Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So much suck: Imp side PvP (10-49)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
So much suck: Imp side PvP (10-49)

Shadix
02.26.2013 , 01:31 AM | #1
What's the deal imps? PvP battles used to be fairly close but the disparity in warzones has grown in favor of Pubs.

I've been PvPing all day on a 40's PT and I'm averaging 8 out of 10 matches as a loss.

What's the PvP scene at 50 like? Please tell me there is a silver lining here to all the painful warzones in the lower bracket...

inb4: it's you, imps suck, bacon, 10-49 doesn't matter, PT is ezmode, whatever...

Moriganno
02.26.2013 , 02:50 AM | #2
Crap tons of Imp noobs at lvl 50 as well. A huge influx of them started flooding in around 2-3 weeks before the ilum event. Do 50-70k damage throughout the whole wz. Not rare to see some of them with biggest hit at 812 damage.

Shadix
02.26.2013 , 04:17 AM | #3
Definitely not encouraging I really enjoy my bh but pvp is a huge aspect for me. Losing isn't so bad when it's close or people try, but the current wave of imps can't manage either.

I may have to roll with my vanguard for a while until this noobstorm passes.

kingrimlock
02.26.2013 , 02:22 PM | #4
Meh, having pvp'ed for quite a while on both sides, I can say that despite what people claim it's really more or less a crapshoot. Trust me, there are plenty of pub pvp'ers out there that would make you want to murder a small furry kitten.

sphyg
02.26.2013 , 03:26 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by kingrimlock View Post
Meh, having pvp'ed for quite a while on both sides, I can say that despite what people claim it's really more or less a crapshoot. Trust me, there are plenty of pub pvp'ers out there that would make you want to murder a small furry kitten.
You know it hurts when you talk about me. I didn't realize my play had an effect on little furry kittens. In light of this recent discovery, I have cancelled my sub.

No but seriously, it's hit or miss. Some times the imps wipe up the pubs. And some times it's the other way around.
Sphyg - Tha'dokta - Sphig - - - Bastion
Sphig - Sa'rissa - Sphygg - Who'just - U'just - - - Harbinger
The Chatos Paladins

SlimsPicken
02.26.2013 , 05:04 PM | #6
Its come to the point where there are so many bads on both sides, not playing with a guild or premade of 3 reliable people is just asking for frustration.

And even with 3 friends you can count on, the chances of getting 4 bads in the rest of the team are very high.

I cant even talk about how many times this last month Ive seen nodes capped, then completely abandoned.

I sat alone guarding hypergate the other night... on my lvl 49 smashrauder.. because no one else could be bothered to stop fighting in mid and dealing their 70k damage total in the match.

Until I find a guild I am leaving a few near 50s in limbo. Too frustrating to try and cap comms PUG style anymore.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

TJ-Hawke
02.26.2013 , 06:28 PM | #7
No different from pubs either..

NotAnyOldName
02.26.2013 , 08:14 PM | #8
Pubs are infinitely worse.

AltruisticRage
02.27.2013 , 09:32 AM | #9
I promise this happens Pub-side, too.
Altruistic <C O V E N A N T> // Sage Healer // The Harbinger
"PvP like you are PvPing for your fake dead girlfriend"

Frostbyt
02.27.2013 , 11:54 AM | #10
Yeah you're pretty delusional if you think one faction is better than the other.
The Harbinger, Krath Origin
Frost'byte PT • Frost'bite OpMed • Frostbit Sorc • Nomadis Mara • Fróstbite Sniper
Armor'mech CombatMedic • Armsdealer GS • $%^&2 Guard