Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty Hunter Story: Review

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Bounty Hunter Story: Review

Slowpokeking
02.20.2013 , 08:25 PM | #11
Before I played it I thought the story would mostly be male-like such as the SW, but my female BH fit just fine.

SithKoriandr
02.21.2013 , 12:23 AM | #12
I played a mostly light sided BH. So I did take some dark side choices.

Spoiler

My only real complaint about the BH storyline that I love btw, is I want more anti empire choices. Though for all the things I did against the Empire with my choices, I found it funny they kept hiring me.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

JediMB
02.23.2013 , 08:13 AM | #13
My main problem with the Bounty Hunter story was that a lot of the planets/missions just felt like filler.

But I suppose that happens with most of the classes.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

Greyhamea
02.23.2013 , 09:15 AM | #14
Bounty Hunter is definitely one of my favourites that I've played.

SithKoriandr
02.23.2013 , 02:29 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
My main problem with the Bounty Hunter story was that a lot of the planets/missions just felt like filler.

But I suppose that happens with most of the classes.
It has felt that way to me. :/
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

darthgroond
02.23.2013 , 03:11 PM | #16
Haven't finished the Bounty Hunter story (In fact, I've only finished the Inquisitor one. I'm playing casually) but I'm really enjoying it so far. About halfway through Chapter 2 and it's good fun. It has a few dips now and then but I have a Jawa following me about now and I got to punch a few Alderaanians in the face. I especially enjoyed this. If you've played through Alderaan with other characters before the Bounty Hunter, you'll get a real satisfaction from those moments. Not much better so far in this game than smacking about those smug gits.
Rest in peace little pixel. Your memory will live on.
-- The Pixel Legacy (The Red Eclipse EU) --

''A Sith craves adventure and excitement.'' - Firrez Pixel

biehlerj
04.16.2014 , 01:05 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
With these storylines you really can not make an objective assessment. It mostly comes down to one's preference. For example I am an "Empire guy" so obviously I enjoyed IA, SW and SI by far the most. Even as kid, watching the Original Trilogy, I always preferred the Empire. I kinda dislike the Jedi and the Republic therefore I didn't enjoy JC, Trooper and JK that much. Especially I dislike the Trooper and its overall "Sir yes sir! For the Republic!" mentality. Makes me feel like some hardcore brainwashed USA "patriot" (no offence meant).

I think if someone likes the idea of BH and enjoyed Boba Fett character in the films he will probably find BH story line decent and enjoyable. I mean it is not as intriguing as IA storyline since obviously the class concept is completely different but I think it has all the elements to satisfy "BH kind of guys".
I conflicted with this statement. I am near the end of Chapter 1 and I could not be more bored and unmotivated to level my bounty hunter, which is weird because as a kid Boba and Jango Fett were two of my top 10 favorite Star Wars characters and when I played Star Wars Galaxy I mostly played a Bounty Hunter. The reason I agree with this statement is because if you are like me in the fact that you love bounty hunters in the Star Wars Universe but are looking for a fun character to play and could care less about the class story then Bounty Hunters are a good fit for you, but if you are like me in that when you play a game you look for an engaging storyline, then Bounty Hunters aren't particularly great as their class story gets kind of repetitive and feels like a grind sometimes.