Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marauder smash changes 2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Marauder smash changes 2.0

Qwurdilu
02.23.2013 , 08:18 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
WTH why would they switch these around?! The free scream is much better for the tank jugg.
Your question contains the answer. They dont want tanks and vigilance to use it, thats why its bound to shi-choo now.

Although i feel they didnt looked into all changes this will do.
On sentinel they couldnt switch, altough they wanted to implement free force scream, so they moved it into pve bonus. I bet they forgot about pvp players who cant get the bonus. I bet they also forget about guardians who may obtain this 2 set boni, creating an incredible strong synergy for masterstrike.

Keldaur
02.23.2013 , 08:19 AM | #32
WTH why would they switch these around?! The free scream is much better for the tank jugg.
That talent was already switched at beta one year and half ago. Marauders with free force screams were pretty nasty. I don't know why they brought it back, but well, now it's bound to shii-cho tho..

Qwurdilu
02.23.2013 , 08:23 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post

The free Scream talent might as well just be scrapped tbh.
I hope they do! ill hope they replace it with masterstrike again. Easy focusmanagement=bads can perform well. They better make it a hard to play class with the ability to compete in focus dmg with dds.
Focus management as it is now is ridicoulos on focus tree.

Xerain
02.23.2013 , 08:24 AM | #34
Some of these changes are ***...

Like no more 100% proc to 100% crit on scream for carnage?! Now a 30% chance off of execute, ***.

Raansu
02.23.2013 , 08:27 AM | #35
Yeah it's a nerf for Jugg tanks too.

Why did they take away our ms/rav damage talent?! Eh it's whatever.
Because to be perfectly honest it does a crap load of damage for something that can't be interrupted(obviously not counting stuns/knockbacks here). I've lost track of how many times I've practically one shot someone with precision slash into master strike and finishing them off with blade storm. Will I miss the 8% buff? Hell ya, but I agree that it needed to be removed from sentinels. It's in the first tier of immortal for juggs and I agree with it staying over there as vengeance relies much on ravage damage and they don't have precision slash like combat does.

Raansu
02.23.2013 , 08:31 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Qwurdilu View Post
Your question contains the answer. They dont want tanks and vigilance to use it, thats why its bound to shi-choo now.

Although i feel they didnt looked into all changes this will do.
On sentinel they couldnt switch, altough they wanted to implement free force scream, so they moved it into pve bonus. I bet they forgot about pvp players who cant get the bonus. I bet they also forget about guardians who may obtain this 2 set boni, creating an incredible strong synergy for masterstrike.
I can maybe see focus guardians opting to go for the pve 2pc set for the blade storm bonus, but vigilance guardians are definitely going to stay with the 4pc pvp bonus.

Xerain
02.23.2013 , 08:41 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Because to be perfectly honest it does a crap load of damage for something that can't be interrupted(obviously not counting stuns/knockbacks here). I've lost track of how many times I've practically one shot someone with precision slash into master strike and finishing them off with blade storm. Will I miss the 8% buff? Hell ya, but I agree that it needed to be removed from sentinels. It's in the first tier of immortal for juggs and I agree with it staying over there as vengeance relies much on ravage damage and they don't have precision slash like combat does.
Yeah but this coupled with the change to ataru form hits proccing our scream crit only 30% of the time now is pretty stupid.

Racter
02.23.2013 , 10:08 AM | #38
They also nerfed berserk pretty hard for carnage. The alacrity change instead of direct gcd reduction is fine because it works out to be the same, but they took away the cost reductions during it.

ArchangelLBC
02.23.2013 , 02:25 PM | #39
Some of these changes are ***...

Like no more 100% proc to 100% crit on scream for carnage?! Now a 30% chance off of execute, ***.
Yeah they gutted combat pretty hard. Looks like I won't be going back afterall =(

The way they talked about set bonus changes I'm wondering if it's possible to get PVE bonuses still because the first PVE bonus gives us back our 8% MS increase, and the second would give us pretty much permanent 4% boost to damage as long as you're using Zen every 15 seconds.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

VmasterV
02.25.2013 , 09:50 AM | #40
Where did you people get this information???Can someone share a link about this,no way are they gonna nerf smash in a way that force choke stops making shockwave .Link anyone?