Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightning 2.0

AdmiralParmesan
02.22.2013 , 06:42 PM | #11
Personally I already have success with full lightning in pvp so I am pretty excited by the changes. I just wish I could try them out
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

Fireswraith
02.22.2013 , 08:52 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
Now, I was only wearing Arkanian gloves and boots, with implants, ear piece, main and off-hand. So my surge and critical chances were down however, my Will Power was 2600 and my bonus damage was 1200 (or there about). My numbers were off because I wasn't wearing full Arkanian gear. So the damage numbers were off because of that. This is the build I used: 2/39/5.
3 points wasted in Lightning Spire and Lightning Barrier IMO, better spent in Corruption's 3% force crit increase.

Laforet
02.22.2013 , 10:27 PM | #13
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=601481

good read on lightning experiences on PvP at the PTS.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Jkelectronet Poledancer new healstar inc.

ZeppFreeloader
02.23.2013 , 05:48 AM | #14
Laforet,

That thread talks a lot about forked darkness. There are Four problems I have with Forked Darkness.
1 DoT buffs should be in Madness, not lightning
2 You can not get both Forked Darkness and Wrath, which would make it useful
3 The proc chance and damage buff are both too low, especially for a T7, it basically requires force Nexus to be useful
4 There are already too many abilities chained together in lightning, why one more.

Simple solution, place the Thundering Blast portion in Forked lightning, and switch Forked Darkness with Focal Lightning, as Lightning is the tree that could benefit more from Alacrity anyways.

Laforet
02.23.2013 , 09:33 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeppFreeloader View Post
Laforet,

That thread talks a lot about forked darkness. There are Four problems I have with Forked Darkness.
1 DoT buffs should be in Madness, not lightning
2 You can not get both Forked Darkness and Wrath, which would make it useful
3 The proc chance and damage buff are both too low, especially for a T7, it basically requires force Nexus to be useful
4 There are already too many abilities chained together in lightning, why one more.

Simple solution, place the Thundering Blast portion in Forked lightning, and switch Forked Darkness with Focal Lightning, as Lightning is the tree that could benefit more from Alacrity anyways.
You are on spot on your observations i hope some developer notices it, have you posted on the PTS thread?
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Jkelectronet Poledancer new healstar inc.

ZeppFreeloader
02.23.2013 , 09:40 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Laforet View Post
You are on spot on your observations i hope some developer notices it, have you posted on the PTS thread?
Yes. I started a thread there, no replies yet.

Ghost_Spectre
02.23.2013 , 03:33 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Fireswraith View Post
3 points wasted in Lightning Spire and Lightning Barrier IMO, better spent in Corruption's 3% force crit increase.
So you want me to give up a range advantage and survivability just to increase critical chance by 3%? You go right ahead, I won't do it. Especially with survivability being nerfed for the Sorcerer in 2.0 thanks to the reduction in Lightning Barrier. I will continue to play a hybrid because going full lightning is still a waste of time. BioWare fails again to do the right thing for the Sorcerer class.
Azumi Veng Juggernaut Imperius Deception Sin Demonicus Healing Sorceress
Tempest TK Sage Requiem Guardian Tank Sei-Cair Gunnery Commando
Starchild Legacy Jedi Convenant Guild Light/Dark Holiday

Fireswraith
02.23.2013 , 08:30 PM | #18
Still see no point because either way you're gona be within 30 meters to cast Affliction to get your insta crit on Thundering Blast. And as far as Lightning Barrier, an extra 10% of a low amount isn't that great I think. Better to go with an extra flat out 3% force crit increase as far as DPS goes I think, especially with the crit/surge nerf.

Ghost_Spectre
02.23.2013 , 10:15 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Fireswraith View Post
Still see no point because either way you're gona be within 30 meters to cast Affliction to get your insta crit on Thundering Blast. And as far as Lightning Barrier, an extra 10% of a low amount isn't that great I think. Better to go with an extra flat out 3% force crit increase as far as DPS goes I think, especially with the crit/surge nerf.
I will not be speccing full Lightning with 2.0...or ever again, unless they correct the issues the are creating and have created. If they do not, I will not play my Sorcerer in PvP again. I'll just play my Jugg tank and nothing else in PvP.

I will continue to spec the way I am and keep Lightning Spire and Barrier even if they nerf it, because without it, the survivability drops more.
Azumi Veng Juggernaut Imperius Deception Sin Demonicus Healing Sorceress
Tempest TK Sage Requiem Guardian Tank Sei-Cair Gunnery Commando
Starchild Legacy Jedi Convenant Guild Light/Dark Holiday

Diablo_Cow
02.24.2013 , 06:49 PM | #20
Anyone know a good rotation and build? When I parsed on live and on PTS I noticed a +500 dps (1557 to 2083) right off the bat in pure Arkanian gear with no optimization minus the removal of the accuracy enhancement. I ran with a sorc on my tank who says he is pulling 2.3k and I've seen parses o 2.3k.

Currently I am running 5/36/5, my stats are:
~2400 end (28k hp)
~2650 wp
crit 25% (333ish rating)
surge 68% (can't remember rating, will edit in)
alacrity 7.8% (450ish rating)
power: ~1000 (1.3k bonus damage)

Based on the stat difference between live and PTS, the lose of 10% crit and 7% surge shouldn't account for 300 dps. So I'm thinking its my rotation which is the same in live and PTS.