Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shields now work against enegy/kinetic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Shields now work against enegy/kinetic

United_Strafes
02.23.2013 , 02:07 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Incoming: Tank classes actually wearing tank gear and being very tough to kill.

Also incoming: DPS specs favoring internal/elemental damage if possible.

Very nice change, only took them a year to do it.
Incoming same noob specs being tanks AND having huge DPS, yep that's something to look foreward to.

ArchangelLBC
02.23.2013 , 02:39 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by United_Strafes View Post
Incoming same noob specs being tanks AND having huge DPS, yep that's something to look foreward to.
Except just using a shield drops your Force/Tech damage because shields have a lower amount of Force/Tech power on them than a Focus or Generator.

Second if you want to get any real use out of that shield you have to a) be in tank spec, b) gear for it. Hell half the reason kinetic shadows bothered to get DPS gear at all was because of how worthless their biggest part of mitigation (shield) was in PVP.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Tankqull
02.23.2013 , 02:43 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Except just using a shield drops your Force/Tech damage because shields have a lower amount of Force/Tech power on them than a Focus or Generator.
due to dimnishing returns the difference is not that much - shields with the new mechanic out perfom fokis by far then.

Eldriq
02.23.2013 , 03:51 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Tankqull View Post
due to dimnishing returns the difference is not that much - shields with the new mechanic out perfom fokis by far then.
This ^^^^ we will have to see if losing some damage will be worth the mitigation that the shield brings, my guess you will see a lot of pure dps people giving a little to get the additional survivability. But really along with the Alacrity we will have to see how the numbers look
El'drik - Sorcerer- War Hero - Harbinger Server Care Bear/White Knight
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. Friedrich Nietzsche

TheRampage
02.23.2013 , 04:43 PM | #35
Nice. Month ago I finally gave up on my vanguard tank, too much pain not much gain, rerolled dps (and having time of my life in PVP ), but I'm definetly going back to tank. I love tank, I want it usable in pvp more then now.