Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bradley Cooper May Be Cast As Han Solo's Son

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Bradley Cooper May Be Cast As Han Solo's Son

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
02.24.2013 , 10:46 PM | #21
Well looks like Ep 7 is getting closer to boarding the Dail Express....looking less forward to this time bomb more and more....
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Ventessel's Avatar


Ventessel
02.25.2013 , 12:27 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Hardwear View Post
I assumed he was joking about Shia atleast i hope it was a joke.

Next thing we'll find out that not only was the force caused by midichlorians, but that ancient aliens injected us with them! And it's possible to survive the destruction of Alderaan by jumping inside a refrigerator!

Oh, wait... they already made that movie, and I think Steven Spielberg got shot for it...
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Kharnamatic's Avatar


Kharnamatic
02.25.2013 , 01:14 AM | #23
Shia is even a Star Wars-y name. It's the will of the force!

Hardwear's Avatar


Hardwear
02.25.2013 , 11:23 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
And it's possible to survive the destruction of Alderaan by jumping inside a refrigerator!
LOL!

Quote: Originally Posted by Kharnamatic View Post
Shia is even a Star Wars-y name. It's the will of the force!
Whew..thanks for confirming you were just trollin.
Squadron: 1020 367

Keypek's Avatar


Keypek
02.25.2013 , 04:11 PM | #25
I'd be ok with Cooper in that role. All though like someone else said he should be a non force user... a strict younger version of Han. He'd be good playing that cocky yet likeable guy with the big smile... has worked for him before. All though still kinda hard to imagine the nerdy guy from Alias being as popular as he is now lol.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
Vanguard dps for nim progression. 55s=1 of everything.
Undercon__ ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
02.25.2013 , 04:53 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Keypek View Post
I'd be ok with Cooper in that role. All though like someone else said he should be a non force user... a strict younger version of Han. He'd be good playing that cocky yet likeable guy with the big smile... has worked for him before. All though still kinda hard to imagine the nerdy guy from Alias being as popular as he is now lol.
well we don't know who he would play if he is Han Solo's son. To assume he would be Jacen solo is a bit premature at this point as we don't even know if they will do the Solo twins. There is no real reason to really think that they would

We know it's going to take place about 40 years after ROTJ and it is NOT based on any existing EU story.


In the EU 40 years after ROTJ both Anakin Solo and Jacen Solo are both dead.

Keypek's Avatar


Keypek
02.26.2013 , 02:01 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
well we don't know who he would play if he is Han Solo's son. To assume he would be Jacen solo is a bit premature at this point as we don't even know if they will do the Solo twins. There is no real reason to really think that they would

We know it's going to take place about 40 years after ROTJ and it is NOT based on any existing EU story.


In the EU 40 years after ROTJ both Anakin Solo and Jacen Solo are both dead.
Didn't say anything about him being Jacen or Anakin. They aren't going to follow the EU stories. At best they pick a few character names and similarities and plug them in the movies as some geek easter eggs.

When I think of characters like what Cooper would be playing it's as original characters no one has seen before.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
Vanguard dps for nim progression. 55s=1 of everything.
Undercon__ ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands

Brewnian's Avatar


Brewnian
02.26.2013 , 02:19 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Keypek View Post
Didn't say anything about him being Jacen or Anakin. They aren't going to follow the EU stories. At best they pick a few character names and similarities and plug them in the movies as some geek easter eggs.

When I think of characters like what Cooper would be playing it's as original characters no one has seen before.
After reading Fate of the Jedi, I can't see how anyone would think they AREN'T using the EU. Fate of the Jedi re-aligned the entire storyline for modern Star Wars into something more similar to the Old Republic. This opens so many plot options.

The EU is a FANTASTIC revenue source with a pre-built fan base. Disney won't throw that way. I've spent more on purchasing the Audiobooks than I have on DVDs and BluRays. We have to view this pragmatically.

They don't have to use the EU to respect the EU. They can tell a NEW story with barely a reference to it and still follow it.

Selorian's Avatar


Selorian
03.16.2013 , 05:18 AM | #29
Link is updated.

Cavell's Avatar


Cavell
03.16.2013 , 12:27 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Brewnian View Post
The EU is a FANTASTIC revenue source with a pre-built fan base. Disney won't throw that way.
Of course they will.

The prequel trilogy was unmitigated trash, yet it still raked in money. Hardcore Star Wars fans have eaten up eighteen-odd clones of the Emperor, Darth Maul not actually dying when clearly killed by Obi-Wan, Boba Fett surviving the sarlacc, etc. This is a fanbase that will buy anything, no matter how absurd, as long as it involves their favorite whatever.