Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 Skill trees

Krayshawn
02.22.2013 , 11:06 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by CristChiLu View Post
I'd assume if your out of range the speed proc because of damage affected it wouldn't kick it...or maybe it would like the armor set bonuses.
Exactly it is very vague, "When your guarded target is attacked, your movement speed is increased by 30% for 6 seconds."
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant

Icebergy
02.22.2013 , 12:36 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Icemerlin View Post
I don't understand why Bioware hates hybrid specs so much...and my smasher is only level 21...can anyone say if 2.0 will make smashers meh?
If they hated hybrids, they wouldn't have forced me to tank as a hybrid for the last 10 months.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Bronaimeth
02.22.2013 , 03:09 PM | #23
If anyone was curious Sages still get instant force lift, you just have to play the better than balance, hybrid.

TalonKorr
02.22.2013 , 03:35 PM | #24
I just don't see it (Expeditious Protector) having much use. It's two points that could be used elsewhere. %30 movement speed isn't that amazing of a movement speed increase, and if you're CC'd in any fashion it's totally wasted talents. One thing I am glad about, the Vigi tank build and people who spec that way claiming its actually a tank build will be gone.

Also my mixed feelings about Guard and Thrust are related to this. Riposte is great, can't miss, now has a bonus crit talent, hits like a truck in the current build, and increases my defense. With Saber Ward up, it'll constantly be in use, so why not reduce its CD by a further 3 seconds? Because that talent will only be effective when Saber Ward is up. I'd rather have a static bonus elsewhere if you catch my drift, I'm not a fan of situational talents, I like to have full effect of all my talents. If putting points in Accuracy allows me to work accuracy out of my gear so I can stack more defensive stats, I'll end up stick with that.

@Rhigus, yeah, it doesn't take much to put a build together for the sole purpose of Huttball, but I also can see a skilled team stunning you when switching to squishy mode and pushing your **** in. Have to see what happens.
Flak / <Lethal Dose Fifty> / <LD-Fifty> - Jedi Covenant - Juggernaut
Retired: Adrams/Feesh/Cates/Grisha/Scuf/Michaleen

JowyyKazza
02.22.2013 , 05:17 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronaimeth View Post
If anyone was curious Sages still get instant force lift, you just have to play the better than balance, hybrid.
i thought at least from the pts talent calculator that the balance side only say 0.50 seconds off, and that the telek side was the same for a 1 second total reduction, but i cant transfer my sage over to test it and on my shadow the balance side is listed as 0.60 reduction and not 0.50, so im not sure now, but if sages still get instant lift then thats gonna nice i guess

i was using the pts talent calcy to figure out a spec, i came up with http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20 but i dunno how itll play out, seems good on paper
Jowyykazza of Valcyn/SWG
Jowyy of Canderous Ordo
I operate the fans.....OR WAS I PUSHED?!

Bronaimeth
02.22.2013 , 10:34 PM | #26
Sorry yeah, it'd be down to a 1 second cast, as a dps sage it's not even worth putting the talents there. So I'll be doing 16 into balance the rest into telekinetics.

Bronaimeth
02.22.2013 , 10:38 PM | #27
http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20

This will be one of the best pvp dps sage specs out there, bar full telekinetics becoming complete faceroll with the alacrity changes.

Icebergy
02.23.2013 , 06:08 PM | #28
The 2.0 Guardian PvE tanking build will, imo, be: http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20

I put one point in Battlefield Command and one point in Guard and Thrust because I still have not decided which I like better, they both seem a little meh at first glance.

But overall I am very happy with the changes Bioware made to Defense to actually make it worth using.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Fallenturtle
02.23.2013 , 07:04 PM | #29
What I might be using on garak for both pvp and pve.. http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...3200100&ver=20

Right now concealment is in no real good shape on the test server in terms of effective damage. CG now hits 5 targets and no longer has a cool down. You can cull more thanks to the new shiv talent, the roll is amazing, you have better survivability with new shield probe, and when you roll you can proc our now uber heal+hot. Also, you have almost a permanent 50% movement speed with Hit and Run.

I'm hoping that concealment is brought somewhat in line in the next pts update tho. makes me rather sad that they have neutered the spec that I love into the ground and forcing us to play "dot and run"
The Drakenhoff Legacy.
<Assimilation>/<Working as intended>
<Jedi Covenant>
In Domus De Aurum Et Ossuim Resistance is futile.