Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

what is the diffrence between a sith and a fallen jedi

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore

legolegion
02.25.2013 , 01:19 PM | #1
I just curious what people think on this
me personaly would say sith is brought up with darkside thus has control over it
while a fallen jedi scumbs is more prone to exsess as s/he is suddenly imersed in the dark side
any opion`s?

Eternalnight
02.25.2013 , 01:49 PM | #2
Quote:
A Sith is a Sith and a fallen Jedi is a fallen Jedi. There's your difference.

Slowpokeking
02.25.2013 , 01:52 PM | #3
Dark Jedi=All Dark Siders, including Sith.
Sith=An organization of Dark Siders, they have their unique philosophy and ideology.
Only those Dark Siders who accept the philosophy and ideology of the Sith and usually(not always) got accepted by the Order, can be called as a Sith.

Just like the Jedi, you don't become a Jedi simply by using the Force, you have to be accepted by the Order and follow the Jedi Code to be one.

AlexDougherty
02.25.2013 , 03:25 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Dark Jedi=All Dark Siders, including Sith.
Sith=An organization of Dark Siders, they have their unique philosophy and ideology.
Only those Dark Siders who accept the philosophy and ideology of the Sith and usually(not always) got accepted by the Order, can be called as a Sith.
Not quite:
Dark Jedi/Fallen Jedi= Jedi who have turned to the darkside.
Sith= initially a race of Darksiders, later an organisation/order who follow the philosophy of the original sith, mostly humans.
Darksiders= Force users who use the darkside, not necessarily aligned with any order/organisation/philosophy.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Slowpokeking
02.25.2013 , 03:31 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Not quite:
Dark Jedi/Fallen Jedi= Jedi who have turned to the darkside.
Sith= initially a race of Darksiders, later an organisation/order who follow the philosophy of the original sith, mostly humans.
Darksiders= Force users who use the darkside, not necessarily aligned with any order/organisation/philosophy.
Dark Jedi=All Dark Siders, no matter they once were Jedi or not.

AlexDougherty
02.25.2013 , 03:48 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Dark Jedi=All Dark Siders, no matter they once were Jedi or not.
No, you've missed the point, to be Dark Jedi you have to be a member/former member of the Jedi order, this is part of the star wars canon. Dark jedi have the benefits of techniques from both sides of the force, making them much more dangerous than other darksiders.

Some times non-force users describe Darksiders as Dark Jedi, this is akin to describing someone with a gun as a soldier, understandable but not something a professional would do.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Slowpokeking
02.25.2013 , 04:17 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
No, you've missed the point, to be Dark Jedi you have to be a member/former member of the Jedi order, this is part of the star wars canon. Dark jedi have the benefits of techniques from both sides of the force, making them much more dangerous than other darksiders.

Some times non-force users describe Darksiders as Dark Jedi, this is akin to describing someone with a gun as a soldier, understandable but not something a professional would do.
Dark Jedi is what we use to call all Dark Siders, sure most of them are either Sith or former Jedi, but that does not mean they must be a former Jedi.

Quote:
"A dark Jedi is anyone who practices the dark side of the Force whether or not they were a former Jedi."
―Leland Chee

Segastorm
02.25.2013 , 04:19 PM | #8
To clear this up:

"Dark Jedi, also known as "Fallen" Jedi, were Force-sensitives, frequently former Jedi, who chose to deny the light side of the Force and/or follow the dark side. Although "Dark Jedi" originally referred to a Jedi who had fallen to the dark side, it could also refer to uninitiated Force-sensitives who received no Jedi training but began their careers under another Dark Jedi. Others were simply dark-side users who did not follow the teachings of the Sith or other dark side organizations. In some cases, Dark Jedi also included "artificial" Force-sensitives who served the dark side, such as the Reborn and the Shadowtroopers."-(Wookiepiedia)

Edited to add more to quote.

jediakm
02.25.2013 , 04:54 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Segastorm View Post
To clear this up:

"Dark Jedi, also known as "Fallen" Jedi, were Force-sensitives, frequently former Jedi, who chose to deny the light side of the Force and/or follow the dark side. Although "Dark Jedi" originally referred to a Jedi who had fallen to the dark side, it could also refer to uninitiated Force-sensitives who received no Jedi training but began their careers under another Dark Jedi. Others were simply dark-side users who did not follow the teachings of the Sith or other dark side organizations. In some cases, Dark Jedi also included "artificial" Force-sensitives who served the dark side, such as the Reborn and the Shadowtroopers."-(Wookiepiedia)

Edited to add more to quote.
Well, the sith really become what they are in swtor becuase banished jedi land on koriban, so there could be some confusion there. But I think I agree the dark jedi are just fallen jedi, and if you want to be really restrivtive, there are always just the true sith, instead of the order as a whole.

psandak
02.25.2013 , 05:06 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jediakm View Post
Well, the sith really become what they are in swtor becuase banished jedi land on koriban, so there could be some confusion there. But I think I agree the dark jedi are just fallen jedi, and if you want to be really restrivtive, there are always just the true sith, instead of the order as a whole.
Well...
Spoiler