Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Boba Fett vs. Gunnery Sgt. Buck

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Boba Fett vs. Gunnery Sgt. Buck

YoshiRaphElan's Avatar


YoshiRaphElan
02.22.2013 , 03:25 PM | #1
As suggested in another thread...Boba Fett versus Gunnery Sergeant Buck from Halo 3: ODST. Scenario:

Boba gets his full arsenal, and he can use it properly (someone in the other thread mentioned he couldn't shoot straight in the movie; that's because he had to miss Luke for the movie to continue. Here he can shoot straighter than pretty much anyone in the SW galaxy). Buck gets a jetpack, two plasma and frag grenades, one napalm genade, a silenced machine gun, and a silenced magnum. The battle takes place in a highly urbanized city, and neither man has reinforcements. Go!

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
02.23.2013 , 08:23 AM | #2
sorry Star Wars canon doesn't work that way. What you see in the movies is how it actually happens. So if Boba is inaccurate in the movies he is always inaccurate.

Which btw fits with Star Wars tech as we see even the heroes missing.

oh and Serg would win. One plasma grenade would take out Fett. Yes his head and chest is covered but the rest of him just has basically kevlar. Also an assualt rifle would tear through his cloth.

YoshiRaphElan's Avatar


YoshiRaphElan
02.23.2013 , 12:15 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
sorry Star Wars canon doesn't work that way. What you see in the movies is how it actually happens. So if Boba is inaccurate in the movies he is always inaccurate.
No, it's called the stormtrooper effect. He had to miss Luke for the plot to continue. If you read any EU, he is the best bounty hunter in the galaxy. He wouldn't well be the best if he missed at 0.5 meters. He is probably one of the best, if not the best, bounty hunter in the galaxy. Any blind guy could get a cheap shot at a jetpack -- Fett just has bad situational awareness. Other than that, he's great.

So I will repeat, for the sake of this match, Fett shoots as well as any elite soldier. Also, the cloth he wears is lined with armorweave, so it would at least deflect the first few shots.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
02.23.2013 , 02:35 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
No, it's called the stormtrooper effect. He had to miss Luke for the plot to continue. If you read any EU, he is the best bounty hunter in the galaxy. He wouldn't well be the best if he missed at 0.5 meters. He is probably one of the best, if not the best, bounty hunter in the galaxy. Any blind guy could get a cheap shot at a jetpack -- Fett just has bad situational awareness. Other than that, he's great.

So I will repeat, for the sake of this match, Fett shoots as well as any elite soldier. Also, the cloth he wears is lined with armorweave, so it would at least deflect the first few shots.
sigh... The Stormtrooper effect is something made up by fans but that is not how it actually is.

The way Star Wars canon works is that what happens in the movies is how it actually is. Even when not shooting at the heros the Stormtroopers are bad shots which BTW the offiical explinations is because the empire would buy cheap power crystals which made their weapons innacurate.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.23.2013 , 03:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
sigh... The Stormtrooper effect is something made up by fans but that is not how it actually is.

The way Star Wars canon works is that what happens in the movies is how it actually is. Even when not shooting at the heros the Stormtroopers are bad shots which BTW the offiical explinations is because the empire would buy cheap power crystals which made their weapons innacurate.
Not all blasters are powered by crystals it could also be powered by liquid or gas for the medium, a good portion of blasters use Tibanna Gas as the favored medium. I wouldn't say Stormtroopers were bad shots though, I mean they did kill all those Rebels aboard the Tantive IV, granted close range yes but Boba too was at a fairly close range.

Besides if Stormtroopers were such bad shots, then I doubt the Rebels wouldn't have lost every engagement they were in.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
02.23.2013 , 03:50 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Not all blasters are powered by crystals it could also be powered by liquid or gas for the medium, a good portion of blasters use Tibanna Gas as the favored medium. I wouldn't say Stormtroopers were bad shots though, I mean they did kill all those Rebels aboard the Tantive IV, granted close range yes but Boba too was at a fairly close range.

Besides if Stormtroopers were such bad shots, then I doubt the Rebels wouldn't have lost every engagement they were in.
well it was a small hallway so all they had to was fire straight and even then they miss A LOT. Not to mention C-3po and R2D2 walk right down that hallway completely unharmed.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.23.2013 , 03:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
well it was a small hallway so all they had to was fire straight and even then they miss A LOT. Not to mention C-3po and R2D2 walk right down that hallway completely unharmed.
Well C3PO and R2 are among the luckest SOB droids in the galaxy. :P Not as lucky as Han though, but if you remember two Stormtroopers did hit Leia and R2 on Endor and they did aim so they aren't all bad shots.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
02.23.2013 , 03:55 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Well C3PO and R2 are among the luckest SOB droids in the galaxy. :P Not as lucky as Han though, but if you remember two Stormtroopers did hit Leia and R2 on Endor and they did aim so they aren't all bad shots.
yes they did hit them after firing at 4 people standing in front of a open wall....

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.23.2013 , 04:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
yes they did hit them after firing at 4 people standing in front of a open wall....
Eh I always thought those shots came from somewhere else really stray shots maybe?, the two that we see just seem to take a position and fire. But ah anyway, getting off topic here lol but ah isn't Buck almost the same levels as MC? Augmented and all that? So ya he can win.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

YoshiRaphElan's Avatar


YoshiRaphElan
02.23.2013 , 08:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
But ah anyway, getting off topic here lol but ah isn't Buck almost the same levels as MC? Augmented and all that? So ya he can win.
No, Buck is just an ODST. Basically, a very physically fit shock trooper, but without any enhancements or augments.