Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Helig
02.25.2013 , 01:28 AM | #1391
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Look, right now we're looking at this as being our justification for coming to a ranked warzones. This is what will justify our spot. And at a 90 second cooldown there is a definite argument to be made that the utility will not be available often enough. It would have to consistently be a move which, when properly used, generates a turning point in the game. Setting up a guaranteed focus every 90 seconds? Useful certainly but useful enough to not take us over another Vanguard, a Gunslinger, another Stealth DPS?

The whole meta is going to be changing. Some changes will be big (bai bai bubble stuns), some not so much (I expect a lot of smashers still). Where net fits into the meta is a big question. My initial thought is that the cooldown is too long. Maybe reality won't bear that out. I hope it doesn't. Personally I feel it should be up at least as often as Guarded by the Force, but even a 60s cooldown would be a huge improvement.
Fair point I suppose.

If it's cleansable I do agree that cooldown needs to be shorter.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

T-Assassin
02.25.2013 , 12:08 PM | #1392
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Fair point I suppose.

I'm pretty much out the game, but even a 60s CD doesn't warrant a spot on rated, imo. (i'm not speaking on heals...i do not know)

PT/VG and sniper still > for ranged DPS. Assy/Shdw still greater utility, even moreso now! and Mercs are still an easy tgt for smash monkeys.

what role is Merc filling? and in what role does Merc perform as well as any other class?

i STILL cannot find any justification on bringing a Merc into RWZ.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

Smashbrother
02.25.2013 , 01:33 PM | #1393
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
negative ghost rider
gosh darnit!

Smashbrother
02.25.2013 , 01:35 PM | #1394
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post

I'm pretty much out the game, but even a 60s CD doesn't warrant a spot on rated, imo. (i'm not speaking on heals...i do not know)

PT/VG and sniper still > for ranged DPS. Assy/Shdw still greater utility, even moreso now! and Mercs are still an easy tgt for smash monkeys.

what role is Merc filling? and in what role does Merc perform as well as any other class?

i STILL cannot find any justification on bringing a Merc into RWZ.
The net is an entirely unique utility that will pretty much allow your team to FF someone down. The target won't be able to escape. If the cd on net was short enough, commandos would definitely be brought to rwzs. Well healers at least, I don't know about dps ones.

Smashbrother
02.25.2013 , 01:38 PM | #1395
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
60 second cooldown on net would be the sweet spot imo

i also want to pull for a reduction on the Power Surge/Tech Override cooldown. 120s base, 90s talented in arsenal/gunnery. i think that it should be 90s base, 60s talented in arsenal/gunnery.

having it give us 2 charges for instant abilities is a very good addition, but 90s is just too long considering it is the only resistance to interrupts that the spec has.
The two abilities that make our next ability free and instant should be combined into one ability with like a 45s cd. Also make us immune to interrupts after using it for like 6 sec or something.

rlamela
02.25.2013 , 01:55 PM | #1396
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
The two abilities that make our next ability free and instant should be combined into one ability with like a 45s cd. Also make us immune to interrupts after using it for like 6 sec or something.
I support this message

Major Crackroxx

Lalainnia
02.25.2013 , 02:30 PM | #1397
Um im just a lil curious but cant a sorc just pull somone out of the net?

I dunno havent tried it but it seems like it would work seeing as how its only affecting the person stuck in it.......
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

DariusCalera
02.25.2013 , 03:41 PM | #1398
Quote: Originally Posted by Lalainnia View Post
Um im just a lil curious but cant a sorc just pull somone out of the net?

I dunno havent tried it but it seems like it would work seeing as how its only affecting the person stuck in it.......
Or, what about Intercede/Guardian Leap?

ArchangelLBC
02.25.2013 , 10:48 PM | #1399
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
Or, what about Intercede/Guardian Leap?
Intercede/Guardian leap would most likely be considered an escape that would be locked out, Rescue I'm not so sure of. Need to test this on the PTS, hopefully bolster gets fixed tomorrow.

I'm fine with them being two different abilities (one is a trooper baseline ability) but BOTH should definitely be on a 45s cooldown. Tech Override has long been one of the most underwhelming high level abilities (battle readiness also kind of lame, though it's been buffed in 2.0).

Can anyone on the PTS comment on ammo issues? MM snipers basically never run out of energy now so now I'm really starting to worry where we stand.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

SneiK
02.26.2013 , 12:54 AM | #1400
The net is an entirely unique utility that will pretty much allow your team to FF someone down. The target won't be able to escape. If the cd on net was short enough, commandos would definitely be brought to rwzs. Well healers at least, I don't know about dps ones.
'Target won't be able to escape' - the opposing team's sorc(s) will still be able to pull the target? If so, then it is counterable.

Also, not all classes need to 'escape' in rateds, when guards/heals are working well.

But, the net is not the only ability Mercs are getting, so I'm just waiting when we can actually start using the PTS for testing PvP...