Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zondar
02.26.2013 , 11:19 AM | #1091
This is my backup PC. Will send Main playing PC in a few days.
1. Shadowlands
2. Problem happens on all my toons.
3. On this pc was every 2 hours after this latest patch it is 50 minutes or less.
4. Happens 99% of the time when im zoning like boarding my ship or going planetside.
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. I go straight to Desktop I do not pass Go I dont collect 200 dollars.

primetheous
02.26.2013 , 12:14 PM | #1092
server: proginator EU
character : Ice-man
this has happened many times in last 2 weeks since my return to game mainly in flashpoints at the end but also happens in pvp loading seems to be a key trigger
Spoiler
MMO'ing for the older generation since 1998
Drax'cashile 55 operative: Shiva'nyx 55 sniper: Prime'zalek 55 sorc: Blake'torben 55 merc: Virax 55 jug: Thanna 55 marauder: Zavina 55 sorc
Lumin'kaarz 55 smuggler: Torben'kane 55 trooper: Yasmal 55 sage: Yazmil 55 sentinel

VanishedP
02.27.2013 , 12:11 AM | #1093
1. The Ebon Hawk.
2. Berral, pretty much every single one of my characters.
3. Multiple times every day. In the range of 5-10 crashes every 30 minutes or so.
4. It's mostly when I'm loading an area or in warzones which makes me completely miss out on a almost completed game.
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. They are indeed crashes to desktop. I do not lose connection.

MurdoxJD
02.27.2013 , 02:24 PM | #1094
I've been having this happen a lot. Sometimes it just drops to Windows and I can click to get back in (where it will do it again in 5-10m), and other times it will just close and I will be back at the desktop. Once it starts it continues until I run the "Repair" function at the login screen. Then everything will be fine for a while until it starts doing this again. The locations seem to be utterly random.

Therakiel
02.27.2013 , 10:11 PM | #1095
Quote: Originally Posted by Naugor View Post
Hello everyone,

We are still actively investigating reports about consistent crashing to desktop during your game play, please reply to this thread with the following information:
  1. Name of server.
  2. Name of character(s) affected.
  3. Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often?
  4. Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.
  5. Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
    Spoiler
  6. Your reliability report in spoiler tags
    • For Windows 7 / Vista:
      Spoiler
    • For Windows XP:
      Spoiler
  7. Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select.

In an effort to keep your data organized and easy to read, please respond to the questions above in the same format!
Thanks.
Here is my information. I hope this helps you guys so that I can stop crashing.. I cant stand it anymore.. especially after 7 months it all started when 1.4 came out
Spoiler

OwenBrooks
02.28.2013 , 01:46 AM | #1096
This may not help everyone but it should help most for those running 32 bit OS on Vista or Windows 7 to likely stop the crashes that people experience after 1 - 2 hours, and preferable if you have 4gb ram.
Spoiler

For Windows XP 32 Bit
Spoiler

Klarick
02.28.2013 , 05:58 PM | #1097
Please contact your ISP and tell them to join the other hundreds of internet carriers and ask them if they can please spend a little time and about a billion dollars to re-reroute the entire internet flow infrastsructure so we can all play SWTOR again.

Please let me know their response. I can tell you the response of my ISP: They are still laughing at me. However, they did say that I wasn't the only customer of theirs that are having issues with SWTOR.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

youngah
02.28.2013 , 06:14 PM | #1098
I had a problem with crashing and it seems to be fixed now! Check out this link:

http://swtorcommando.blogspot.kr/201...orkaround.html

The game was crashing on me every hour and I tried everything, including contacting SWTOR customer service (they suggesstions they made did not work!). I turned to the web and found the link above, tried it and now my game is not crashing!! I can't believe it was so simple to fix as I suffered for months. Anyway, hope this helps others.

OwenBrooks
02.28.2013 , 07:25 PM | #1099
Quote: Originally Posted by youngah View Post
I had a problem with crashing and it seems to be fixed now! Check out this link:

http://swtorcommando.blogspot.kr/201...orkaround.html

The game was crashing on me every hour and I tried everything, including contacting SWTOR customer service (they suggesstions they made did not work!). I turned to the web and found the link above, tried it and now my game is not crashing!! I can't believe it was so simple to fix as I suffered for months. Anyway, hope this helps others.
That is what my post just above this one does, 2500 is a better starting point then 3072

mckinley_
03.01.2013 , 12:36 PM | #1100
1. The Harbinger
2. All of my characters, Artsassin Arteekin, Artsnipe, Artguardian, and Artsorcerer are main ones
3. about every 5 minutes or so since the last patch
4. lets see theres sitting and doing nothing, walking, questing, trading....in other words its nothing i'm doing, its random
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. This is a freeze of the game, a hang, then a message from windows that the game has stopped working, then game crashes to desktop