Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How's you choose your class?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
How's you choose your class?

kormonnaut
12.18.2011 , 07:02 PM | #1
I find myself fighting over some issues in my head that are making it hard for me to choose a class to commit to. If I play a Shadow/Assassin, will tank specs be the minority? Will a Smuggler/Agent actually be fun, especially if I choose a healing/utility spec? Will pure DPS-specced anything be a dime a dozen? Can I get used to the idea of a ranged tank? Do I pick a class purely on what interests me, or do I take grouping value into account?

Well, these are just some of my struggles. How did you choose, or what's your hangup on choosing your "maim"?

RageFit
12.18.2011 , 07:31 PM | #2
wen't jedi sent because when playing with a dated combat system like this one i can't stand ranged, and i like warrior type classes so at the very least i have a reason to circle strafe and trick my self into thinking i am actually doing something that's hard, other then that i probably wouldn't have rolled jedi since they are everywhere at least they are almost all guardians sentinels are actually pretty rare to run into.

Thaonnor
12.18.2011 , 09:00 PM | #3
IMO, melee is more fun in this type of game, even though they may be slightly underpowered in pvp currently. Ranged combat is kind of clunky at the moment, a lot of abilities that fire weird, specifically when you have to use a reticle as the reticles often appear "gray" when out of range and red/blue when in range but due to graphic errors, sometimes show red at the very edge of the out of range area and when you click, it loses the reticle and you are forced to rehit the ability and reposition it again. Pretty annoying.

I'd go Melee at this point

startreker
12.21.2011 , 01:18 AM | #4
To be honest it is easy for me. There are 8 classes in this game and I have an 8 sided dice from D&D. Each time I play is a new dice roll.

Meriki
12.21.2011 , 01:31 AM | #5
There really are only 4 classes in the game, IMO. At least base classes. They do the same thing for the light or dark side of things. If you need help getting started check out this series of guides I wrote just for this reason.

Star Wars TOR Guides: http://www.ddmsrealm.com/index.php/star-wars-tor-guides

There are lots more coming so keep an eye out.
TOR Guides, videos, news, and information on DDMsRealm.com!
Before paying for the next recycled RPG, play the Fyxt RPG for free!