Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Saruman's corruption similar to Dooku?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Is Saruman's corruption similar to Dooku?

Slowpokeking
02.24.2013 , 05:02 PM | #1
From my understanding, Saruman only believes power could ensure peace and justice, thus he didn't believe humans and hobbit could beat Sauron, so he chose to ally with Sauron and try to claim the One Ring to overthrow Sauron?

Dooku also thought the Republic and Jedi were too corrupt to ensure peace and justice, then he worked with Sidious to create a new government to bring peace and order to the galaxy, he also wanted to betray his master in several EU.

Bird_of_Thunder
02.24.2013 , 05:39 PM | #2
that, and they were both portrayed by the same actor
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

jarjarloves
02.24.2013 , 08:47 PM | #3
not really because Sauruman is trying to survive while Dooku is trying to reset the jedi order and bring order to the universe.

Slowpokeking
02.25.2013 , 12:30 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
not really because Sauruman is trying to survive while Dooku is trying to reset the jedi order and bring order to the universe.
Saruman also wants to rule.

RixoFutu
02.26.2013 , 04:04 AM | #5
And one thing - Darth Tyranus wasn't evil as we can expect from any Sith Lord. He was noble and wise. In one way, i see him as a good character with good intentions but on wrong path to attain them. In the end, he was a very good Jedi ...
"Once, I thought myself a monster. I played in rivers of blood and laughed as innocents quaked. Yet when I touched the Dread Masters, I saw that my darkness was but a shadow of true depravity."

Forgon
02.26.2013 , 05:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by RixoFutu View Post
And one thing - Darth Tyranus wasn't evil as we can expect from any Sith Lord. He was noble and wise. In one way, i see him as a good character with good intentions but on wrong path to attain them. In the end, he was a very good Jedi ...
...except for the callous acts of cruelty, immersion in dark teachings to attain power, malicious and often destructive intent to corrupt individuals, ruining multiple lives to serve his cause, and discarding all his Jedi teachings in place of Sith mantra...
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

beefyandbeef
02.26.2013 , 01:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
...except for the callous acts of cruelty, immersion in dark teachings to attain power, malicious and often destructive intent to corrupt individuals, ruining multiple lives to serve his cause, and discarding all his Jedi teachings in place of Sith mantra...
^ THAT, was awesome
Roaric Level 50 Vanguard
Proud CE Owner
Semper est lux in tenebris-There is always light in darkness