Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

30-54 bracket

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

WickedImage
02.24.2013 , 12:59 AM | #61
Jusy when you think BW can't make things worse than they currently are.......they go and dazzle you all over again with their bizarro logic.
Unbelievable.....I want my money back on the expansion.
Killer: 87% Achiever: 67% Explorer: 27% Socializer: 20%

Glzmo
02.24.2013 , 01:40 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by RobHinkle View Post
Hey gang, let me see if I can bring some clarity to the situation. We do indeed have a new level of "Recruit" that we are bolstering towards, that is based on the new 55 gear. We believe that this bolster level will allow players to complete with any possible gear combination in the 30 - 54 bracket. Obviously we've had a few bumps in the road on PTS regarding current bolster, but we should be getting that fixed up soon (tm), and everyone can get back to the business of PvP.

Thanks for everyone's feedback, not just on this but on everything, it is really helping us make a better game.
On a side note, couldn't you also remove expertise altogether and bolster to the highest gear level to finally make PVP about player skill instead of gear?

Rassuro
02.24.2013 , 03:03 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by RobHinkle View Post
Hey gang, let me see if I can bring some clarity to the situation. We do indeed have a new level of "Recruit" that we are bolstering towards, that is based on the new 55 gear. We believe that this bolster level will allow players to complete with any possible gear combination in the 30 - 54 bracket. Obviously we've had a few bumps in the road on PTS regarding current bolster, but we should be getting that fixed up soon (tm), and everyone can get back to the business of PvP.

Thanks for everyone's feedback, not just on this but on everything, it is really helping us make a better game.
Gear is not the thing I would be worried about in any way, because as you write, you can just use the bolster system for that. Abilities are talents on the other hand would be a big issue.

If you feel like there would be too few players if you made the bracket 50-54, then in my opinion the lowest you can go is 46-54, that way at least everyone who plays in that bracket can go all the way into one of the talent trees.

Please don't screw up lowbie PVP, at the moment it's so good.
Toor, 50 Operative healer | Odaen, 50 Assassin tank | Tiyr, 50 Vanguard tank | Zerofour, 50 Mercenary DPS | The Red Eclipse

DaedalusV
02.24.2013 , 05:57 AM | #64
Yeah, gear and bolster is a minor issue compared to the imbalance introduced by the talent point pool discrepancy and ability disparity.
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Arwyn Sage Blitzkrieger Sentinel Sk'ye Guardian

Yamahara
02.24.2013 , 06:09 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
On a side note, couldn't you also remove expertise altogether and bolster to the highest gear level to finally make PVP about player skill instead of gear?
No, because a lot of us who PvP do not PvE at all. Grinding for the gear from WZs is something to do for those who don't PvE. It isn't about the gear,I was able to roll many fully modded ewhs with WH gear before I got the better gear myself. It still has a lot to do with skill over expertise. Don't be lazy.
Lukewarm Tauntauns Former GM. Currently regstar.

Nephthys

Philastra
02.24.2013 , 10:47 AM | #66
It will be fine with bolster system. The bolster system is busted on PTS atm but when they figure that out get on PTS and test it, Its they only way to know if its agood system or not. So instead of going to PTS and auto lvl to 55 to exploit a bug keep at 50 or bring a lvl 30ish toon over to see.
By reading some of the posts here a lot of them have not even been on PTS or have read the notes in detail, nothing is LIVE yet so if you dont like the new idea get on PTS and test. Say why you don't really think its a good idea in a constructive post without becoming irrational. The Dev's are communicating with us, and they respond much better to factual evidence that the system may need to be changed.
It only takes one candle to scare away the dark, or just hire a Bounty Hunter....

EnzoForMe
02.24.2013 , 11:21 AM | #67
Only devs that don't pvp would think this is a good idea. Pitting level 30a in blues without all their abilities against min/maxed elite war heroes like my guild? Not fun for anyone.
Caprica<Hakuna Matata>
S-3 #1 Grouped Sniper S-2 #1 Solo Gunslinger

Free Transfer/Subscription : http://www.swtor.com/r/7Q7NN6

DarthRaika
02.24.2013 , 12:47 PM | #68
Philastra it is common sense and reading through the lines. From everything I've read the bolster will bring people up to about a recruit lvl. Recruit gear is horrible lol. Furthermore my 50s are aug'd as well and most 30s won't be fully aug'd. It is very very likely that this will be a horrible experience for anyone not in aug wh/ewh. For many of the pugstompers they might enjoy this for awhile but for everyone else it will just be sad.

Also I have a feeling that 10-29 is going to be twink ptech or go home lol.

MadBernieSkills
02.24.2013 , 06:42 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
Bernie....seriously dude ***. What evidence do you have that 30s will be equal to augmented elite wh 54s? I mean seriously!
I have no evidence, just what they said. The argument was about people that are all tricked out at 50. The dev actually posted in this thread that everyone will be boosted to 55. So people that are geared at 50 aren't really going to have an advantage gear wise because everyone will be at 55 blue. Of course, they will have more abilities though.
I guess you could run into a few people that stop at 54 and have fully maxed out 54 gear. Maybe they will put a stop to that somehow.

My guess though is that they have put some thought into this and their plan is better than what we have currently. For example, a level 10 getting smashed by a geared 49.
The only real issue I see is that there won't be enough players in each bracket.

DarthBama
02.24.2013 , 07:02 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
Philastra it is common sense and reading through the lines. From everything I've read the bolster will bring people up to about a recruit lvl. Recruit gear is horrible lol. Furthermore my 50s are aug'd as well and most 30s won't be fully aug'd. It is very very likely that this will be a horrible experience for anyone not in aug wh/ewh. For many of the pugstompers they might enjoy this for awhile but for everyone else it will just be sad.

Also I have a feeling that 10-29 is going to be twink ptech or go home lol.
It sounds like there will be a recruit MK-3 from the Dev post.