Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tionese/Columi/Rakata Sets post 2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Tionese/Columi/Rakata Sets post 2.0

Darth_Shion
02.24.2013 , 06:12 AM | #1
Hi, with the new patch 2.0 everyone has seen how the Tionese, Columi and Rakata sets are removed. While its obvious that progression to a higher level cap demands better gear. I find sad that such nice looking sets will be forever lost.

My suggestion is to add a "Vintage equipment" trader that could sell the sets, or empty shells for classic commendations or planetary ones if you want. Another option would be to add them to the cartel market (then both sides can wear sets from the other side, like a jedi sage with sith inquisitor tionese gear for example), or place a vendor selling boxes of empty orange schematics, like the battlemaster ones so people still has the option to wear such nice looking sets.

This also contributes to a great diversity on high level player characters, otherwise everybody will look the same, like droids.

If you agree with this idea, please don't be shy and post a reply showing support to this idea. Better gear is nice, but there is no need to "sacrifice" old gear in the process.

Larity
02.24.2013 , 07:23 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Shion View Post

This also contributes to a great diversity on high level player characters, otherwise everybody will look the same, like droids.

You do know that most armorings now have a set bonus attached to them and with that most people do not look the same

Darth_Shion
02.26.2013 , 01:50 PM | #3
Yes, I'm aware of that, but just do this math, each class has 2 different looking armors for each tier, multiply 2 by the 3 tiers, and you have 6, 6 unique outfits are vanishing in 2.0, and that's for just 1 class. Now multiply that by 4 base classes, 24 unique outfits are going to vanish... only in one side of the game. So, now multiply that 24 by 2 sides in the game...

48 unique outfits are going to vanish in total (and I'm not counting outfits that look the same like force-master an force-mystic ones, I'm talking about force-master and stalker, different looking ones)

And I'm not counting the crystals, cyan/purple, say goodbye to them. Same goes with black-red/black-blue

Hyfy
02.26.2013 , 03:11 PM | #4
With the crystals I did see yesterday or today (memory is shot right now) that the crystals will become drops in the new HM's so they aren't necessarily going bye bye.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

Darth_Shion
02.26.2013 , 04:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
With the crystals I did see yesterday or today (memory is shot right now) that the crystals will become drops in the new HM's so they aren't necessarily going bye bye.
Really? Well those are excellent news indeed! If you see any of those crystals again could you confirm it or post a picture?

Milandur
02.26.2013 , 05:18 PM | #6
I support this suggestion. Up to this point, I don't believe there has been any style of model or gear rendered completely unobtainable except for the stuff from the Grand Acquisitions Race. Discontinued pets, vehicles, and crystals are all available on the GTN. I understand the need to clean up the number of vendors and vendor items on the fleet, but I think it would be well worth the investment to make some way of crafting the armor sets. Perhaps one could make the new schematics require levels 50, 52, and 54 to retain the emphasis on PvE progress?

BenKatarn
02.26.2013 , 05:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
They mentioned that Black-Red and Black-Blue will drop in Scum and Villainy, SM and HM. I saw nothing regarding Cyan and Purple though.

Anyway, glad to see I am not the only one who wants to preserve Tionese to Rakata sets.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Olicc
02.26.2013 , 07:00 PM | #8
I'm not against crafters being able to make these shells but as is, it is a benefit to loyal members to make them not accessible to newer players. For example, you could keep your rakata shells and put the mods from your Arkadian gear inside it and you would have a unique look that new player's couldn't copy. My trooper has a set of the old battle master shells that were discontinued after War Hero and Elite War Hero replaced them as the top tier gear, and I've replaced the mods within them with lvl 27 mods. The end result is my trooper looks different than almost everyone else and even if they wanted to, many people can't copy me because its too late to get those shells. Even most people who were around in the days of battlemaster gear no longer have the shells because they deleted them in favor of the newer gear which was fresh and different at the time.

Consider it a badge of honor that you were around to have a set of Rakata. Six months from now you will start getting tells from people who have never seen it and wanting to know where you got it.

If you do make it craftable, the schematics should be harder to get than just buying them at vendors or the value will be lost. Maybe each schematic piece could be a possible return from top tier purple/rich grade scavenger missions or drops from the lower level operation bosses.
Olicc / Noah
"The Rahzurr Legacy"
Guild Leader
Dominus Nihil

venomlash
02.27.2013 , 10:48 AM | #9
I think they should add vendors that sell schematic boxes that allow people to craft empty orange versions of these armors, kind of like what they did with Battlemaster/War Hero.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

Spamfritter
02.27.2013 , 11:40 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Shion View Post
Hi, with the new patch 2.0 everyone has seen how the Tionese, Columi and Rakata sets are removed. While its obvious that progression to a higher level cap demands better gear. I find sad that such nice looking sets will be forever lost.

My suggestion is to add a "Vintage equipment" trader that could sell the sets, or empty shells for classic commendations or planetary ones if you want. Another option would be to add them to the cartel market (then both sides can wear sets from the other side, like a jedi sage with sith inquisitor tionese gear for example), or place a vendor selling boxes of empty orange schematics, like the battlemaster ones so people still has the option to wear such nice looking sets.

If you agree with this idea, please don't be shy and post a reply showing support to this idea. Better gear is nice, but there is no need to "sacrifice" old gear in the process.
First off, they aren't unique looking sets. Tionese, Columi and Rakata look identical to one another aside from coloring. And they aren't good looking. Almost none of the level 50+ gear looks good and that's not changing in the 2.0 patch.

They will most likely do what they did with Battlemaster Gear and make the shells orange synthweaving patterns so if you like that look, you can obtain it. I prefer the Battlemaster Gear of the Sith Warrior to any PvP gear that came after it. I bought the orange gear off the GTN and now I've got my complete set , moving my War Hero armoring and mods into it. We also do not know if they'll still give away tionese gear at level 50. They may choose to continue the practice as it's good enough to allow you to complete all the level 50 HM flashpoints. This will include Lost Island as they are making it less difficult in the update. It will no longer be a second tier of Flashpoint. It's now with the others.

Also, if you have this gear now, then you are good to go. You can keep it and move your armorings and mods into it. Set bonuses go with the armor pieces and not the shells. The only way this changes is if you had gear prior to I think 1.3 which had it on the shells and not the armorings. With the drop rate of Columi and Tionese commendations in current flashpoints, getting a set of this gear should be easy.

As for crystals, don't worry. They'll probably either make them craftable patterns for artifice or they'll get dropped in flashpoints or Operations. As it is black orange and black purple drop in EC and TFB HM's. I imagine they'll continue or expand this practice in the 2.0 update.
CE VIP