Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Malgus vs Darth Sideous

Selenial
02.20.2013 , 03:27 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Heh heh heh, more Aurbere prestige for me!
**** grew reputation, time to start farmin aubere rep
Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere
02.20.2013 , 04:21 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
And to be honest, I don't care ow they interpret Kreias line, it all means the same thing, the weakness was of the current sith order, not the sith in general. My argument stands....
That line could be interpreted in many ways. We could even go so far as to say that she was speaking of the first Sith Lord* (King Adas), but that would be a lie. It was noted by the entire Sith race that Ajunta Pall was far and away Adas' superior, going so far as to call him the Blood Heir of King Adas. And Adas was not weak by any means (having personally kicked the Infinite Empire's hide before being killed).

I don't know where Kreia heard that the ancients were superior, but the above case clearly shows that skill and strength in the Force progresses with time. Malgus is thousands of years behind Sidious. During Sidious' time, lightsaber forms were incredibly advanced, and Sidious mastered each of them.

But really, only one piece of evidence should show Sidious' superiority: He defeated Luke Skywalker.

*Of course that is not what she said, but that's how we could interpret it if we really tried.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Ventessel
02.22.2013 , 12:27 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
That line could be interpreted in many ways. We could even go so far as to say that she was speaking of the first Sith Lord* (King Adas), but that would be a lie. It was noted by the entire Sith race that Ajunta Pall was far and away Adas' superior, going so far as to call him the Blood Heir of King Adas. And Adas was not weak by any means (having personally kicked the Infinite Empire's hide before being killed).

I don't know where Kreia heard that the ancients were superior, but the above case clearly shows that skill and strength in the Force progresses with time. Malgus is thousands of years behind Sidious. During Sidious' time, lightsaber forms were incredibly advanced, and Sidious mastered each of them.

But really, only one piece of evidence should show Sidious' superiority: He defeated Luke Skywalker.

*Of course that is not what she said, but that's how we could interpret it if we really tried.
Since this is somewhat off-topic for this thread, I'd actually like to discuss this particular facet of lore in another thread. Namely, did those lightsaber techniques advance during the Rule of Two? It's quite possible that they did not.

Here's the thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=601686
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
Kaggath Brawl: Round One Round Two
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

DarthTyranid
02.23.2013 , 09:41 AM | #74
One on One? Sideous would most likely win do to greater mastery.

But Malgus has a freakin army of Sith to call on, whereas Sidious has 1 apprentice and some force sensitive 'hands' (rule of 2 loophole I guess). So taking into account their allies, then Malgus has the advantage.

Aurbere
02.23.2013 , 11:14 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTyranid View Post
One on One? Sideous would most likely win do to greater mastery.

But Malgus has a freakin army of Sith to call on, whereas Sidious has 1 apprentice and some force sensitive 'hands' (rule of 2 loophole I guess). So taking into account their allies, then Malgus has the advantage.
Except for the fact that Sidious can disintegrate a legion of troops with his Force Lightning.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Darkondo
02.23.2013 , 11:24 AM | #76
Can we please let this thread die? This isnt even worth arguing over, anyone that knows anything about star wars knows Sidious wins hands down. Malgus isnt a black hole like Nihilus or a force god like Abeloth so this is no contest whatsoever.

Spartanik
02.23.2013 , 12:23 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Except for the fact that Sidious can disintegrate a legion of troops with his Force Lightning.
Regular troops. Malgus had alot of sith with him.

I think this is so irrelevant though.

This whole thing of debating who has a bigger dick is so stupid and un star warsy.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

DarthTyranid
02.23.2013 , 01:01 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
Regular troops. Malgus had alot of sith with him.

I think this is so irrelevant though.

This whole thing of debating who has a bigger dick is so stupid and un star warsy.
This is the very essence of nerd culture though.

I just don't understand the love for Palpatine really. Boba Fett gets a huge following for awesome looks and attitude; Luke is your hero ideal; Han 'shot first' etc.

How did the old guy in the robes amass such a following?

Wolfninjajedi
02.23.2013 , 01:39 PM | #79

I just don't understand the love for Palpatine really. Boba Fett gets a huge following for awesome looks and attitude; Luke is your hero ideal; Han 'shot first' etc.

His entire character maybe? The character was portrayed and written well.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Spartanik
02.23.2013 , 01:55 PM | #80

Well i think is a sort of darkside of nerd culture that could well pass without. It can become very petty and inconsequent. Wich is ridiculous. Mainly because one can very easly lose perspective and forget what realy matters.

The "love" for Palpatine is mainly in my opinion because of Ian Mcdiarmid , specialy his performance in the prequels, wich gave palpatine a new light.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.