Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Clone Wars S05E19 - To Catch A Jedi

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Clone Wars S05E19 - To Catch A Jedi

UndyingImhotep
02.24.2013 , 05:59 PM | #71
I watched the fight between Asoka and the mystery jedi several times and the mystery jedi is not Aurra Sing. Aurra Sing has very long fingers (twice as long as a normal human) and when the mystery jedi uses the force to make noise to distract Asoka you can see that he/she has normal length fingers, not the long ones of Sing. I'm leaning towards Barris as the culprit and think she even might be the apprentice of Palpatine himself....either him or Dooku.

Another thing that comes to mind is, if it is Barras, then this becomes a foreshadowing of the events in Episode 3 where 2 good friends become enemies due to one of them turning to the dark side of the force.

This is just a thought and I could be totally off base. No matter how it turns out, the finale of this season is going to be a good one....too bad I can see it till Sunday night as I'm out of town next weekend for a Warhammer 40k tourney.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

BradTheImpaler
02.24.2013 , 06:17 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
Its gotta be Barriss
More like it cannot be Barriss. That's about as likely as her being the one who removed data on Kamino from the Jedi Archives.

Seriously, check out the EU stuff on Barriss, which is canon acknowledged in the movies (mentioned by Mace Windu in Episode 2 specifically) before you make absurd judgements of her character.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

YoshiRaphElan
02.24.2013 , 08:39 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by BradTheImpaler View Post
More like it cannot be Barriss. That's about as likely as her being the one who removed data on Kamino from the Jedi Archives.

Seriously, check out the EU stuff on Barriss, which is canon acknowledged in the movies (mentioned by Mace Windu in Episode 2 specifically) before you make absurd judgements of her character.
Clone Wars overwrites EU all the time, and the pre-Clone Wars EU won't be affected. It didn't say the attacker was a dark side user, just that they were against the war, which Barriss very well could be (of course, that would overwrite some of my favorite EU novels, the MedStar duology).

Eillack
02.24.2013 , 10:48 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
? of course its Barris Offee
It's obvious it's her haha. The body type is the same exaxly.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

TheBBP
02.25.2013 , 12:10 AM | #75
It seems to me that every time they get away from clones fighting droids that this show gets amazing.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

TheBBP
02.25.2013 , 12:14 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
It's obvious it's her haha. The body type is the same exaxly.
I wonder if someone has been training her or if she just got all dark and aggressive on her own?
The Ebon Hawk

TheBBP
02.25.2013 , 12:21 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Djstingable View Post
I'm happy I sparked the idea of Aurra Sing into many people's minds.
But yeah there is the problem of hair and antenna, which I guess could be cut and what not, but I think it would lead to a whole flashback scene to Aurra Sing about her life, like we got with Ventress in the Nightsisters Arc. And then they will end her character by putting her in jail, or (retcon) kill her.
I sort of have a feeling that the writers want to make it easy for themselves and just put a flashback scene for Bariss, and end a character that they created, I'm also surprised at the lack of Luminara Undili we are getting, she is Bariss' master right? Then again it could be anyone, or a new character, or some terrorist organization, or whoever the main female role of 1313 (if there is one.) ANYONE COULD BE IT.
But if it is Aurra I'm just gonna be like "CALLED IT CALLED IT CALLED IT." the entire episode shouting at my T.V.
Hope we get some more theories here, since it's basically just Aurra/Bariss/Ventress's Lightsaber Owner Lady/Random Character.

Quote: Originally Posted by UndyingImhotep View Post
I watched the fight between Asoka and the mystery jedi several times and the mystery jedi is not Aurra Sing. Aurra Sing has very long fingers (twice as long as a normal human) and when the mystery jedi uses the force to make noise to distract Asoka you can see that he/she has normal length fingers, not the long ones of Sing.
I have to agree with Imhotep. Sing's body/fingers/head does not match that of the mysterious Jedi. I don't think that you are going to get your victory lap Djsting.
The Ebon Hawk

Djstingable
02.25.2013 , 02:32 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
I have to agree with Imhotep. Sing's body/fingers/head does not match that of the mysterious Jedi. I don't think that you are going to get your victory lap Djsting.
Yeah, rewatching the fight scene today, the body type doesn't really match, it would still be an awesome twist if it was her. And now I begin to wonder what the heck Luminara was doing while Bariss was talking to Ahsoka and when she went to attack Ahsoka (if she did). Quite the mystery I wish they didn't make it a feminine character so it could just be Maul and we could know what happens to him after he starts serving Palpatine.
The Frost Legacy
Saf'ire - Scoundrel ** Kal'dur - Commando ** Azaifelay - Guardian
Plat'inum - Sniper ** Sea'crest - Assassin ** Cor'vo - Powertech

Darth__Carnal
02.25.2013 , 06:14 AM | #79
5 REASONS IT IS BARRISS...

WHO INFILTRATED THE PRISON ?
1. When Tarkin is walking with Anakin and Ahsoka, Barriss looks nervous, when Tarkin explains the prisoner is going to be moved from the Jedi Temple to a new prison facility. This gave Barriss a heads up on Letta's whereabouts. Barris realized at that moment she will need to figure out a way to break in. Why ? Because Letta would sooner or later snitch. To avoid this, Barriss went into the prison with the intentions of killing Letta. It would of been easier killing Letta inside the Jedi Temple, but Tarkin threw a monkey wrench in her plan and now Barriss needed to move quickly.

WHO DROPPED THE KEY CARD ?
2. After killing Letta in a rather sloppy manner, Barriss realized she would need to get the attention off her. Many people wouldn't believe Ahsoka would murder someone. So Barriss needed to find a way to change people's minds. Barriss would assist Ahsoka in escaping and use her as a smoke screen to get the attention off her. Barriss would drop the keycard, and kill the guards framing Ahsoka.

WHY HELP AHSOKA ?
3. Realizing that Ahsoka proved far more difficult to capture then she originally thought, Barriss needed to find a way to continually keep the attention off her and on Ahsoka. She would lead her to the nanodroids, and then lead security forces to the area so that the link between the nanodroids and Ahsoka was made. So even if Ahsoka escaped, she would never be able to clear her name.

HOW IS BARRISS SO OVERPOWERED ?
4. First off, Barriss is not overpowered, but what makes you think Barriss is weak ?

Barriss is in the same age group as Ahsoka, and in a lot of ways far more mentally focused. Barriss at one point, "memorized all 200 junctions of a Geonosis hive, because her master told her too". Ahsoka doesn't have that type of focus and would of laughed in Anakin's face if he asked her to do it.

Having the mental fortitude to study a lightsaber style, and practice again and again and again and again, is not something that really is hard for a person like Barriss.

But can she beat Ahsoka in a duel ? Yes. ABSOLUTELY ! Why ? Because to kick ***** as a Jedi, has nothing to do with physical ability. It has to do with your level of focus. Clearing your mind, concentrating, and having the confidence to follow through. Three things that Ahsoka is not able to do at the moment.

Barriss was rested, focused, and ready to do what needed to be done.
Ahsoka was tired, scared, confused, or as she puts it, "Off her game.." because of the stress she was under.

Barriss, being the more disciplined one, made the decision early on that she would have to be ready to kill clones, frame friends, and tarnish the name of the Jedi forever in order to win. Ahsoka is still trying to wrap her head around the first one.

WHY DID BARRISS GO TO THE DARKSIDE ?
5. A bit of foreshadowing was mentioned in "Sabotage", that all Jedi have political ideals and see the Jedi Order involved in the war in a lot of different ways.

For Barriss, she hates the idea that the Jedi are involved in the war. She feels that the Clone Wars is hurting the reputation of the Order, and that the Jedi are losing their focus as peace keepers. Barriss, like Anakin, and Tarkin believe that the Jedi are not able to do what needs to be done to end the war because of their principles.

With no end to the war, Barris goal is simple.

To make the Senate and the Republic believe that the Jedi Order should be removed from Military Actions. With the Jedi Order removed from power, the Republic can take the gloves off and end the war. That sounds a lot like Tarkin, and that's because it is. However Tarkin and Barriss are not working together, and have completely different goals. Tarkin wants to consolidate all power underneath him and get the Jedi out of his territory, because he enjoys being in charge.

Barriss doesn't want power or to be in charge. She just wants the Jedi to go back to their roots as peace keepers and pacifists, and not be involved in Republic politics and military matters.

To do that, she will become focused and do whatever it takes to win.
☾▓║]!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀║▩▓[██████████▓▒░Surrender to Temptation░▒▓███████████)

SNCommand
02.25.2013 , 06:29 AM | #80
The idea of jedi dissidents, even those falling to the dark side is not an especially new idea, several even joined the Confederacy
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.