Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Clone Wars S05E19 - To Catch A Jedi

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Clone Wars S05E19 - To Catch A Jedi

Selenial
02.23.2013 , 03:42 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I mean, Plo Koon could do something. He cares about Ahsoka. Shouldn't he be involved somehow? Granted this is about Anakin and Ahsoka, but it's not like Plo Koon is just going to sit around and let Ahsoka take the fall for something that she didn't do. He should be more involved.
Again, he is... I just think when they can they are going to be focussing it more on Anakin...
I think Skywalker will be removed from interrogations when Ahsoka gets into the Jedi Custody, if she does, and that would probably be where good old Koon comes in :P
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Spartanik
02.23.2013 , 03:44 PM | #22
In the preview for the next episode it shows ashoka in a trial in front of all jedi, and then in front of Palpatine and the senate. Also it shows Anakin full on rage against ventress. I hope we dont see the last of her as i realy like ventress. BUt it could very well them wrapping up another character like they say they want to do and have been doing in the show.
Also its not unheard of Anaking comiting murder for revenge.

Quote:
And the outfit looks suspiciously like Offee, but as a padawan, I doubt she can master many lightsaber styles (or two, as she must be using a different one to usual to dual wield, and I believe her main style was Soresu like Master Undulis... ) I think either they are trying to look like Ms Offee, or the developers are trying to make it look like Offee so when its not were totally "shocked"
That means very litle. all evidence sugests its barris Offee. Ashoka also a padawan, and in the begining she was using djem so like anakin, now she uses jar kai/ ataru?. Its not unseen for a padawan to learn other forms, specialy when they are padawans and they are learning them.
Also despite being padawans these are jedi with quite exprience on the battlefields. I wouldnt put pass Offee not by a second.

I could well be wrong and not be her, but i feel they intruducing a new character now out of the blue doesnt make much sense. And the fact is all evidence indicate its offee. From the last episode to this one i think its quite obvious. And what its interesting acording to canon she dies in the jedi purge isnt that right? If not retcon
It can mean she probably get away with this, wich could well mean that ashoka dont.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Aurbere
02.23.2013 , 03:48 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Again, he is... I just think when they can they are going to be focussing it more on Anakin...
I think Skywalker will be removed from interrogations when Ahsoka gets into the Jedi Custody, if she does, and that would probably be where good old Koon comes in :P
I hope you're right.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Slowpokeking
02.23.2013 , 04:02 PM | #24
I don't see a Jedi padawan could Force Choke people from so far without letting Ahsoka sense it.

Selenial
02.23.2013 , 04:07 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post

That means very litle. all evidence sugests its barris Offee. Ashoka also a padawan, and in the begining she was using djem so like anakin, now she uses jar kai/ ataru?. Its not unseen for a padawan to learn other forms, specialy when they are padawans and they are learning them.
Also despite being padawans these are jedi with quite exprience on the battlefields. I wouldnt put pass Offee not by a second.
From previous episodes it is quite clear to me that Offee cannot out duel ahsoka....
And yes, but thats different, It wasnt established in other Canon that ahsoka was a djem user, like it is that Offee is a Soresu user....
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Slowpokeking
02.23.2013 , 04:11 PM | #26
From previous episodes it is quite clear to me that Offee cannot out duel ahsoka....
And yes, but thats different, It wasnt established in other Canon that ahsoka was a djem user, like it is that Offee is a Soresu user....
Vosa is a great user of Jar'Kai, and those lightsabers once belong to her.

Spartanik
02.23.2013 , 04:20 PM | #27
It doesnt matter in other canon can be established what ever. They can change it in this show, wich is even more canon then the other one.
From the other episodes though i dont recall Ashoka getting the uper hand in lightsaber dueling skills at least. However again it doesnt matter if Ashoka could out duel barris before. That was then this is now. That is the nature of star wars and of storytelling drama. Powers skills of a character are never set in stone it flows, it varies.

I could well be wrong, off course, but giving what we know so far from the show...
My bet would be barris. It got to be a jedi. That is my feeling on the matter.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Slowpokeking
02.23.2013 , 04:22 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
It doesnt matter in other canon can be established what ever. They can change it in this show, wich is even more canon then the other one.
From the other episodes though i dont recall Ashoka getting the uper hand in lightsaber dueling skills at least. However again it doesnt matter if Ashoka could out duel barris before. That was then this is now. That is the nature of star wars and of storytelling drama.
It would make little sense, there is no way Barriss could master dual wielding in short time and Force Choke people from so far.

Spartanik
02.23.2013 , 04:31 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
It would make little sense, there is no way Barriss could master dual wielding in short time and Force Choke people from so far.
who says she was far? she was close enough to be very near, not only to drop the security key, and to kill those clones.

Also mastered force choke or dual blade? what that means? if she turned to the dark side she could very well be proficient enough to do it. Mastered isnt even required. Ahsoka swicthed fighting style arround the same time frame even.
As far we know barris was the only one knowing where Ashoka was ( at the wharehouse), besides ventress, but for obvious reasons ventress is ruled out. And the fact that the comunication was secured ( ashoka hacking the comunication line to make it so)

If it isnt Barris it could be someone working with her. someone we dont know, wich means they will be intruducing a new character wich i very rather doubt at this point.

All im saying cleary from wacthing this last episodes everything points to her. Remember that the girl who was forced choked said it was working with a jedi. that narrows even more the suspect list.
Also
Quote:

SNCommand
02.23.2013 , 04:39 PM | #30
The reason why I think it's Barriss now is mostly because introducing another character at this point would be bad storytelling, and she was the only person the audience knows knew about the warhouse besides Ahsoka and Ventress

It would also explain why they have decided to focus on the relationship between Ahsoka and Barriss in a storyline where they could focus on any number of different important relationships
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.