Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Heroic Space Missions in 2.0

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fubarq
02.22.2013 , 09:45 PM | #1
What will they drop? Still just BH comms? It would seem that doing those missions would be a lot less valuable unless they upgrade the rewards to help with the new gear.

Mugen_no_Jidai
02.22.2013 , 11:54 PM | #2
That and if you can't exchange space comms for gambling crafting boxes (the highest tier), there won't be much reason to do them either.

Fubarq
02.23.2013 , 08:34 AM | #3
Exactly. I think this is really important. I love the space missions but I don't do them simply because I love them. I do them because they give me another avenue to get gear and also to make credits (Tier 8 boxes for stabilizers, which you can sell for great money). If they suddenly go from rewarding near the top tier to rewarding pure obsolescence, they will have been completely neutered. Considering that they were only introduced in 1.6, that will be really sad.

Unless, of course, new missions are released, but I imagine that that is too much to expect. Has anyone who has played 2.0 on the PTS checked this out?

Doctoglethorpe
02.23.2013 , 09:50 AM | #4
They actually drop quite a lot now, a few classic coms, a few basic coms, 2 elite coms, and still the 40 fleet coms, blue trophy and same credit amount.

My memory is slighty spotty though, I might be wrong about either the basic or classic coms, I know you get at least one of them pretty sure you get both.

Either way, they are actually worth more now in terms of gearing. Less credit value if they don't add a grade 9 mat box to the fleet vendor (they haven't yet) since stab prices are dropping.

Fubarq
02.23.2013 , 09:57 AM | #5
Thanks very much for the response Doctoglethorpe. That's really good news that at least the gearing comm rewards have been pushed forward. Appreciate the input!!!

Mugen_no_Jidai
02.23.2013 , 05:42 PM | #6
I asked Dulfy if there were any new material boxes on the fleet vendor, and the answer was a negative. Looks like there's currently no point in saving up space comms in anticipation of 2.0, as I've been doing for several weeks. Guess I'll stop doing space missions entirely until the patch, then. Space missions might still give rewards worth doing in 2.0, but the space comms themselves have become effectively worthless. I hope that this will be changed.

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/22/swtor-co...ment-809745296

revan_worshipper
02.23.2013 , 07:47 PM | #7
Well this is PTS so its all subject to change. The way I see it either there's something new that you will be able to get with the fleet commendations, or they become worthless after he patch. Either way, you want to get what you can now. It's just a matter of should you spend them on grade 8 boxes while they're still valuable, or save them up for the potential of something new in the future?
∞[█╣╣╣╣▀▀()▀▀]Ξ{███████████████████████████████████████)

Smuglebunny
02.23.2013 , 08:19 PM | #8
Wait? A human has completed the new space missions? Shocking. I bet I could beat them If I had lvl 25 parts. Only have lvl 7 now.

revan_worshipper
02.23.2013 , 10:57 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Smuglebunny View Post
Wait? A human has completed the new space missions? Shocking. I bet I could beat them If I had lvl 25 parts. Only have lvl 7 now.
They aren't that hard. It definitely takes a few wipes to learn the mechanics; but, once you know them, it goes the same way every time. I would recommend the Nefash's Pilot Training School website. It really helped me nail the missions I was still struggling with.
∞[█╣╣╣╣▀▀()▀▀]Ξ{███████████████████████████████████████)

JSunrider
02.24.2013 , 03:44 PM | #10
Even the ones I find the most difficult (station defense by far, station assault to a lesser extent) are totally clearable. My favorite part about the heroic ship missions is that the two easiest missions are the weekly.