Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Assasin tank in 2.0

Biggreen
02.23.2013 , 05:18 PM | #1
Bioware you kidding? Assassin always was a thisnnest tank -now lets look to stats change in 2.0 :
1. Damage reduction - 40% to 28%!!!!\
2. Defence - 28% to 20%
3. Shield chance (without dark ward) - 52% to 41%
4 Absorbtion rating - 58% to 41%
5. HP - 27k to 30k (only 1 positive change)
??? this stats in blackhole dreadguard mix -assassins always was a baddest tanks and you decided kill it finally ?
ty bioware.. and i will not pay next subsciption...
P.S And btw next set look is terrible as always -i see "huge" love to assassins from bioware -you killed tank assassins ty

periphelion
02.23.2013 , 06:54 PM | #2
This happened to all tanks... all stats have their formulas tweaked. Seriously, get a clue before complaining.

midakg
02.24.2013 , 07:28 AM | #3
Mate, that happened to all of us, jugg tanks also, our stats are now on level 45

Eternalnight
02.24.2013 , 07:42 AM | #4
And the changes are mostly to the stats gained from gear. This means that anything gained talents/skills/buffs became is now even bigger part of your overall numbers so they became more valuable, so assassin might actually be the ones who suffer the least from these changes.

NotRonin
02.24.2013 , 08:00 AM | #5
The problem doesn't come from the decrease in stat, but from the mob you're facing.

Many trash mobs in HM FP now have double attacks. When you're tanking a group of 5 adds, your dark ward last 2 seconds. When I did Cademimu, I took < 900 dps for the boss (with over 200 self heal), so for boss fights we're fine. For the trash mobs, I took around 2k dps @_@ when there were 5 mobs hitting me, and this is when I blew my cooldown.

Mobs with multiple attacks really destroys Assassin tanks, and they're everywhere now.

Eternalnight
02.24.2013 , 08:06 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Biggreen View Post
??? this stats in blackhole dreadguard mix
And you are wearing the old gear, and still expect to see the same/greater numbers? Silly you.

I would expect to see lower numbers even with the new gear from the new operations, since that is going to be the first and lowest tier of level 55 raid gear, so you should not expect to see anywhere near as high percentages even with that as we had with the last and highest tier of level 50 raid gear.

If we had the same numbers as now, before we even start the first new operation, there would not be any room to further increase our stats in the other level 55 operations that they will add later that will include new even higher gear tiers.

Taleek
02.24.2013 , 08:20 PM | #7
First, shadows were NOT the weakest tanks, period. Second, this happened to all of us, and given Dark Ward/Kin Ward, you're much better off on the shield chance front than the rest of us. The armor rating could probably use some boosting, but one: that's what PTS is for, and 2: shadow tanks have never been about their armor rating. You also seem to forget that damage reduction is vs opponent of current level. When your level goes up, your DR goes down, until you upgrade your armor. Upgrade your armor and then come talk...
*insert witty retort that will become someone's signature*- Kitty Prawn
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=347245
.- Never forget.
"DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Nerdcommando
02.25.2013 , 01:23 PM | #8
You forgot the +2% to healing recieved and the +5% healing pool. For those of you confused on how to use this. Drop and move the boss, swap and run to heals and back, etc. Utilizing this pool is important.
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy. - Steven Wright

Corran
02.25.2013 , 04:12 PM | #9
seems a really easy fix for dark ward - make it so you can't lose more than one charge per second. that 'other' game did the same thing to bone armor for it's...um...knights. you know...
"No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect." - Corran Horn
http://www.twitch.tv/dixa1

Biggreen
02.25.2013 , 05:44 PM | #10
Ok you all say that nerf touched all tanks - so why my powertech tank dropped from 50% damage reduction to 48%. and my assassin tank from 40 % to 28%??? same nerf? you kidding?
P.S And new assassin set? you really kidding me? it f..ng damn goblin look =(
My statement stay -global nerf of assasins