Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alac DPS build

Ycoga
02.19.2013 , 05:19 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
This post displays a serious misunderstanding of how stats work in this game. Power does not compete with surge and alacrity does not compete with crit rating.
I never said it did.

Quote:
You CANNOT trade crit for alacrity or power for surge. The only way you could do this is if you were using augments with those stats, and you should only be using willpower augments no matter your spec.
What are you on about? You either use Power or Surge mods/enhancements... :/ I didn't claim to map out stat tiers.

If you think you don't have a choice between crit or alac then YOU'RE the one who doesn't understand anything.

In fact that's a stupid thing to say; you clearly DO know a lot about sages and therefore know what you're saying. I think you just misrepresented what I originally said.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

SoonerJBD
02.19.2013 , 12:30 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
I never said it did.
Yes you did. You talked about surge taking priority over power in a crit-heavy build. You also said you can sacrifice alacrity for crit, which is not true.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
What are you on about? You either use Power or Surge mods/enhancements... :/ I didn't claim to map out stat tiers.

If you think you don't have a choice between crit or alac then YOU'RE the one who doesn't understand anything.

In fact that's a stupid thing to say; you clearly DO know a lot about sages and therefore know what you're saying. I think you just misrepresented what I originally said.
Mods come with main stat and secondary stat (crit or power). Enhancements come with secondary stat (crit or power) and tertiary stat (alacrity or surge). You can't trade alacrity for crit. They don't compete. You can only trade alacrity for other tertiary stats (alacrity, surge or accuracy, which Sages don't use). Every enhancement for Sages will have either crit or power on it and either alacrity or surge. Crit competes with power and only power. Alacrity competes with surge and only surge.

Ycoga
02.21.2013 , 04:02 AM | #13
See 2.0 changelog.

I rest my case regarding alacrity.

And now it DOES reduce the GCD. For all classes even.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Ycoga
02.22.2013 , 04:50 AM | #14
And yeah Valk, I will be giving some Alac to my Jugg as well.

Valkyrst
02.26.2013 , 04:21 AM | #15
Well at least this time it'll make a little more sense when you do it. Not much more though.

However trusting you, you'll start stacking strength on your Sage for extra melee damage.

FYI, that guy up there isn't me. He just recognized that you're a massive weirdo as well.