Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Traya vs G0-T0

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
02.24.2013 , 06:54 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
Traya's assassins will eventually infiltrate and destroy the HK Factory on Telos, since the more security there is, the easier it will be to find, but that security can at best only delay the inevitable.
The HK factory had plenty of defenses, including various battle-droids, turrets, and mines. Not to mention that HK-50s will naturally be guarding the HK factory. Like, a lot of them.

We can see Traya's assassins fighting non-force users when they attacked the Mandalorain base on Dxun. They aren't super-advanced killer machines. The Mandalorians were able to hold them off, and undoubtably the HKs will be able to defeat them as well.

The HK factory won't be destroyed by assassins alone.

To get a glimpse of the HKs the assassins would have to go through, refer to this picture.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
02.24.2013 , 07:16 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
The HK factory had plenty of defenses, including various battle-droids, turrets, and mines. Not to mention that HK-50s will naturally be guarding the HK factory. Like, a lot of them.

We can see Traya's assassins fighting non-force users when they attacked the Mandalorain base on Dxun. They aren't super-advanced killer machines. The Mandalorians were able to hold them off, and undoubtably the HKs will be able to defeat them as well.

The HK factory won't be destroyed by assassins alone.

To get a glimpse of the HKs the assassins would have to go through, refer to this picture.
That's a good point about the assassins, but they were facing Mandalorians. So it's not like they are inept, but you are correct that they aren't super advanced killers.

That picture has alot of droids in them. The question is, how many of them are active and combat ready? Probably quite a few, but I doubt all of them are ready.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
02.24.2013 , 07:22 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
That picture has alot of droids in them. The question is, how many of them are active and combat ready? Probably quite a few, but I doubt all of them are ready.
Well okay, it's a factory, so obviously it's making droids which won't be able to fight because they're not ready yet. But that pick shows HKs that are fully assembled and ready to go. And that's not all of the factory. Also note that G0-T0 has been producing these for years. And in the cut content, HK-47 and the Exile had to fight through a ton (I don't know the exact number).
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
02.24.2013 , 07:35 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Well okay, it's a factory, so obviously it's making droids which won't be able to fight because they're not ready yet. But that pick shows HKs that are fully assembled and ready to go. And that's not all of the factory. Also note that G0-T0 has been producing these for years. And in the cut content, HK-47 and the Exile had to fight through a ton (I don't know the exact number).
Well, I haven't played the cut content, but as we see through out the Clone Wars, factories are well defended and well stocked with droids. So I would assume that the factory is well guarded by droids 'hot off the press'

But how effective are these droids, really? Remember that three of them were taken out by T3. That could just be a defficiency in their programming when it comes to destroying astromech droids, or simply because T3 is so awesome (let's face it, he is ). I am inclined to believe the latter.

If a battle does come to the HK factory, Traya has to win. If she fails, she has done no damage to G0-T0 and shot herself in the foot. So how much of Traya's army (small as it is) will need to be sent to destroy the factory? Quite a big portion, but if the factory is destroyed, she will have a much better chance of winning, or at the very least survive longer.

I think it is possible, but it will most likely deplete a good majority of her forces. She does have the Sith going for her.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
02.24.2013 , 07:44 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
But how effective are these droids, really? Remember that three of them were taken out by T3. That could just be a defficiency in their programming when it comes to destroying astromech droids, or simply because T3 is so awesome (let's face it, he is ). I am inclined to believe the latter.
I hate this example, because then people bash T3 to try and make their argument better. But you're right, he's freaking awesome, he's been upgraded so many times.... like really, what astromech droid has a built-in blaster? He even challenged the Sith Emporer! Then died like 2 seconds into the battle....

Anyways, if you want to be technical about it, the HKs used flamethrowers against him, which have never historically been super great against droids. One of the drops from that battle is also a matrix that gives a boost to droids when attacking "biologicals". So they were obviously designed to kill living things (which Traya's assassins are) rather than droids like T3.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
02.24.2013 , 07:46 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
She does have the Sith going for her.
How is she going to get them off Malachor? That's my question.

And, if she does, won't their power be far less, seeing as they aren't drawing from the dark side nexus?
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Ventessel's Avatar


Ventessel
02.24.2013 , 08:34 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Well, I haven't played the cut content, but as we see through out the Clone Wars, factories are well defended and well stocked with droids. So I would assume that the factory is well guarded by droids 'hot off the press'

But how effective are these droids, really?
Indeed. HK droids are not war droids, or battle droids even. They are cunning assassins, usually relying on surprise and ambush to eliminate their prey. It would probably be an even match, except that the Sith have lightsabers and force powers, and the HK droids will probably make heavy use of flamethrowers, grenades, etc.

Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
If a battle does come to the HK factory, Traya has to win. If she fails, she has done no damage to G0-T0 and shot herself in the foot. So how much of Traya's army (small as it is) will need to be sent to destroy the factory? Quite a big portion, but if the factory is destroyed, she will have a much better chance of winning, or at the very least survive longer.
This is not the type of battle which can be committed to halfway, and both sides will know this. The victor would secure a significant advantage, unless their own forces were so devastated in the attempt as to be rendered combat ineffective.

Consider their outside assets as well. What reinforcements can be committed to the fight if necessary?

Can a feint be executed? Are there secondary targets that may be engaged during the fight, either to draw off enemy reinforcements or to ensure damage to the enemy's infrastructure?
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
02.24.2013 , 09:10 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
I hate this example, because then people bash T3 to try and make their argument better. But you're right, he's freaking awesome, he's been upgraded so many times.... like really, what astromech droid has a built-in blaster? He even challenged the Sith Emporer! Then died like 2 seconds into the battle....

Anyways, if you want to be technical about it, the HKs used flamethrowers against him, which have never historically been super great against droids. One of the drops from that battle is also a matrix that gives a boost to droids when attacking "biologicals". So they were obviously designed to kill living things (which Traya's assassins are) rather than droids like T3.
I still don't see why T3 had to be in that fight in the first place.

But anyway, I see your point on the programming.


Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
How is she going to get them off Malachor? That's my question.

And, if she does, won't their power be far less, seeing as they aren't drawing from the dark side nexus?
The same way she gets them on the planet I suppose. Getting off the planet seems a bit hazy. It's not like she can rip ships out of the vortex like Nihilus did. I would assume that they will get off in the same manner that Sion did. Unless he left with Nihilus.

Well, it's not like they are powerless off Malachor. But they are less so when away from Malachor. I wouldn't say that they are completely inept off of Malachor, just not as effective when on Malachor. I guess they would be comparable to the average Sith Warrior.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Blackholeskipper's Avatar


Blackholeskipper
02.25.2013 , 04:42 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
*that’s right the Mass Shadow Generator is permitted in this battle, in order to make up for a disadvantage that as a non-force sensitive G0-T0 would have difficulty overcoming - and also taking into account that in a real Kaggath the Mass Shadow Generator would be very much operational.
Lol, that is just OP then. I guess they're both destroyed when the planet they're on gets it.

Spartanik's Avatar


Spartanik
02.25.2013 , 10:52 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
That's a good point about the assassins, but they were facing Mandalorians. So it's not like they are inept, but you are correct that they aren't super advanced killers.

That picture has alot of droids in them. The question is, how many of them are active and combat ready? Probably quite a few, but I doubt all of them are ready.
Also werent those assassins suposed to get stronger against force users? i mean they were trained for that specialy. If i recall correctly from KOTOR II.

Quote:
Well, I haven't played the cut content...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkIJsnLBA4c

It makes it so oh much better
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.