec'd). Additionally, using it doesn't break stealth
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

Cilas
02.27.2013 , 10:21 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by smellmop View Post
curious...is the cone based on camera angle, where your toons head is facing, or is the cone based on where the in cover shield is facing?
Definitely no camera angle, as you can see in the video my camera angle is facing behind me and the stealth is able to get 3-5 meters away before being spotted
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

cycao
02.27.2013 , 10:21 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Cilas View Post
Sneak is the same as blackout. An operative has a new ability, exfiltrate. Usable in and out of stealth. It is a roll similar to sniper's covered escape, but exfiltrate has no cooldown and consumes 21 energy (if spec'd). Additionally, using it doesn't break stealth
Got it.