Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Clone Wars S05E19 - To Catch A Jedi

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Clone Wars S05E19 - To Catch A Jedi

Spartanik
02.24.2013 , 11:19 AM | #61
Quote:
And if the Star Wars franchise prides itself on anything, its good storytelling.
debatable. I would say it has its moments no doubt.
while it prides it self for it. Not always is done nicely.

Im certain Ashoka cought her and she was arrested during the assassination atempt of padmé on nabboo.
Im also under the impression it was well after the senate hostage situation with cad bane.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Beniboybling
02.24.2013 , 11:40 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
Could be Aurra Sing, but I doubt it, not the right height, the dark jedi is at Ahsoka's heigth, not to mention Aurra's hair and antenna would make wearing the hooded robe difficult
Ack, that is true... however believe it or not according to Wookieepedia (with sources) Ashoka and Sing are roughly the same height - around 1.7 meters tall, and hair can be cut and antenna retracted. Looking at the fight again the gear the 'Jedi' is wearing is not the same as Barriss wears (minus hood and dress) as I first suspected. Not that that means much. Also this 'Jedi' has no lightsabers until she takes Ventress, Offee kept her lightsaber on her belt. And also, how did Barriss now about Ventress? She must have someone else on the inside, perhaps a clone or something...

However what I did notice is this 'Jedi' is extremely fast, agile and flexible. Those are Mirialan traits and as we know, Unduli was extremely proficient in using them - Barriss was also known for being skilled in acrobatics. And Barriss is the same height as Ashoka.

I'm starting to draw away from the likelihood of Sing and move closer to Barriss... but I reckon if it is her Offee has turned to the dark side and is a lot more crafty and cunning than we originally thought her to be. Still, it doesn't quite match up... Barriss looked guilty in anything in the first installment of this arc, yet this 'Jedi' seems anything but remorseful. And Barriss is known for being peaceable, loyal and selfless - watch she is doing is none of those things.

Beniboybling
02.24.2013 , 11:41 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
Im certain Ashoka cought her and she was arrested during the assassination atempt of padmé on nabboo.
Im also under the impression it was well after the senate hostage situation with cad bane.
*shrug* Wookieepedia places events in a different order and TCW mixes the order up alot in the series. And if she was in prison, maybe Sidious helped her escape? And then gave her the job?

Spartanik
02.24.2013 , 11:45 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
*shrug* Wookieepedia places events in a different order and TCW mixes the order up alot in the series. And if she was in prison, maybe Sidious helped her escape? And then gave her the job?
Im aware of that still. wouldnt it mean that nothing will happen to ashoka after all?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Beniboybling
02.24.2013 , 11:48 AM | #65
Im aware of that still. wouldnt it mean that nothing will happen to ashoka after all?
What do you mean? That the job was just the attack on the Jedi Temple? I think it went a lot further than that, I think Sidious planned to frame Ashoka for it and force the Jedi Council to have her executed or exiled.

SNCommand
02.24.2013 , 11:49 AM | #66
There is a danger yes that the show will return to status quo after this arch was over

Pity, I was hoping this would lead to serious changes

But we haven't seen the end yet, until then I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for big things to happen
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

Beniboybling
02.24.2013 , 11:56 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
There is a danger yes that the show will return to status quo after this arch was over

Pity, I was hoping this would lead to serious changes

But we haven't seen the end yet, until then I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for big things to happen
Don't call it too soon. And even if not now, something bad will happen to Ashoka soon. I mean think about it, Ashoka is not present by the time of Revenge of the Sith, and Ashoka poses an obstacle for Sidious in his plans to turn Anakin to the dark side. Sidious would also see the benefits of having something happen to Ashoka to make Anakin more angry, emotional etc. and easier to turn. Basically, its in Sidious' interests to kill Ashoka. And Sidious rarely fails.

And going back to the status quo is becoming increasingly difficult. Tarkin is opposed to her, tensions are building between her and the Council, she's be seen with Ventress, she's become recognised as a wanted criminal all over Coruscant, and a rift is opening up between her and Anakin. Even if Ashoka proves her innocence, nothing will be the same again.

I also recall Filoni saying that this will be a major turning point in Ashoka's life. I don't think she's going to die, but her life will change irrevocably. I reckon this episode will end with Ashoka's exile, and then she will go to Lux Bonteri - lots of lovey dovey stuff and then who knows... maybe an alliance with Ventress?

Jonoku
02.24.2013 , 01:15 PM | #68
Its gotta be Barriss
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

Selenial
02.24.2013 , 04:03 PM | #69
Just seen the episode 20 preview...
Told you it was a courthouse beni :P
Looks like Ashoka gets trialed by the Jedi, then the court, maybe the military decided the Jedi ruling was biased... Can't wait for the new episode
The wait is too long!
I think I'm gonna bet aura sing, she has motives, she hates Ashoka with a passion...
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Djstingable
02.24.2013 , 05:46 PM | #70
I'm happy I sparked the idea of Aurra Sing into many people's minds.
But yeah there is the problem of hair and antenna, which I guess could be cut and what not, but I think it would lead to a whole flashback scene to Aurra Sing about her life, like we got with Ventress in the Nightsisters Arc. And then they will end her character by putting her in jail, or (retcon) kill her.
I sort of have a feeling that the writers want to make it easy for themselves and just put a flashback scene for Bariss, and end a character that they created, I'm also surprised at the lack of Luminara Undili we are getting, she is Bariss' master right? Then again it could be anyone, or a new character, or some terrorist organization, or whoever the main female role of 1313 (if there is one.) ANYONE COULD BE IT.
But if it is Aurra I'm just gonna be like "CALLED IT CALLED IT CALLED IT." the entire episode shouting at my T.V.
Hope we get some more theories here, since it's basically just Aurra/Bariss/Ventress's Lightsaber Owner Lady/Random Character.
The Frost Legacy
Saf'ire - Scoundrel ** Kal'dur - Commando ** Azaifelay - Guardian
Plat'inum - Sniper ** Sea'crest - Assassin ** Cor'vo - Powertech