Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Darth Malgus vs Darth Sideous


Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.23.2013 , 04:10 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
Well i think is a sort of darkside of nerd culture that could well pass without. It can become very petty and inconsequent. Wich is ridiculous. Mainly because one can very easly lose perspective and forget what realy matters.

The "love" for Palpatine is mainly in my opinion because of Ian Mcdiarmid , specialy his performance in the prequels, wich gave palpatine a new light.
Ian Mcdiarmid was awesome!
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Galvetyce's Avatar


Galvetyce
02.26.2013 , 08:05 PM | #82
Darth Sideous is incredibly cunning and knowledgeable in the force but going of of sheer charisma and sword fighting skill I believe Darth Malgus takes the title if they were to duel in a lightsaber battle

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.26.2013 , 08:13 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Galvetyce View Post
Darth Sideous is incredibly cunning and knowledgeable in the force but going of of sheer charisma and sword fighting skill I believe Darth Malgus takes the title if they were to duel in a lightsaber battle
No even in a saber duel, Malgus is still loses. Sidious holds all the cards here.

Infact, I am shocked that this has gone on for 9 pages...I really am shocked, this is just ridiculous.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Oxades's Avatar


Oxades
03.01.2013 , 10:01 AM | #84
I find it strange that no one has pointed out that in a straight up lightsabre duel Mace Windu (a combat machine like Malgus) beat Darth Sideous. Now it can be argued that Mace only won because he used Vaapad a form that Sideous was unfamiliar with but, a counter argument is that Malgus has years of experience fighting Jedi (and to a lesser degree Sith) that would give him an equal advantage to Maces vaapad form. Now dont get me wrong, Im not saying that Malgus would win Im just saying that he could win just like Mace did.

Now as for the question of who is more powerful? I dont see any argument that can be made. Malgus is a combat monster but that is all he is. Sideouss power and knowledge of the force and his political/ military power are far greater than Malguss. Sideous is clearly more powerful.

On a side note; for just a good butt kicking fight Darth Malgus vs. Mace Windu. I can see the fight going either way but, regardless of who wins it would be a great duel.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.01.2013 , 10:35 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Oxades View Post
I find it strange that no one has pointed out that in a straight up lightsabre duel Mace Windu (a combat machine like Malgus) beat Darth Sideous. Now it can be argued that Mace only won because he used Vaapad a form that Sideous was unfamiliar with but, a counter argument is that Malgus has years of experience fighting Jedi (and to a lesser degree Sith) that would give him an equal advantage to Maces vaapad form. Now dont get me wrong, Im not saying that Malgus would win Im just saying that he could win just like Mace did.

Now as for the question of who is more powerful? I dont see any argument that can be made. Malgus is a combat monster but that is all he is. Sideouss power and knowledge of the force and his political/ military power are far greater than Malguss. Sideous is clearly more powerful.

On a side note; for just a good butt kicking fight Darth Malgus vs. Mace Windu. I can see the fight going either way but, regardless of who wins it would be a great duel.
Malgus can't do what Mace did, because Vaapad hasn't been invented yet. Mace only lasted as long as he did because of that, any other form he would have gotten killed quickly and really Mace only won because he exploited a fear which was coming from Anakin who was on the way. Prior to that point, Mace and Sidious were fighting at a stalemate, even then Sidious could have ended the fight at any time with his Force superiority, Mace only lived so long so that Sidious could turn Anakin.

Sidious is more powerful then Malgus in every aspect, saber combat, force power, etc so there really is no argument your right.

No the fight wouldn't go either way, because Mace would mop the floor with Malgus using Vaapad.

Now this thread really needs to stop, it should have stopped after the 1st post. There is no way, Malgus is beating Sidious...at all.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Oxades's Avatar


Oxades
03.01.2013 , 01:41 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Malgus can't do what Mace did, because Vaapad hasn't been invented yet. Mace only lasted as long as he did because of that, any other form he would have gotten killed quickly and really Mace only won because he exploited a fear which was coming from Anakin who was on the way. Prior to that point, Mace and Sidious were fighting at a stalemate, even then Sidious could have ended the fight at any time with his Force superiority, Mace only lived so long so that Sidious could turn Anakin.

Sidious is more powerful then Malgus in every aspect, saber combat, force power, etc so there really is no argument your right.

No the fight wouldn't go either way, because Mace would mop the floor with Malgus using Vaapad.

Now this thread really needs to stop, it should have stopped after the 1st post. There is no way, Malgus is beating Sidious...at all.
I disagree, I understand that form is very important but I dont think that it is an auto win over experience. Malgus is a master duelist in a time when Jedi vs. Sith fights are common. Mace and Sidious are masters of form in a time when Jedi vs. Sith fights are uncommon. So I think that Malguss experience gives him an advantage that you not taking into account (at least against Mace). Now I know that Vaapad is a powerful form, but is it really so powerful that no other form can beat it?

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
03.01.2013 , 05:39 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Oxades View Post
I disagree, I understand that form is very important but I dont think that it is an auto win over experience. Malgus is a master duelist in a time when Jedi vs. Sith fights are common. Mace and Sidious are masters of form in a time when Jedi vs. Sith fights are uncommon. So I think that Malguss experience gives him an advantage that you not taking into account (at least against Mace). Now I know that Vaapad is a powerful form, but is it really so powerful that no other form can beat it?
No Mace would destroy Malgus. Vaapad is THE ultimate form for fighting Sith. It uses the darkness within the user and the opponent to strengthen the user. But even without Vaapad, Malgus would be no match for Mace Windu. Just like Malgus is no match for Darth Sidious.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

DarthTyranid's Avatar


DarthTyranid
03.01.2013 , 05:50 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
No Mace would destroy Malgus. Vaapad is THE ultimate form for fighting Sith. It uses the darkness within the user and the opponent to strengthen the user. But even without Vaapad, Malgus would be no match for Mace Windu. Just like Malgus is no match for Darth Sidious.
I think I need to watch these clone war cartoons to find out just what the heck is going on to make people so convinced about the unbeatableness of any characters that appear in it.

Lord_O_Death_Joe's Avatar


Lord_O_Death_Joe
03.01.2013 , 05:54 PM | #89
I think some people here have been watching too many flashing lights and ridiculous saber moves that have been able to be implemented simply because of our own improved technology, and are assuming that these OR characters are simply much more powerful in order to pull off such moves.

This is an incredibly unfair and skewed measuring stick to use on force-users from different time frames. There is plenty of material to show that the most powerful Jedi/Sith occurred right around RoTS -> RoTJ. Sadly, the movies didnt have the tech to make them as blindingly powerful as you might like (I havent, but read the EU books if you want that). I find this idea laughable, as even a thread comparing Vilgate to Sidious finally clearly threw the ball in Palps favor.

This thread was over as soon as Aurbere posted anyway, so...

Thread.
-
*.....*.,,....Lv fr r d lk pr....,,.*......*
.......,~,.....Srh hrugh Awsmss.....,~,.......
.._.~;`~._,;~,................... Joe ....................,~;,_.~`;~._..

Rabenschwinge's Avatar


Rabenschwinge
03.01.2013 , 06:09 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Galvetyce View Post
Who is truly the more powerful between the two?
I think that's hard to compare because Darth Malgus is a front loaded warrior and Sidious is a deveiver and schemer. The nature of their power differs greatly from each other....
Ah, yes. "Reapers."