Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Clone Wars S05E18 The Jedi Who Knew Too Much

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Clone Wars S05E18 The Jedi Who Knew Too Much

Spartanik's Avatar


Spartanik
02.23.2013 , 06:32 PM | #101
Quote:
If Tarkin could not show the surveillance camera record during the escape and the sound during the interrogation then there's clearly something going on. It's not the Empire era yet, nor was Tarkin the sole leader of the military, he was not such figure even in the Empire era.
it was only the Grand Moff..... it actualy was a big figure. A huge one.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.23.2013 , 06:32 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
So it's his responsibility to show the evidence. If Tarkin could not show the surveillance camera record during the escape and the sound during the interrogation then there's clearly something going on. It's not the Empire era yet, nor was Tarkin the sole leader of the military, he was not such figure even in the Empire era. The Senate and the Chancellor could all be used against him.
Oh but it is, Sidious is giving more and more power to the military in the name of 'security' - at this point the Republic is half way to becoming a military state, the military have more power than the Jedi, and they can do what they want. And by this stage Tarkin is becoming Sidious' personal protege, Sidious made many of his 'friends' who would later become the leaders of the Empire, during the Republic era - Tarkin, who is now an Admiral, is the chief of these. He and the Chancellor and likely working together.

But of course they'll show evidence, it will just be faked. The Jedi don't have enough power to challenge the legitimacy of it. Although its clear that they're not completely convinced.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
02.23.2013 , 06:33 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
it was only the Grand Moff.....
Grand Moff is below the 13 Grand Admirals.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
02.23.2013 , 06:36 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Oh but it is, Sidious is giving more and more power to the military in the name of 'security' - at this point the Republic is half way to becoming a military state, the military have more power than the Jedi, and they can do what they want. And by this stage Tarkin is becoming Sidious' personal protege, Sidious made many of his 'friends' who would later become the leaders of the Empire, during the Republic era - Tarkin, who is now an Admiral, is the chief of these. He and the Chancellor and likely working together.

But of course they'll show evidence, it will just be faked. The Jedi don't have enough power to challenge the legitimacy of it. Although its clear that they're not completely convinced.
Not yet, the Senate was still there and Palpatine was still the Chancellor rather than the Emperor. Even in the Empire era, he's not some personal protege. Tarkin was below the 13 Grand Admirals.

If they could show fake evidence Tarkin would not say "the sound doesn't work".

Spartanik's Avatar


Spartanik
02.23.2013 , 07:23 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Not yet, the Senate was still there and Palpatine was still the Chancellor rather than the Emperor. Even in the Empire era, he's not some personal protege. Tarkin was below the 13 Grand Admirals.

If they could show fake evidence Tarkin would not say "the sound doesn't work".
The senate?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MHusGl9BeM

Grand moff was still huge considering it was apointed directly by the emperor to oversee territories. so protegé still fits very well.
And in the case of tarkin, not only he had several territories over his control more then any other grand moff he also had the deathstar in his control.
wich pretty much makes him in a position of huge power and responsability.
His apearence and role in the movie is actualy enough to warrant his importance
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
02.23.2013 , 07:42 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
The senate?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MHusGl9BeM

Grand moff was still huge considering it was apointed directly by the emperor to oversee territories. so protegé still fits very well.
And in the case of tarkin, not only he had several territories over his control more then any other grand moff he also had the deathstar in his control.
wich pretty much makes him in a position of huge power and responsability.
His apearence and role in the movie is actualy enough to warrant his importance
The Senate still worked, even Sidious had to record part of his conversation with the Jedi Masters and show it to the Senate to prove Jedi's treason.

Well this is not the Empire Era yet, so Tarkin has even lower position, it's not like he could easily sway the Jedi off.

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
02.25.2013 , 12:09 AM | #107
Disregard.
REPUBLIC TROOPERS
Crosswire - Heavy GunnerElíta-one - Combat Medic
Canonball - Pointman

Ebon Hawk